Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
TSN came out with their trade board. Would you guys do a deal around Saad for Kessel? Hawks gain some term for a little extra cap hit in process...

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Kessel
Kubalik-Anisimov-Kahun
Perlini-Kampf-Sikura
Kruger

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
TSN came out with their trade board. Would you guys do a deal around Saad for Kessel? Hawks gain some term for a little extra cap hit in process...

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Kessel
Kubalik-Anisimov-Kahun
Perlini-Kampf-Sikura
Kruger

https://www.tsn.ca/kessel-tops-first-tsn-trade-bait-board-of-the-spring-1.1307202

Grab Callahan and Frolik as cap dumps, and pick up Connor Brown.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Brown
Kubalik-Anisimov-Kahun
Callahan-Kampf-Frolik

Edit: Shit, I forgot to add Saad back in. I guess you don't need Brown in this scenario, and you can just put Saad in that spot.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
https://www.tsn.ca/kessel-tops-first-tsn-trade-bait-board-of-the-spring-1.1307202

Grab Callahan and Frolik as cap dumps, and pick up Connor Brown.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Brown
Kubalik-Anisimov-Kahun
Callahan-Kampf-Frolik

Edit: ****, I forgot to add Saad back in. I guess you don't need Brown in this scenario, and you can just put Saad in that spot.

Pens fan on mainboard said they would do Saad + Krys for Kessel. I would do that personally. Pick up a year of control and get a player with almost double the offensive production at only 800k more.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
No thanks on Kessel for Saad. This team doesn't need more scoring...we have plenty. I am also not interested in UFA names like Dzingel, Nyquist, or Panarin (at least not at the price he will command). We need more Saad and less Kessel. Grab one of Andres Lee or Brock Nelson from the the Isles, sign one of Chiarot or Nemeth and lets see what we have at training camp.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No thanks on Kessel for Saad. This team doesn't need more scoring...we have plenty. I am also not interested in UFA names like Dzingel, Nyquist, or Panarin (at least not at the price he will command). We need more Saad and less Kessel. Grab one of Andres Lee or Brock Nelson from the the Isles, sign one of Chiarot or Nemeth and lets see what we have at training camp.

I’m concerned Lou very aggressively tries to bring that team back and drives up the price for his UFAs to a level its no longer attractive to pursue.

Reactions: Drumman44

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Spezza is old but still > 50% at the dot. What about a one year deal for him at 3C?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm going to veto Kessel. We don't need more scoring. That's the last thing this team needs. Saad is one of the only defensively responsible forwards we have. We need more of that, not less. Also yes Kessel has an extra year, but is Saad going to re-sign for anything more than Kessel's current deal? I doubt it.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I love Saad and we have a good amount of scoring but more can always help, can’t expect to have 110 points from Kane again and as good of a season from toews, Kessel could help out. We would have to find a spot for him on PP1 probably because he is nasty on the PP. we can find players that are defensively responsible in FA and Kessel can for sure make up for Saad’s scoring. Factor in it’s only 800K more and I think it would be a smart move

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Saad for Kessel would be an awful move for so many reasons.

1) Kessel provides more offense but Saad provides a much better 2-way game, so right off the bat a 1 for 1 trade is a push at best.
2) Kessel has an extra 800k cap hit. That is not insignificant.
3) We would have to protect Kessel at the expansion draft so his 3 years of term is actually worse than Saad's 2 years in this scenario.
4) Kessel is 5 years older than Saad.
5) If we don't trade Saad before his contract expires he is a lot more likely than Kessel to resign with the Hawks at a reasonable price.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Add me to the group that doesn't want to move Saad for Kessel.

I don't agree with not bringing in someone like Dzingel, though (obviously depending on money he commands). Any time you can add speed like that, you do it.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Add me to the group that doesn't want to move Saad for Kessel.

I don't agree with not bringing in someone like Dzingel, though (obviously depending on money he commands). Any time you can add speed like that, you do it.

So are we valuing a two-way forward that provides second line level offensive production higher than a guy who is an offense-only forward with first line level production?

Not being critical of your statement, this is a philosophical question to the group.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
So are we valuing a two-way forward that provides second line level offensive production higher than a guy who is an offense-only forward with first line level production?

Not being critical of your statement, this is a philosophical question to the group.

I don’t value him more. I think he is more valuable to the team right now with its current construction than Kessel would be, yes. Kessel is a better player (offensively), but a worse fit on this specific team in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad