GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Wow, they really did sign all three of Roussel, Beagle and Schaller. What a f***ing clown show, and this is coming from someone who has remained pretty chill and level headed the last few years (tuning out the team for the most part kind of helps, I guess).

I can live with it, though, if their plan is to somehow ship some of the other garbage and spare parts out. I mean, unload Sutter, Gagner and Granlund and have the new three anchor the bottom 6? Sure!

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
So the Leafs are a league powerhouse and the Canucks are accumulating expensive fourth-liners while bumbling around at the bottom of the standings while continuing to evade a completely inevitable rebuild.

Like, it's somehow worse than last year, even.

In the '80s, at least they were both terrible.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Hahaha grow up.

I'm not defending anything. I just have the maturity to understand that just because something isn't exactly what I would do doesn't automatically make it wrong. I'm willing to let things play out, understanding that sometimes the moves you love the most flop, and vice versa.

Unlike you and your childish hyperbole you constantly spew. Every transaction, no matter how minor, is the worst in the league or a franchise crippling albatross
Heck you even said one of these sub 4% cap hit contracts is potentially one of the worst in the league. Ridiculously laughable.

But whatevs. Enjoy your misery while I enjoy the ride.

LOL pretty much this... reading this forum is hilarious how much some of you people really get involved with this, and is basically the reason I haven't posted on here in like 4 years

Reactions: alternate

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
On days like today there is always a bunch of posts like this but, alas, none of the people posting them ever lives up to their word. Beagle is certainly a year too long and perhaps a half mil too much but he is a winner and a solid dude to have mentoring the young kids and Roussell is a new Burrows which should please all the folks who thought re-acquiring St. Alex would be a good idea. To say that Beagle will be untradeable at the deadline is laughable; there will be 16 teams that would just love a guy like him on their team entering the playoffs and ditto for Roussell. Hard to play against they will help ease the kids into the rigors of the NHL.

How exactly is a 12-minute a night 4th line gonna make life any easier for Pettersson on the 2nd line? Do we have anyone who can make a pass to him? Who can set him up for a one-timer?

Or do you mean his life will be easier because Roussel will face wash a couple guys on the other teams 4th line?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
HOW THE **** DOES PAUL STATSYNY ONLY GET 3 YEARS BUT WE HAVE TO GIVE OUT 4 YEARS TO BEAGLE AND ROUSSEL

this is fair comment. you look at the term being handed out by the market today and we are a year too high on these guys. it looks like we used term to close the deals.

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
“I came here to lose and make money for my family.”

“My role is to cheer from the bench in key situations.”

“I’ve peaked as a player, but if Utica needs a top forward I can play further down the depth chart.”

“I had a lot of great players on my last team. Most of them liked me and I bet my new teammates will also. I hope they can win hockey games too.”

This has been ‘things no player has ever said’.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I didn't think it was possible but Jim Benning actually managed to outshine himself today. Worst GM in pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad