Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Cale starts his Frozen Four action a day after the Avs open their playoffs with the game against Denver University. If they make the National Finals they will face either the 2nd ranked Minn Duluth or the unranked Providence on Sunday.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Seriously though. Dude's about to win the hobey baker and there are no current highlight videos of him. How is he so not under the radar but also totally under the radar?

edit: I guess I mean that there are media dudes hyping him, but he seems totally unknown/not acknowledged by so many. Youtube has so little of him. I just want to get off on some Makar highlights.

Last edited:

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Now that we know where we're at in the draft, I've realized we probably have the most stacked prospect group we've had in a long long while. Also, staying away from goalies in this ranking but Francouz, if he sticks around, would belong on the list...maybe others but doubtful...

Tier 1 (Blue Chips)
Cale Makar
2019 #4 Pick

Tier 2 (Potential for Top 6 or Top 4)
Shane Bowers
Martin Kaut
Conor Timins (Hopefully!)
Avs 1st Round Pick

Tier 3 (Bottom 6 or Bottom Pairing)
AJ Greer
Cam Morrison
Nicolas Meloche
Ryan Graves
Vladislav Kamenev
Avs 2nd Round Pick

Tier 4 (There's a glimmer of hope or more that they make it to the NHL full-time)
Logan O'Connor
Dominic Toninato
Brandon Saigeon
Nick Henry
Sampo Ranta
Brandon Saigeon

Wildcards
Igor Shvyryov
Nikolai Kovalenko

I may have missed some guys toward the bottom but the top of this list feels like it's brimming with potential. Add to it the youth on our team - under 25ers like Mackinnon, Rantanen, Zadorov, Girard, Jost, Compher, and Kerfoot. Thoughts?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Meloche should certainly be in tier 2 and Kovalenko in tier 3. The rest I agree.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Or we could pair him with Zads & go full bash bros with that pairing...
True they could for a pairing like EJ and Zads did and just shut teams down. Only Meloche would add a great deal of nastiness. I kind of want someone with Physicality to help Girard though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
True they could for a pairing like EJ and Zads did and just shut teams down. Only Meloche would add a great deal of nastiness. I kind of want someone with Physicality to help Girard though.

Easy, pair Samwise with infamous thug Tyson Barrie.

Last edited:
Reactions: avsfan09

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
His top 4 potential is just as realistic as Kaut & Bowers' top 6 potential :dunno:
This post should make me like Meloche better. But all it does is upset me even more that instead of having Aho and Ty Smith we have Meloche, Greer and Kaut.

Reactions: Nihiliste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad