GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How many people have said they’re in that camp? It’s probably no one.

That would be incorrect. Plenty of people have advocated trading him within the next few years. Timmins concussion problems are even more proof that you can't assume you'll have someone to replace your #1D.

Timmins and Zadorov are the Avs best chances at replacing the role EJ fills. Even if he slips to a 2nd pairing defenseman playing the same stud shutdown two way role.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That would be incorrect. Plenty of people have advocated trading him within the next few years. Timmins concussion problems are even more proof that you can't assume you'll have someone to replace your #1D.

Timmins and Zadorov are the Avs best chances at replacing the role EJ fills. Even if he slips to a 2nd pairing defenseman playing the same stud shutdown two way role.

Who has said that they want to trade EJ? I genuinely can’t think of anyone who’s wanted to trade him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Who has said that they want to trade EJ? I genuinely can’t think of anyone who’s wanted to trade him.

No offense but you haven't been paying attention then. I have had multiple conversations here with people who think the Avs should trade, or expose EJ in the expansion draft.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No offense but you haven't been paying attention then. I have had multiple conversations here with people who think the Avs should trade, or expose EJ in the expansion draft.

People have brought up exposing EJ because he may not be a attractive option for Seattle and we could be able to sneak him by. Not exposing him to just get rid of him.

The only other EJ talk that’s been around recently was on his long term health and how he’ll regress. Nothing on trading him.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
People have brought up exposing EJ because he may not be a attractive option for Seattle and we could be able to sneak him by. Not exposing him to just get rid of him.

I don't want to quote them here and re-hash it, but there are people saying EJ will fall apart in the next five years, and it will need to be dealt with. He'll need to be traded to remove his $6M cap hit, or left available in expansion. There's even people that promoted trading EJ to Tampa for Drouin, and wanted to make him part of the firesale with Duchene and Landy. This hasn't been a highly debated topic for the last couple years because everyone agrees he should stay on the team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yet more proof that Chambers is a god awful journalist. Routinely reports things as fact, based entirely on his assumptions. He clearly never even asked.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Hopefully this does not affect Timmins long-term. In the short term, this may provide an opportunity for Meloche.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't want to quote them here and re-hash it, but there are people saying EJ will fall apart in the next five years, and it will need to be dealt with. He'll need to be traded to remove his $6M cap hit, or left available in expansion. There's even people that promoted trading EJ to Tampa for Drouin, and wanted to make him part of the firesale with Duchene and Landy. This hasn't been a highly debated topic for the last couple years because everyone agrees he should stay on the team.

Man what is it with you lately, quickly becoming quite insufferable to read this nonsense seemingly every night.

Nobody is saying or has said that EJ will definitively fall off in the next 5 years. Just that it's A) A very real possibility, and B) We need to have plans to address the issue in case it does happen.

Why are you so intent on picking fights and arguments with certain posters over every little nuance that gets talked about?

Reactions: McMetal

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
You guys need to stop fearing the worst about Timmins. Cause for concern? Sure. But there's been plenty of guys that have come back from concussions and been more than fine - i.e. Crosby, Bergeron, Skinner. The fact that he's been in the media at a golf tournament and has already been skating should be seen as positive signs. It will likely mean a late start to the season but there's no reason to believe it's anything other than that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man what is it with you lately, quickly becoming quite insufferable to read this nonsense seemingly every night.

Nobody is saying or has said that EJ will definitively fall off in the next 5 years. Just that it's A) A very real possibility, and B) We need to have plans to address the issue in case it does happen.

Why are you so intent on picking fights and arguments with certain posters over every little nuance that gets talked about?

I didn't pick a fight with anyone over this. All I said was who wants to trade EJ now? Timmins was one of the players cited as one that could replace EJ, in justification of trading or exposing him. Sorry that I'm inconveniently bringing to light how this line of reasoning looks even worse now.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The Shvyrev/Kamenev/Kaut line did look great but they should have with the competition there. The practices are pretty much meant for forwards to stand out. Games should tell a lot more.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wonder what the odds are of the Avs drafting a prospect out of Sault Ste. Marie any time soon? Risked ruining a young man's career so you could win a playoff game. :shakehead

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

Within the next few years?

But you’re asking us now, “who wants to trade EJ?”

Ask us “within the next few years.”

Reactions: Waingro

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I decided to call the Avs and they said there is no Burgundy and White game this year and it faces uncertainty since the rep told me that Avs are done with that type of selection when it comes to choosing players.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I decided to call the Avs and they said there is no Burgundy and White game this year and it faces uncertainty since the rep told me that Avs are done with that type of selection when it comes to choosing players.

Kind of a strange thing to say--did they really honestly use that to evaluate players? I always considered the intrasquad scrimmage something they did for the fans.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

French Nic still gets no love on here, I see :-/

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
You guys need to stop fearing the worst about Timmins. Cause for concern? Sure. But there's been plenty of guys that have come back from concussions and been more than fine - i.e. Crosby, Bergeron, Skinner. The fact that he's been in the media at a golf tournament and has already been skating should be seen as positive signs. It will likely mean a late start to the season but there's no reason to believe it's anything other than that.

The reason it’s so concerning is because right now is the most important time for a young prospect to develop. If he gets stalled out for too long there’s a good chance he never catches up to where he needs to be developmentally

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
French Nic still gets no love on here, I see :-/

I'm not sure Meloche has the offensive game at the NHL level to play EJ's role, but I'd love to be wrong. I'm not sure Zadorov does either, but that's kind of my original point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad