Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
2023 Cup Winners

Kurashev-Turcotte-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Barrett
Sikura-Toews-Kubalik
Wise-Kampf-Entwhistle
Kunitz

Boqvist-Jokijarju
Beaudin-Mitchell
Keith-Murphy
Ess
Strange. I can't seem to find Byram's name in your lineup...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Rangers already have top 9 C's set for next year

Zibanejad
Strome
Howden

Howden is part of rebuild (Was key piece of Mcd + Miller trade) and got his first full season in NHL last year

AA would make no sense for them

I forgot about Ryan Strome. I’ll delete the post.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Didn't mean it like that. Just share information when I have it sometimes. Organization is pretty tight-lipped at this point.

Your post and thoughts weren't wrong on the whole, just not the case in this instance. Yet.

I definitely didn't take offense to what you said, I was just trying to be funny while making it clear you have more knowledge than me on this one.

Like you said, in general, what I said is largely true but not in this specific instance.

Reactions: BK and Blue Liner

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I definitely didn't take offense to what you said, I was just trying to be funny while making it clear you have more knowledge than me on this one.

Like you said, in general, what I said is largely true but not in this specific instance.

I laughed haha. It was funny. Glad you took it well, sometimes things don't come across via text as intended.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Anisimov @ 5 million in real dollars owed after July 1 when his modified NMC goes away would have to be real tempting to Ottawa. Notoriously cheap and devoid of any decent vet centers. They are really devoid of anything on the NHL roster (that they would consider trading) that I would be interested in but they do own 7 2nd round picks in the next 3 drafts and Batherson would be an interesting prospect maybe along with a midround pick to build something around. I love the idea of move Anismov and trade for Haula (I would not be opposed to sign Brock Nelson either if it can be done for something around Anisimov's cap hit).

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Anisimov @ 5 million in real dollars owed after July 1 when his modified NMC goes away would have to be real tempting to Ottawa. Notoriously cheap and devoid of any decent vet centers. They are really devoid of anything on the NHL roster (that they would consider trading) that I would be interested in but they do own 7 2nd round picks in the next 3 drafts and Batherson would be an interesting prospect maybe along with a midround pick to build something around. I love the idea of move Anismov and trade for Haula (I would not be opposed to sign Brock Nelson either if it can be done for something around Anisimov's cap hit).
He'd still have an NTC and Ottawa being the biggest tire fire in the league right now, I'd feel pretty confident he wouldn't waive to playing there.

Last edited:

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
He'd still have an NTC and Ottawa being the biggest tire fire in the league right now, I'd feel pretty confident he wouldn't waive to playing there.
Cap friendly lists the current year as the last year of his modified NMC. There is NO trade limitations in his contract for 19/20 which begins July 1. Anisimov will go where he is traded if he wants to get a pay check....unless capfriendly is wrong.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Cap friendly lists the current year as the last year of his modified NMC. There is NO trade limitations in his contract for 19/20 which begins July 1. Anisimov will go where he is traded if he wants to get a pay check....unless capfriendly is wrong.
You are right. I coulda sworn he still had some sort of trade clause, but I looked at capfriendly too and they don't list anything (and I trust them as a site).

Still, would have to feel for Arty if he has to go to Ottawa. He might be better off retiring then playing there.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You are right. I coulda sworn he still had some sort of trade clause, but I looked at capfriendly too and they don't list anything (and I trust them as a site).

Still, would have to feel for Arty if he has to go to Ottawa. He might be better off retiring then playing there.

Yep, Anisimov’s contractual ability to have any say in where he goes ends soon.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I know your not supposed to look at it like this but it would feel wrong for Hawks to send AA to that dumpster fire

You send guys like Hayden to an organization like that

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Maybe I would have some sympathy for someone who actually did something in the Indianhead, but AA will have collected almost 19 million to make the playoffs half the seasons he has been here and lose in the first round the half we did. That is not all on him, but he hasn't been a driver of success during his tenure. He has been a role player in a stretch of mediority we haven't seen in more then a decade.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I know your not supposed to look at it like this but it would feel wrong for Hawks to send AA to that dumpster fire

You send guys like Hayden to an organization like that
i am sorry but i don't.....

the reason is sports like the nhl is a 2 headed monster. there is the sport/fan loving side and the other side it the business side.

flip side, look at Seabs contract and seabs not waiving his NMC.

it is business.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe I would have some sympathy for someone who actually did something in the Indianhead, but AA will have collected almost 19 million to make the playoffs half the seasons he has been here and lose in the first round the half we did. That is not all on him, but he hasn't been a driver of success during his tenure

AA seems like a laid back easy going type anyway.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Going to Ottawa would be a fate worse than death. I only wish it upon the worst of my enemies.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Yeah it's gotta be tough on some of these guys .. getting paid millions and millions and millions of dollars and maybe having to play on a team that sucks for a year or two ... "it's a hard luck life!"

Reactions: Styles

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah it's gotta be tough on some of these guys .. getting paid millions and millions and millions of dollars and maybe having to play on a team that sucks for a year or two ... "it's a hard luck life!"
the state of all sports teams today.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
iv never been. i dont think iv heard great city too much about Ottawa. interesting. i know its a government city and thats about it.

Ottawa is not a travel destination like Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal (my favorite) but there is good food and a lot to do. More of a short weekend trip type city compared to spending 4-5 days there.

It is no New Orleans though...:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad