GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Kerfoot gets stronger and able to win more puck battles, he can take another step. I don't have a problem with his work ethic, but he did bounce off guys a lot last year.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Question with Kerfoot isn't if he can produce points, it's if he can win battles out there. Wish we had a jumbo center to pair him with, he needs someone who is a puck posession monster to play with him.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
It's because... well you know already.

He heard you sucka!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Freudian

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Going to be some very pissed off people on this board if Kerfoot has a great season.
:laugh:

People will gladly eat crow (including myself).

My expectations are Kerfoot to put up 35 ish points and be a key part of a 2nd power play... if he can go from that to being a legit 2nd line player, that is nothing but great for the Avs.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Going to be some very pissed off people on this board if Kerfoot has a great season.

Why would any of us who have raised questions about Kerfoot be pissed if he proves us wrong? That's the type of stuff that we will gladly admit to being wrong about because it most likely means success for the Avs as a whole.

Reactions: MarkT and Brett44

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We're all fans of the team. Being wrong about pessimism isn't something that anybody will cry over. Hell, I was very, very against picking Makar, and I couldn't be happier with him developing into a dynamite player despite ending up with egg on my face, because it helps the team I love hopefully have a chance to win the cup. the

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hope so! Glad to see 'slim down' I'd much, much rather Jost get more mobile before bulking up.

Y'all should remember this is 'best shape of my life' season though. ;)
Best shape of “my” life season yes. Not best shape of “his” life season though.

Every player pumps their own tires walking into camp. You know it’s real when the coach does it though. If Bednar is seeing a noticible difference in Jost on day 1, it’s likely real.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Best shape of “my” life season yes. Not best shape of “his” life season though.

Every player pumps their own tires walking into camp. You know it’s real when the coach does it though. If Bednar is seeing a noticible difference in Jost on day 1, it’s likely real.

Very well could be... point remains this is camp and everybody is sky high. I really, really hope to be wrong here... but let's wait beyond a single practice to declare.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hope so! Glad to see 'slim down' I'd much, much rather Jost get more mobile before bulking up.

Y'all should remember this is 'best shape of my life' season though. ;)

This is true. MacKinnon getting Jost hooked up with Andy O'Brien is very good news though and it has me even more excited about Jost's sophomore season. That tells me he took things very seriously and it's good to hear that Bednar and some of the vets have already noticed a difference.

Reactions: New Scotlander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad