GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I had really low expectations going into today (i.e. just don't sign anyone), and somehow this regime has gone even lower than that. 6mil of cap space a year for a couple of fourth liners for four years? How in the hell does that even happen?

Reactions: Caspian

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
as for the term we gave out, what happened to overpaying to shorten term? these guys are so overpaid on long term contracts they are untradeable for at least two years. if we are going to overpay anyway then i'd rather see roussel and beagle on 2 year 5 million contracts. the odds one of them is tradeable at any point in their contract or worth their contract in 4 years seem low to me.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
What a terrible day. Worst I can remember.

This league is about to unite against a common enemy, though. You thought the hate we got in 2011 was bad...the Leafs literally just became Thanos.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
You've enjoyed the last 3 years?

Yes and no. There's been some ugly hockey, no doubt. Didn't enjoy what Willie D brought.

But I have enjoyed watching Bo establish himself as a rising star. I enjoyed watching Boeser take a run at the Calder, and EP re-write record books. I've enjoyed watching JV mature into a solid professional, and look forward to watching his career unfold. Same with guys like Markstrom, Hutton and Stecher.

Now I will enjoy watching as the new core emerges and either brings us back to Cup competitors or busts out.

So, back at you, have you not enjoyed the past 3 years? If no, then why are you here? The world is full of crazy and wonderful ways to pass time. If you aren't enjoying something as frivolous as professional sports why invest time and energy into it?

Nothing wrong with questioning moves and disagreeing with the direction management is taking. But being willing to see how things shake out doesn't make me a fan boi or a blind sheep or an astroturfer or any of the other ridiculous labels that get thrown around at anyone not constantly slinging dung at the organization.

Hockey isn't important. If it's making you miserable, go do something else. If you can't find enjoyment in this game, that's your issue not mine.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
They’ll trade Sutter 100%.

Unless it’s for a 2C I don’t think so. Beagle is a 4C, Roussel and Schaller play wing.

Only deal I could see maybe with Tavares signing in TO would be Tanev + Sutter for Kadri and a 2019 pick. Kadri is an actual 2C and eases a C logjam in TO. But realistically I don’t expect Sutter to go anywhere. Tbh he’s probably the front runner to wear the C this year.

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
The chances of us trading Sutter are about equal to the chances of us trading for McDavid.

I'm amazed that anyone could follow this team for the last 3 years and think there's a snowball's chance in hell Sutter is traded.

Yup.

Every move from this team has been predicated on the dumbest guys in the room acting like (or believing) they are the smartest guys in the room. Trade for the failed prospects other teams have tired of because we know better. Not fixing past mistakes because doing so good involves acknowledging mistakes to begin with.

Gillis presented as arrogant to the media and the fans. Benning comes across like a man of the people but his actions (and apparent lack of reflection on them) are arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad