GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yup.

Every move from this team has been predicated on the dumbest guys in the room acting like (or believing) they are the smartest guys in the room. Trade for the failed prospects other teams have tired of because we know better. Not fixing past mistakes because doing so good involves acknowledging mistakes to begin with.

Gillis presented as arrogant to the media and the fans. Benning comes across like a man of the people but his actions (and apparent lack of reflection on them) are arrogant.

Yup.

Gillis didn't suffer fools, especially the idiots in our local media. And this gave off a feel of arrogance. But how he conducted his business was anything but. He liked multiple strong voices and dissenting opinions. He didn't tear down what was in place when he arrived thinking he knew better about everything. He admitted mistakes.

Benning has an almost comical combination of arrogance and stupidity that is difficult to even fathom.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Yes and no. There's been some ugly hockey, no doubt. Didn't enjoy what Willie D brought.

But I have enjoyed watching Bo establish himself as a rising star. I enjoyed watching Boeser take a run at the Calder, and EP re-write record books. I've enjoyed watching JV mature into a solid professional, and look forward to watching his career unfold. Same with guys like Markstrom, Hutton and Stecher.

Now I will enjoy watching as the new core emerges and either brings us back to Cup competitors or busts out.

So, back at you, have you not enjoyed the past 3 years? If no, then why are you here? The world is full of crazy and wonderful ways to pass time. If you aren't enjoying something as frivolous as professional sports why invest time and energy into it?

Nothing wrong with questioning moves and disagreeing with the direction management is taking. But being willing to see how things shake out doesn't make me a fan boi or a blind sheep or an astroturfer or any of the other ridiculous labels that get thrown around at anyone not constantly slinging dung at the organization.

Hockey isn't important. If it's making you miserable, go do something else. If you can't find enjoyment in this game, that's your issue not mine.

You do realize Green will play his plug veterans no matter how poorly they play like Gagner and Eriksson already and that Virtanen will not get the ice time he needs to take the next step right?

Reactions: Jack Burton

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
It’s a shame that in a copycat league, the Canucks haven’t decided to copy the Winnipeg model: turn off the phone and enjoy Canada Day on July 1st. (He says, writing on a message board.)

Winnipeg and Toronto have provided perfect blueprints how to rebuild but Aquilinis, Linden, Benning are all too incompetent

Reactions: THE Green Man

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I think taking a step back from this team for a few years might actually be th best choice

On days like today there is always a bunch of posts like this but, alas, none of the people posting them ever lives up to their word. Beagle is certainly a year too long and perhaps a half mil too much but he is a winner and a solid dude to have mentoring the young kids and Roussell is a new Burrows which should please all the folks who thought re-acquiring St. Alex would be a good idea. To say that Beagle will be untradeable at the deadline is laughable; there will be 16 teams that would just love a guy like him on their team entering the playoffs and ditto for Roussell. Hard to play against they will help ease the kids into the rigors of the NHL.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
4 year! Unbelievable. Didn't they learn anything from Eriksson, Sutter, Dorsett, et al?

The $$ are irrelevant, as we currently have enough cap space, but the terms. :eek:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I mean Kyprios just reported that since TML got Tavares, to him it makes sense that Nylander can be moved in a deal for Tanev as both teams have interest in those players.

I’d be surprised. Nylander doesn’t seem like the kind of guy Benning would value. Plays RW (same as Pettersson), too soft, not enough grit and NA character. On the other hand, TO just lost JVR so they aren’t so flush on the wings as they were. They can’t afford to lose Nylander without bringing another RW back. And I’m not sure Tanev is worth anything close to Nylander.

Pieces don’t seem to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad