GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Yes and no. There's been some ugly hockey, no doubt. Didn't enjoy what Willie D brought.

But I have enjoyed watching Bo establish himself as a rising star. I enjoyed watching Boeser take a run at the Calder, and EP re-write record books. I've enjoyed watching JV mature into a solid professional, and look forward to watching his career unfold. Same with guys like Markstrom, Hutton and Stecher.

Now I will enjoy watching as the new core emerges and either brings us back to Cup competitors or busts out.

So, back at you, have you not enjoyed the past 3 years? If no, then why are you here? The world is full of crazy and wonderful ways to pass time. If you aren't enjoying something as frivolous as professional sports why invest time and energy into it?

Nothing wrong with questioning moves and disagreeing with the direction management is taking. But being willing to see how things shake out doesn't make me a fan boi or a blind sheep or an astroturfer or any of the other ridiculous labels that get thrown around at anyone not constantly slinging dung at the organization.

Hockey isn't important. If it's making you miserable, go do something else. If you can't find enjoyment in this game, that's your issue not mine.
I’m sorry but if you’ve got enjoyment out of the last few years you’re alone on an island.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Neal would be a good add but **** me...this team will never get better than 10th will all these asinine signings

neal for more than a one year term would be very tough to take. if they pay him $8 million for a year i am cool with that in isolation, but unhappy with the roster logjam.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
That salary structure on Tavares’ contract is going to singlehandedly cause a lockout in a few years lol

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
4 years for Beagle and Roussel really sucks but how many more years are we going to have of Benning? That’s what really scares me. Think of how much more of this will happen in the coming years.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
This day started off great when Verstappen won but since then has just gone downhill in a hurry. Tavares signing in Toronto makes them one of the cup favorites. On top of that, Benning has made another mess of free agency. These signings are atrocious. I have never been a big fan of Benning but was never one of the haters, but today id give him an F grade.

I understand wanting to add veterans and protect some of the youth, but 4 years for 4th liners. Each over 3 MILLION. Even the biggest Benning fanboys can't defend this. Just pathetic

Reactions: WTG

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
this would be logical.

tanev and sutter for nylander and a plug right d incoming. i called it first.

but yeah, i think there's a greater chance sutter gets the c than he gets traded.
I mean Kyprios just reported that since TML got Tavares, to him it makes sense that Nylander can be moved in a deal for Tanev as both teams have interest in those players.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Yes and no. There's been some ugly hockey, no doubt. Didn't enjoy what Willie D brought.

But I have enjoyed watching Bo establish himself as a rising star. I enjoyed watching Boeser take a run at the Calder, and EP re-write record books. I've enjoyed watching JV mature into a solid professional, and look forward to watching his career unfold. Same with guys like Markstrom, Hutton and Stecher.

Now I will enjoy watching as the new core emerges and either brings us back to Cup competitors or busts out.

So, back at you, have you not enjoyed the past 3 years? If no, then why are you here? The world is full of crazy and wonderful ways to pass time. If you aren't enjoying something as frivolous as professional sports why invest time and energy into it?

Nothing wrong with questioning moves and disagreeing with the direction management is taking. But being willing to see how things shake out doesn't make me a fan boi or a blind sheep or an astroturfer or any of the other ridiculous labels that get thrown around at anyone not constantly slinging dung at the organization.

Hockey isn't important. If it's making you miserable, go do something else. If you can't find enjoyment in this game, that's your issue not mine.

No, I haven't enjoyed Canucks hockey over the last 3 years...having a crappy team usually makes for unhappy fans, no? I stay connected to this team because I've been a fan since the early 80's, and I will remain until I decide I'm not. Just because I'm not happy with my team doesn't mean I'm not also just a fan of the sport in general and can't find enjoyment in other areas.

You are welcome to be a fan however you like, bang the drum all you like...but if you are going to rag on other people for being negative about the team, when its pretty obvious that there are a LOT of negatives to point out, you should expect to be met with vitriol.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
FOUR years for Beagle?

200.gif

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
This makes no sense. Let's say you're trying to clean a physical mess. A hoarder's house. It's going to take weeks to clean. Do you keep on piling in more trash in those weeks because it's not going to be clean for weeks? Or does that simply prolong the job?

We have an empty house, and so maybe it does make sense to buy some furniture to tie you over until the good stuff arrives.

TBH though these signings are a disappointment, but not a surprise.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
4 years for Beagle and Roussel really sucks but how many more years are we going to have of Benning? That’s what really scares me. Think of how much more of this will happen in the coming years.
I think we're seeing Benning's swan song right now. Reaction to these moves is almost universally negative and there's no way we're a better team this year. I have a feeling his head rolls this season.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I mean Kyprios just reported that since TML got Tavares, to him it makes sense that Nylander can be moved in a deal for Tanev as both teams have interest in those players.

yeah i understand the leafs might move nylander now to shore up other spots. the issue is a lot of teams would get in on that action. it's like assuming we win the lottery and get jack hughes because we finish last. it's a plan but the percentages are awful.

Reactions: racerjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad