GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I’m all for Kamenev making the Avs but then again I’m all for Gabriel Bourque solidifying a 4th line spot.
I feel like I’m the only one around here who thinks Bourque is a fantastic checking line forward.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I’m all for Kamenev making the Avs but then again I’m all for Gabriel Bourque solidifying a 4th line spot.
I feel like I’m the only one around here who thinks Bourque is a fantastic checking line forward.
He was good in his role last year but I don't think he's fantastic just a good 4th liner and a good guy to have around the team.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

I like how he plays without the puck, but ideally on my 4th line I want guys who have at least some offensive skill in addition to being great without the puck.

Reactions: McMetal

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Which outsiders have the best shot at making the team? I counted 22/23 pretty solid picks. Not a lot of room for newcomers.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Calvert to wear #11, Cole #28, and Grubauer #31. G apparently sticking with #49, and Kerfoot with #13. There was speculation that G might switch to #94, and Kerfoot to #14.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
MacKinnon interview: "(long term) Goal is that we don't have to play our best to win, we can just win based on the team we have."

Not sure I love that quote but I get where he's coming from.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
MacKinnon interview: "(long term) Goal is that we don't have to play our best to win, we can just win based on the team we have."

Not sure I love that quote but I get where he's coming from.

I know what he means but it’s not worded well at all.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So basically he wants to be on a team that's good on paper / that isn't overmatched by other teams in the league
Basically. I took it to mean that he wants the team to be so good that no matter how bad they might play on any particular night they still have a great shot to win. I know everyone wants/expects them to play at their best every night, but though 82 games with the long trips, injuries, 5 games in 7 nights, etc. it's impossible to get up for every match.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Which outsiders have the best shot at making the team? I counted 22/23 pretty solid picks. Not a lot of room for newcomers.
6th to 7th Defender
- Warsofsky
- Alt
- Nemeth
- Timmins (Injured)
- Lindholm
- Barberio

4th Line Centre
- Toninato
- Bass
- Kamenev

4th Line Winger
- Greer
- O'Connor
- Bass
- Bourque

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Could see Jost having a monster season. He got his taste in the NHL last year and knew what to expect this summer. Made the switch to a new trainer to help prepare for that and the dude looks like he's here to play.

That said, I still dont envision him as a Center in the NHL, especially not if he got stronger this summer at the cost of some mobility. Although I'd say there's a chance he's both faster and stronger this year given the groin injury in October of last year that likely hurt his mobility for most of last year. But still I think his game will be best suited on the wing and I could easily see him develop into a Parise like winger. Relentless on the forecheck, tenacious with the puck, and always in the dirty areas in front of the net to clean up the garbage.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him hit 20 Goals and 50 points this year, especially if he stays on that top PP unit.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Joseph Taylor, come on down!

PS I predict Jost will have his head shaved by the time he's 27

Bednar also said he likes Compher at center. This is just what he's saying before camp starts though so things can and probably will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad