GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I wouldn't like them then..........we need to clear roster space. Something has to give. I don't want that to be Goldobin or Leipsic.......Granlund and Gaunce sure. I don't want any of our new guys either to take a spot from Gaudette or EP.

Yes I think at this point he needs to trade Sutter. I would love that - not only as it will help our team as we have 2 guys filling the same role but it will also ease some of the whining around here hopefully........

I'm not at all above criticizing management. I guess most people don't notice that as anyone that doesn't fully agree with their narrative must be a blind Benning Boi........not the case here sorry.

They have to do something - the logical move would be Sutter..........

So what’s the timeline on moving Sutter then? Surely it can’t be all that hard if we’ve (apparently) been getting calls on him from a number of teams.

If we don’t move him over the summer doesn’t it stand to reason we don’t intend to move him?

Or are we going to move him in 2021 and you’ll claim you called it all along?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Thanks now I’m absolutely pumped to have him on the team. I think a few years down the line when he retires guys like Pettersson and Hughes will be talking about how important he was to their development much in the same way Kesler and the Sedins talked about Sundin’s work ethic and professionalism and the impact it had on their careers.

Impact of playing with:

Mats Sundin = Jay Beagle

That’s funny.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That the preponderance of posters on this board are individuals who aren't happy unless they are unhappy with management and assuming the worst.......often in an overly dramatic way? Got it - fully aware of those facts yes thanks..........

Lol okay. You will support Benning no matter what he does so I'm not surprised you're okay with what he's done today. He could literally sign a 4th liner like Jay Beagle to a 4 year deal worth $3M per year and you'd support him...oh wait, he did that, and you do support that. :laugh:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Thanks now I’m absolutely pumped to have him on the team. I think a few years down the line when he retires guys like Pettersson and Hughes will be talking about how important he was to their development much in the same way Kesler and the Sedins talked about Sundin’s work ethic and professionalism and the impact it had on their careers.

Yep. Beagle is a real professional. Really nice human being, as well.

Also, if you can find out the power skating coach he used about 5 years ago, hire that person. ;)

Reactions: Paulinvancouver

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i bet you bullies are all starting to feel really bad about making all those benning can't count jokes now that there's no other possible explanation

Reactions: timw33

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Serious question: Is Beagle's contract actually buyout proof?

Pretty much. You could buy it out after the 19-20 season and get the cap hit down to 1.5M but there would still be a 2.5M cap hit in year 4 and then two more years at 500k after that.

Absolutely gross. There was no reason for Jay Beagle to get any of his contract through signing bonuses. Jesus Christ, Jim.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
T

The comments on here are hilarious. The teams future is ruined by the tragic Beagle signing lol. Happy Canada Day everyone. Enjoy a pint in the sun and remember it’s just a game!

Hahahha........I know right? Like Jimbo dun completely effed shit up now...........this is a dark dark day in team history..........I wonder if these people are this dramatic in real life?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I listed a bunch of old players. You can throw in Horvat, Baertschi, and Hutton as other veterans. Oh, and I forgot about MDZ and Biega.

How many rookies are going to be on the team this year? Boeser as a 2nd year player. Probably Pettersson as a rookie. then who else?

You listed 6 players, 3 of which aren’t all that vocal or active leaders. MDZ, okay maybe. Biega is a career AHLer / 7th defender.

That’s still not enough. Do you remember how clueless you were about life in your late teens and early 20s? How can you have a team full of guys like that outnumbering true veterans 3-to-1 and expect maintain a professional workmanlike winning culture?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I wouldn't like them then..........we need to clear roster space. Something has to give. I don't want that to be Goldobin or Leipsic.......Granlund and Gaunce sure. I don't want any of our new guys either to take a spot from Gaudette or EP.

Yes I think at this point he needs to trade Sutter. I would love that - not only as it will help our team as we have 2 guys filling the same role but it will also ease some of the whining around here hopefully........

I'm not at all above criticizing management. I guess most people don't notice that as anyone that doesn't fully agree with their narrative must be a blind Benning Boi........not the case here sorry.

They have to do something - the logical move would be Sutter..........
So you'll 100% critique management if they don't dump at least Granlund and Sutter?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You listed 6 players, 3 of which aren’t all that vocal or active leaders. MDZ, okay maybe. Biega is a career AHLer / 7th defender.

That’s still not enough. Do you remember how clueless you were about life in your late teens and early 20s? How can you have a team full of guys like that outnumbering true veterans 3-to-1 and expect maintain a professional workmanlike winning culture?

I don’t think players who play at the highest levels of hockey outside the NHL like Pettersson should be viewed as your average teenager at the mall.

Reactions: Jack Burton

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
That's the key. These are his guys. He bought them in. Is he willing to move on from them should the kids show that they are ready for the NHL?

Teams have called on Sutter, now with replacements for him, does Benning pull the trigger? Only LA is capped out after the Kovy signing. He'll have to retain to drop Sutter's cap hit down to $3 million which they can do.

Same with Gagner, if he doesn't deliver, is he willing to move on and deal with the heat from Aquaman?

I sure AF hope he does.......I'm dubious but I have it from credible sources they are trying to trade him........I won't hold my breath but won't be as surprised if this happens.......

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
That the preponderance of posters on this board are individuals who aren't happy unless they are unhappy with management and assuming the worst.......often in an overly dramatic way? Got it - fully aware of those facts yes thanks..........
You’re right....we should ignore the total lack of success on the ice and accept the Leader’s moves as part of a plan we just can’t understand.
That better?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hahahha........I know right? Like Jimbo dun completely effed **** up now...........this is a dark dark day in team history..........I wonder if these people are this dramatic in real life?

Do you think hockey fandom resembles many things in real life?

Like, when you see fans dressed up in face paint and with foam pucks on their head do you ask yourself “I wonder if these people dress up like this to go to work?”

Because it’s getting hard to tell if you actually believe any of the stupid crap you write on these boards.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
So you'll 100% critique management if they don't dump at least Granlund and Sutter?[/QUOTE

I'm willing to extend some leeway re timeframe but management has to move some roster players........simple math would dictate this.........I'm plenty critical of management where and when it's due. I don't think you can jump to conclusions based on today's moves........there's a lot yet to be decided. (correction - you can obviously jump to conclusions - as witnessed by this board - however that doesn't mean that it's wise to do so).

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I sure AF hope he does.......I'm dubious but I have it from credible sources they are trying to trade him........I won't hold my breath but won't be as surprised if this happens.......

So you have credible sources but won’t hold your breath?

Sounds about right for you.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad