GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen
Gagner-Beagle-Roussel
Motte-Schaller-Granlund

so much room for the kids

Edit- forgot about Granlund

Last edited:
Reactions: theoriginalBCF

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hahaha grow up.

I'm not defending anything. I just have the maturity to understand that just because something isn't exactly what I would do doesn't automatically make it wrong. I'm willing to let things play out, understanding that sometimes the moves you love the most flop, and vice versa.

Unlike you and your childish hyperbole you constantly spew. Every transaction, no matter how minor, is the worst in the league or a franchise crippling albatross
Heck you even said one of these sub 4% cap hit contracts is potentially one of the worst in the league. Ridiculously laughable.

But whatevs. Enjoy your misery while I enjoy the ride.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Hahaha grow up.

I'm not defending anything. I just have the maturity to understand that just because something isn't exactly what I would do doesn't automatically make it wrong. I'm willing to let things play out, understanding that sometimes the moves you love the most flop, and vice versa.

Unlike you and your childish hyperbole you constantly spew. Every transaction, no matter how minor, is the worst in the league or a franchise crippling albatross
Heck you even said one of these sub 4% cap hit contracts is potentially one of the worst in the league. Ridiculously laughable.

You've enjoyed the last 3 years?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Such a bad day. Benning throwing out dumb contracts just because and now JT will make Toronto fans around here even more unbearable. I hope they make a move for a RHD soon or Tanev is moved just so I can avoid all of the Tanev to Leafs threads now.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Jesus Christ. This was somehow even worst than I expected from these guys (you'd think they'd learn at least a LITTLE bit). What a disaster.
Not enamored with either of these, especially Beagle given his age, but it's far from a tragedy most are making out. Fact is we were soft as **** and you have to overpay the FAs that have multiple suitors.

I count 14 forwards including, EP, Gaunce, Leipsic, Jake, Sven, and Gaudette. So ONLY one guy isn't going to make it. I'm sorry but if you can't beat out the likes of (past their prime) Roussel and Beagle...

There is always the possibility of waiving someone/burying in minors, even vets (Gagner?), and there are injuries.

Doubt Sutter is going anywhere. He'll be top 5 in minutes for forwards, maybe top 3. The new guys will be 3rd liners on a good day, hopefully taking only the tougher minutes from the young guys. Their dzs% supports this.

A lot of crying here over Aqua's money. The contracts are minor in the grand scheme of things and presumably can be bought out in the later years. Won't prevent any post ELC resignings.
You can't seriously still believe that outplaying them will be sufficient to beating them out for a roster spot.

Reactions: FroshaugFan2

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Look at our roster. We were walkways going to be punting those 4 years. We were never going to be a playoff team in the next 4 years so who cares what we do or who sign as place holders.

This makes no sense. Let's say you're trying to clean a physical mess. A hoarder's house. It's going to take weeks to clean. Do you keep on piling in more trash in those weeks because it's not going to be clean for weeks? Or does that simply prolong the job?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This organization continues to show an impressive ability to both spend a ton of money and ice a terrible hockey team. We're going to be absolutely brutal next year, and these signings won't help at all. Better ineffectively spend that cash on dumb UFA deals, though. Because ... reasons.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Benning seems determined to get Jack Hughes next season because this team is going to be terrible, maybe even worse than usual. Where are the goals coming from?

We're taking a step back in the regular season so we can be tougher to play against in the playoffs. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jack Burton

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I might actually quit hockey for a while guys. With the unthinkable happening in Toronto combined with overpaying a couple bottom sixers, there really isn't a lot to be excited for anymore. This is making me more upset than it really should.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
To think the Leafs were in pretty much the same spot as us in 2014.

Where are all those people from 14-16 who told me blowing it up was dumb and that what the Leafs were doing would make them end up like Edmonton?

Look what happens when you actually commit to a full on rebuild and don't try any shortcuts. No surpise the the two teams who've committed to it the most in both the NBA (76ers) and NHL (Leafs) have arguably the best future in both their respective leagues.

Reactions: Hansen and MS

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Hahaha grow up.

Seriously? How can you post this tripe. I am mostly a wait and see guy, but the team is worse today than yesterday. As many have pointed out, we have tied up money on long term disasters 3 years in a row. 4 year terms? happy to see Aquaweenie loose the money, but this is just sad. We have something like 15 NHL/AHL tweeners (or overpaid 4th liners) ... and Horvat and Boeser. I am glad at this moment that I gave up 2 of my 4 seats that my family has had since 1970. Lots of people I talk to who have bought some of my seats in the past have all said that they have had multiple people asking if they are interested in some seats this year. (And these are all people who can afford houses in west van - the money really doesn't matter to them). No one was interested.

And these moves are just going to cost the canucks attendance. Personally, I might go to games if Dahlen, Gaudette, Pettersson, Quinn and Juolevi are playing. But to watch these trailer trash waiver fodder players?

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
aka

"im happy the canucks signed some aging garbage so all the good young players the canucks have will be sent to Utica even when they are clearly worthy of being in vancouver"
What few are ready will be in Vancouver. Green will not rush players into the lineup and ruin them like happened to McCann and Hutton.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What few are ready will be in Vancouver. Green will not rush players into the lineup and ruin them like happened to McCann and Hutton.

There’s no room for almost any young players, even the 21/22 year olds who shouldn’t be considered as letimimate prospects if they’re not ready to step into the NHL

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hahaha grow up.

So the answer to my question is 'yes', then. These guys can do literally anything, no matter how incompetent, and you'll 'wait and see' and 'enjoy the ride'. How's that ride going for you, by the way?

And just as an exercise in reading comprehension, I said the Beagle contract was one of the worst contracts in terms of sheer stupidity from the instant it was signed, not that the overall effect would be worse than a Clarkson/Eriksson blunder.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Seriously? How can you post this tripe. I am mostly a wait and see guy, but the team is worse today than yesterday. As many have pointed out, we have tied up money on long term disasters 3 years in a row. 4 year terms? happy to see Aquaweenie loose the money, but this is just sad. We have something like 15 NHL/AHL tweeners (or overpaid 4th liners)
I'm taking more of a different attitude....

Let's face it, Benning & Co. are going to be around for at least a few more seasons. We already know "learning on the job" is going to hand out questionable deals. As long as there aren't any more "Eriksson type deals", that's the most we can hope for from these individuals. It'll be up to the next management crew to clean-up the mess (and hope the players drafted by these guys are either still around and/or develop).

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
You've enjoyed the last 3 years?

xqgpol.jpg

Reactions: timw33 and MS

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen
Gagner-Beagle-Roussel
Motte-Schaller-Granlund

i cannot understand this. we're also about to sign baertschi and virtanen to term.

the only touchable guys on the roster who could be moved for value are baertschi and sutter. maybe we could dump gagner and motte but both might clear waivers.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hahaha grow up.

What's funny is in a couple years you'll pull out the "hindsight" card, and also the "well he didn't sign 4th liners for 4 years again so he's learning" card.

Reactions: B-rock and MS

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Roussel-Beagle-Gagner
Gaunce-Schaller-Virtanen

if that's not a 31st place team I don't know what is

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen
Gagner-Beagle-Roussel
Motte-Schaller-Granlund

This upset me more than I realized cause you’re right! They want to win a Calder cup but not a astanley cup. They’re content with putting this horse shit out on the ice. f*** I am so mad right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad