Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
b3eb5653bfc7bb0b4b111da0871e4346.gif

After Gabe, of course

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
More proof of Makar's maturity. He turned out of the celebration pile pretty quickly with a stone cold straight face, while others were understandably jumping up and down celebrating making the frozen four. Then skated around the ice, fist bumping smiling teammates the same way.

That's a winner right there. Knows they haven't won anything yet. Very mature for a 20 year old.

UMASS will play DU if they hold their lead against AIC right now. That would be interesting.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
UMASS will play DU if they hold their lead against AIC right now. That would be interesting.

Chambers is going to shit himself.

We honestly could win the first overall pick and Hughes/Kakko would still take a back seat to my excitement for Makar. He's going to be the MacKinnon of our defense.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Morris personally. Wasn't a fan of what I saw from Kielly in terms of pro potential. Kielly is raw in a concerning areas still (mechanics and technical wise) and I didn't like the type/situations in which rebounds were coming off of him.

Morris let in a couple iffy goals the last two games as well. Think it was more a reading the play issue than technique though. Seemed to be caught cheating on the pass.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Morris let in a couple iffy goals the last two games as well. Think it was more a reading the play issue than technique though. Seemed to be caught cheating on the pass.

Last two games are a good reminder that as good as Cale Morris is he's not going to suddenly be the Avs next starting goalie. He's going to need to make adjustments when he hits the pro's next season. Despite that though Morris has shown he has more tools that lead to pro success than someone like Kielly.

Reactions: Foppa2118 and cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This game is men vs boys
Jackson is a very good coach, but his favour for gritty two-wayers got destroyed by a team who could skate circles around them. Some bad goals given up by Morris, but UMass fully deserved that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Jackson is a very good coach, but his favour for gritty two-wayers got destroyed by a team who could skate circles around them. Some bad goals given up by Morris, but UMass fully deserved that game.

Absolutely. ND is a good team, but UMass was just on another level.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Randomly looking back, looks like our old friend Grigorenko has put quite a season in the KHL 66 pts in 66 games including playoffs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Having Grubs and Franc in the NHL and Morris as the Eagles' starter would be really nice. Unlikely, but nice.

I don't think it's that unlikely. With the way Grubauer has turned things around, I think that could be their new plan. Always seemed to me that Morris would be a candidate to replace Francouz in the AHL.

I don't think they would have gone with that NHL duo before a few weeks ago though. I think they might have let Frank walk in favor of a more proven option.

Reactions: Foppberg

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Randomly looking back, looks like our old friend Grigorenko has put quite a season in the KHL 66 pts in 66 games including playoffs.

Skill was never the issue for him, he was just unwilling to put that extra 5% effort in that would've made him a good NHLer. Guy was playing at about 80% effort while the rest of the guys were playing like it was their last game.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

This made me look at Yakupov's numbers in the KHL

47 GP 23G 10A
13 GP 2G 4A in the playoffs

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
Has anything been said about Makar playing hurt this weekend? I was at both games and for most of the third period against Harvard it looked like Makar was really taking it easy anytime that he could, and favoring one of his legs and he definitely was in pain towards the last 8 minutes or so, having the trainer over by him and sitting down behind the goalie. That assist he had he barely celebrated as he skated to the bench and spent some time with the trainer. Even against ND he didn't seem 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad