GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Bednar mentioned Ghetto, Wilson, Kamenev, and Calvert as possibilities for the RW spot with Jost and Kerfoot. Later he brought up Compher as an option as well if he gets moved to wing.

He also said Jost looks quicker out there. Speaking of, good interview with Jost here where he talks about his offseason:

It’ll be Ghetto

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Bednar mentioned Ghetto, Wilson, Kamenev, and Calvert as possibilities for the RW spot with Jost and Kerfoot. Later he brought up Compher as an option as well if he gets moved to wing.

He also said Jost looks quicker out there. Speaking of, good interview with Jost here where he talks about his offseason:

I'm expecting Sven but would be pleasantly surprised if it was Kam

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Kam should and likely will start out in the bottom six. I'm high on him but he's a two-way player and he'll need some time to adjust to the NHL of we're going to get the most out of him later. I still like the idea of putting him as the 4C with some vets on his wings to ease him in.

Reactions: MarkT

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wow, MacKinnon looks really lean compared to the past couple of years.

Could be a good sign, I don't know for sure if it's related but he kind of regressed a bit after bulking up quite a lot between season #1 and season #2. Being leaner also helps his stamina.

He looks like a grown man in really good shape right now.

Reactions: MarkT and Foppberg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Andrighetto has the talent to play in the top-6 and actually contribute. Whether he puts it together consistently remains to be seen. He should get that first shot, though. He is, outside of the top line, our most skilled forward IMO.

Yeah he has the best offensive tools outside of that top line. I like the guy and it’d be great to see him succeed.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
On paper the 2nd line should be Kerfoot - Jost - Ghetto but I worry about them being too small. I don't care if they are small individually but the whole line is undersized here.

Reactions: klozge

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I thought Compher struggled like crazy last season outside of a few games. Like, he disappeared for months. He played his best hockey of the season when he got placed on that 4th line with Wilson and Bourque.

That's where he needs to be to start this season unless he proves otherwise.
I think his best hockey happened when he was on a line with Jost early in the season. I agree, though, he hasn't shown enough last year to expect to be put on a scoring line in October.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I love how Bednar always calls Zadorov 'Big Z'. :)

Generally speaking about the media day interviews they really hyped me up. There's a lot of maturity, confidence, hunger and especially desire to become better not only as a team but as individual players.

Reactions: MarkT

TatteredTornNFrayed

...ocelot spleens...
Jan 15, 2008
MacKinnon interview: "(long term) Goal is that we don't have to play our best to win, we can just win based on the team we have."

Not sure I love that quote but I get where he's coming from.

Basically. I took it to mean that he wants the team to be so good that no matter how bad they might play on any particular night they still have a great shot to win. I know everyone wants/expects them to play at their best every night, but though 82 games with the long trips, injuries, 5 games in 7 nights, etc. it's impossible to get up for every match.

I'm sure we'd all love that, but the Central Division is not going to be the best place where that is a realistic thing any time soon.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Z and Nemeth in no contact jerseys. Really hope it is super precautionary.

I'm actually not horribly worried. Worst case, we have to start the season with a D core of EJ, Barrie, Girard, Cole, Barberio, and Lindholm/Alt/Meloche/???. That's not too bad.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Can one of you guys who are friends with the BSN crew get somebody to ask Bednar if Timmins missed out on a summer of training?

Concussions can be very worrisome. If Timmins is simply just not cleared for contact but is still doing the regular workouts and ice sessions it’s not as bad as it may seem. However if Timmins has been sat in a dark room since May, that’s detrimental to his development at his age

My guess is the truth is probably somewhere in the middle but it would be nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad