GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
I hope Freidman is just trolling with that report, he knows this fanbase is a jittery mess.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Love these deals!!! Little long for Beagle but that’s the price of admission for ufa’s!!!

Roussel is 28 and in his prime!! Always sucks playing against him so happy to have him on our team!! He’s a **** disturber except he actually fights!!

6 fights last year!!

Let’s talk this out for all of the people crying and complaining:

You’re wrong if you think these guys just took Goldobins spot.

Gaunce is not safe but who cares??

Assuming Archibald ain’t coming back, big deal.

Canucks were way too easy to play against last year!! Boeser gets killed and no one did squat.

That is not the kind of team I want to cheer for. I remember Roussel from many moons ago when he was trying to break in with the Canucks. I think fans will love him, he finishes checks, plays hard.

Beagle is determined, hard working, great at face offs. Fans will love him.

All in all, maybe the 4th years are too much but I’m okay with the Canucks paying for these two.
Have fun watching Roussel turtle every time Kassian comes to town.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
not to mention, all we are drafting are essentially high skill "its top six or nothing" kids these days. everything about these two guys seem to be good influences to see if we can get these high skilled kids to be top six skill, bottom six worth ethic.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Really excited to have Jay Beagle on this team! Wish they had picked EITHER him or Roussel and not BOTH of them, though. Little confused how that's going to work... Seems like a jog jam of forwards to me, no? Well, on second thought as we all know injuries are a thing that happens, so I'm sure the kids will get plenty of ice time regardless. Having to play your way onto the team is better than being gifted a spot, anyhow.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Canucks fans should be excited!!

The EP’s and Dahlens and Goldobins and boesers and Horvats and baesrtchis and Granlunds will fill the top 6.

We needed some legit players in the bottom 6!!!

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
What a ****show, this management is the prime example of why you don't go into the Free Agency pool if you can't control yourself as a GM. This is the 4th offseason where we've seen them sign bad to horrendous deals and it's embarassing they can't seem to learn from their mistakes.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Lol Roussel jumped him off the start and Kass rag dolled him.
Jumped him? But they both dropped their gloves?? How did he jump him? Rag dolled because his jersey came up? But he was still punching.

Must be the first fight you’ve seen?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'm not going to bitch too much about Roussel, I don't mind getting some grit...but we overpaid, in term and dollars, for a guy who is coming off a TERRIBLE season. You don't overpay for that...but Beagle I will bitch about, because that is truly a stupid signing, unless you are getting rid of Sutter, which I am all for...but as it stands, 4 years and $3m for a guy who brings nothing of significance to a lineup other than decent faceoff skills? Yeah, pure stupidity.

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
If anything this helps us tank next year and gagner MDZ gudbranson will hopefully be gone but Beagle is getting overpaid and overtermee, I dont mind the Roussell deal as much

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'm not going to ***** too much about Roussel, I don't mind getting some grit...but we overpaid, in term and dollars, for a guy who is coming off a TERRIBLE season. You don't overpay for that...but Beagle I will ***** about, because that is truly a stupid signing, unless you are getting rid of Sutter, which I am all for...but as it stands, 4 years and $3m for a guy who brings nothing of significance to a lineup other than decent faceoff skills? Yeah, pure stupidity.
even if they do move Sutter, which looks like an important move right now, it just means we got older and worse.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
These are great signings by Benning and will most certainly make us tougher to play against. Beagle will bring leadership to the room and will show the kids what it really takes to win a cup. Roussell will bring that much needed ahole factor.

If you look closely at the numbers, none of these contracts will prevent us from the most important thing: re-upping our future core RFA’s.

All in all, great signings by Benning!

Leipsic-Horvat-Eriksson
Pettersson-Gagner-Boeser
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Gaunce-Beagle-Gaudette (if Gaudette proves that he can hang, bump him to the 2nd line).

Edler-Gudbranson
Hughes-Tanev
Del Zotto-Biega

Markstrom
Demko

-Trade Baertschi for pick
-Trade Hutton for pick
-Trade Goldobin for pick
-Granlund = 13th forward

Lind, Dahlen, Motte, Juolevi, Pouliot, etc, all go to Utica.

That's a very strong bottom 6.

LOL

10 goal scorer Ericsson on the first line
10 goal scorer Gagner as 2nd line centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad