Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Good thing that instead of being proactive he left reinforcing us heading into the stretch-run up to a 20yo :sarcasm:

You forgot finally acquiring a player they scouted 13 years ago and never took off their radar :naughty:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What's the deal with Cam Morrison? Any news? Are we going to sign him, or is going to be the next higher round draft pick we blew? Because if we don't sign him now, he'll go wherever he pleases next year.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
What's the deal with Cam Morrison? Any news? Are we going to sign him, or is going to be the next higher round draft pick we blew? Because if we don't sign him now, he'll go wherever he pleases next year.

Only ND player news I’ve seen today is C’bust signed Defenseman Andrew Peeke to an entry level contract.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Whether Colorado signs him or not it has nothing to do with him being a bad pick. That was accomplished the moment he was selected.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Whether Colorado signs him or not it has nothing to do with him being a bad pick. That was accomplished the moment he was selected.

A bit harsh... Morrison will have a solid NHL career. Won't be a top line guy or anything, but he will play for a while in the league.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Or he'll need some time to adjust to the jump before breaking out once he'd gotten ~40 games under his belt...like he has at the previous two levels...
All we know is that Makar's level of play this season suggests that he is ready to make the jump immediately, worse players like McAvoy have done the same with relative ease. Its not like Zadorov, Cole or Nemeth are really playing at a high level atm.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
All we know is that Makar's level of play this season suggests that he is ready to make the jump immediately, worse players like McAvoy have done the same with relative ease. Its not like Zadorov, Cole or Nemeth are really playing at a high level atm.

But that's not all we know. We also know that Cale is a late bloomer who has taken time to adapt to the new level of competition at the previous two jumps he has made. You can't just ignore Cale's history because of how some other guys with different development arcs adapted to the jump from the NCAA to NHL.

Development is not linear & each prospect has their own unique arc to walk. Or have we already forgotten about the MacK debates?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
But that's not all we know. We also know that Cale is a late bloomer who has taken time to adapt to the new level of competition at the previous two jumps he has made. You can't just ignore Cale's history because of how some other guys with different development arcs adapted to the jump from the NCAA to NHL.

Development is not linear & each prospect has their own unique arc to walk. Or have we already forgotten about the MacK debates?
I don't think the late bloomer + unusual development path for a top prospect really makes any difference. Makar is the best player in the NCAA this season, arguably the best since Eichel. I see no reason to think he won't be a solid player immediately.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think the late bloomer + unusual development path for a top prospect really makes any difference. Makar is the best player in the NCAA this season, arguably the best since Eichel. I see no reason to think he won't be a solid player immediately.

Solid is different than one of our best blueliners. I think he'll be solid from day one, but I do expect him to take time to figure out the NHL level -- the way he has every previous level -- before he really starts to thrive & ascend. That took him 40+ games at the AJHL & NCAA levels, so I see no reason why that adjustment period would be any shorter in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad