GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia

Attachments

• woody and buzz 10092018005352.jpg
    woody and buzz 10092018005352.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 14

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So they call him Grubi and not Grubs.

I really, really like that mask. Quite possibly my favorite AVS goalie mask ever.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Daveart is the king of poorly mask designs, not really talking about his artistic side which is quite good (minus the lens flares), but his architectural side of how a goaler mask should be positioned in terms of the art he puts on there. Like what the **** is that grey bar around the cage? Is it a Thor type of headpiece? What type of element does it bring to a goaler mask except making it look beyond awkward to look at (and this is one of his better masks that I've seen for this year). He also has this amazing urge to put a million logos all around the mask, I am not talking about the little cool logos, but just a **** ton of logos from ten-thousand different eras.

40696887_256972841619085_6062277540602942361_n-jpg.138553

Like this one, he has the "Buffalo" logo, the Sabres logo on top, yet Dave decides to add like a million other Sabre logos in the yellow-mustard bar, and even adds another tiny one under his nickname. And it's not even that, why add the title "Buffalo Sabres", but for some reason have it cut off by two random lines going across his mask. What went into his head thinking that this was somehow a good idea even though the blue hexagons are quite sick looking?

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Daveart is the king of poorly mask designs, not really talking about his artistic side which is quite good (minus the lens flares), but his architectural side of how a goaler mask should be positioned in terms of the art he puts on there. Like what the **** is that grey bar around the cage? Is it a Thor type of headpiece? What type of element does it bring to a goaler mask except making it look beyond awkward to look at (and this is one of his better masks that I've seen for this year). He also has this amazing urge to put a million logos all around the mask, I am not talking about the little cool logos, but just a **** ton of logos from ten-thousand different eras.

40696887_256972841619085_6062277540602942361_n-jpg.138553

Like this one, he has the "Buffalo" logo, the Sabres logo on top, yet Dave decides to add like a million other Sabre logos in the yellow-mustard bar, and even adds another tiny one under his nickname. And it's not even that, why add the title "Buffalo Sabres", but for some reason have it cut off by two random lines going across his mask. What went into his head thinking that this was somehow a good idea even though the blue hexagons are quite sick looking?
I feel like he’s afraid of negative space. Which is an awful trait in any type of design.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A reasonable concept for Grubauer's mask, let down by Dave's inevitable fondness for putting in too many catastrophically ugly things that go on every mask - the lightning, the sketch effect on the Avalanche logo, the hologram feet logos all over it...

Reactions: klozge

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think Jost is any bigger to me than he was last September. Remember he came in real thick. I bet he has much better mobility though.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Jost has always been stacked... even prior to being selected.
Yep. Which is why I think those “strength” issues I thought I saw early on had more to do with mobility and balance than actual physical strength.

Small things like ankle mobility make an insane difference to your all round movements.

I bet Jost is quicker and more mobile this year which will allow him to get into his strong side of battles.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yep. Which is why I think those “strength” issues I thought I saw early on had more to do with mobility and balance than actual physical strength.

Small things like ankle mobility make an insane difference to your all round movements.

I bet Jost is quicker and more mobile this year which will allow him to get into his strong side of battles.

I hope you're right... and honestly, I'd rather Jost lose 5-8 pounds than gain a single pound.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Not having a groin injury in camp and then a knee injury in mid-October should also help the mobility and strength issues quite a bit. We already saw it in the second half of the season when he was hard to push off the puck and was no longer losing every battle along the boards. Bednar even brought it up in a couple of his pressers.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t think Jost is any bigger to me than he was last September. Remember he came in real thick. I bet he has much better mobility though.
He was pretty thick last year but looks more muscle mass . I agree more core and better mobility hopefully

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is the everyone is in the best shape of their life time of year so take it FWIW but I was listening to some clips from Moser's show and apparently Kerfoot has put on some muscle. Kerfoot said this was the first summer where he has really been able to train properly because he had shoulder surgeries and other injuries in past years.

Moser also said one of the vets told him Jost has looked great on the ice.

According to Chambers, Girard confirmed he has gained 16 lbs and is up to 180 lbs now. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
According to Chambers, Girard confirmed he has gained 16 lbs and is up to 180 lbs now. That's his story and he's sticking to it.
Well, I guess we'll see how that goes. It would be nice if he was stronger I guess, but I believe players should play to their strengths, and Girard will probably always be a finesse player. I'd rather he be mobile than strong, let's hope he hasn't compromised that strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad