GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is Cody Bass a faceoff guy? Otherwise I don't see the point, Toninato is a better option at 4C right now (and I've made clear that I think he needs more seasoning, too).

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Lol Cody Bass. Of course.

I really like Bednar as a coach, but I’m so over recycling all of Bednar/MacFarland’s former favorites.

If we’re going to recycle another team’s rejects, let it be a more successful franchise than Columbus.

Maybe we will get to recycle Seth Jones and Artemi Panarin

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

"I just wanna play for the Avalanche and start the season there. I don't want to play in the AHL again so I'm going to do everything to stay there in Denver."

If he doesn't make the team, do you guys think he's more likely to join Yakupov or Grigorenko?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

"I just wanna play for the Avalanche and start the season there. I don't want to play in the AHL again so I'm going to do everything to stay there in Denver."

If he doesn't make the team, do you guys think he's more likely to join Yakupov or Grigorenko?

That’s what it sounds like, kinda tanks his value too as an NHL or bust asset

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Is it really bad that you have a guy that wants to play in the NHL?
Right? I'm already getting sick of everyone giving him no chance to make the team.

I honestly can't blame him for saying that. He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level. If he can't make the Avs I'd go back to Russia as well. At least there he can make some money instead of making peanuts in the AHL again.

Reactions: klozge and McMetal

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I just don’t see him not making the roster. They inserted him immediately into the lineup after the trade. If not for the injury I have a feeling he would have stuck with the roster through the playoffs. Maybe not start every game but with the team imo

Reactions: McMetal

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Right? I'm already getting sick of everyone giving him no chance to make the team.

I honestly can't blame him for saying that. He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level. If he can't make the Avs I'd go back to Russia as well. At least there he can make some money instead of making peanuts in the AHL again.

Really, all ive seen is people having him making the team, some even pencil him in top 9
I remain hyper critical because i think alot of the optimism towards Kam is because of the trade.
I think he'll get some pt here and there but by midseason he'll be a ghost

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.

Sometimes you go to the AHL not to prove something there but simply because you're not good enough for the NHL. Are we going to keep him with the AVS even if he's not good enough? Like what we did with Yak last year?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sometimes you go to the AHL not to prove something there but simply because you're not good enough for the NHL. Are we going to keep him with the AVS even if he's not good enough? Like what we did with Yak last year?

Only way to find out if he's good enough is if he gets a chance. Not talking about 7 mins/gm on the 4th line either. I bet that's all Kamenev is looking for as well after playing great in the AHL and hearing his own GM say he's an NHL player who fits exactly what they want to do.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
No we shouldn't just give him a spot. He needs to earn it. That being said if he can't earn it this year, it's probably in his best interest to go back to Russia because the NHL is probably or if reach for him at that point.

All he has to do to make the team is beat out guys like Bourque, Toninato, etc. If he can't do that he should just forget about the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad