GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
There’s no room for almost any young players, even the 21/22 year olds who shouldn’t be considered as letimimate prospects if they’re not ready to step into the NHL
Until train camp starts and 6 guys get Injured.... Pretty much the norm....

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
ok, here is my best take at the logic here

they lost two major roster players at the end of the year
they did not replace vanek
they also let dowd and archibald go
motte and gaunce are on the bubble
with all those players on the roster they still had room for kids

ergo they have room for 3 roster players and they can still play the kids

that is my best shot at the logic.

i don't subscribe to that logic. the only way this makes sense is if they intend to trade at least one senior roster guy.

Reactions: CanaFan

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
To think the Leafs were in pretty much the same spot as us in 2014.

Where are all those people from 14-16 who told me blowing it up was dumb and that what the Leafs were doing would make them end up like Edmonton?

Look what happens when you actually commit to a full on rebuild and don't try any shortcuts. No surpise the the two teams who've committed to it the most in both the NBA (76ers) and NHL (Leafs) have arguably the best future in both their respective leagues.
No we were not in the same spot or even close. However things could not have gone better for Toronto or been handled better by them since. Vancouver has had some good things many bad during the time since 2014 but no Matthews which in the end helped get Tavares for Toronto. They are in great shape going forward the Canucks are at least one franchise player away from being a good team.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
What a day for St Louis. Bozak for 3x$5 and Perron 4x$4.

Boston locks up Moore for 5 x <$3

Outside of our Pejorative Slured front office it’s actually been a pretty sane day.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
At least Dowd, Megna, and Chaput are all gone. First 2 to Washington the latter to Montreal. (yes I know we had traded Cahput but we could have signed him again)

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
No we were not in the same spot or even close. However things could not have gone better for Toronto or been handled better by them since. Vancouver has had some good things many bad during the time since 2014 but no Matthews which in the end helped get Tavares for Toronto. They are in great shape going forward the Canucks are at least one franchise player away from being a good team.

Wrong. But ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad