Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauhaus

Mar 29, 2019
Its been a minute since we were able to draft and develop 3rd and 4th line players. Off the dome I can only think of Mcleod, Yip, Galiardi and David Jones and that was about 10 yrs ago.

The Sacco years. Was the team bad because he was a poor coach, we had poor players, or both? I do find it interesting that he was really able to get the best out of lower tier, and in most cases, non NHL players. Guys like Yip, Gali, Palushaj, Mauldin, Bordy, and Olver really didn't belong in the NHL. And he was also able to bring up guys like Jones, Stewart, Mcleod, and others and really brought out their best years.

Not that I'm saying he's a good NHL coach, but he did have a way of bringing out potential in players.

Reactions: Kaizer

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a blast by Makar! Almost at the blueline with barely a screen, and he blows it by Morris.

Hopefully his slappers lately put to rest the fears that he only has a wrist shot.

Reactions: Balthazar

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Makar is so great at picking pucks off the wall and quickly moving it to his teammates with laser passes, or just firing it on net. One of the best I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Makar's dad just did an interview during the game. Nothing groundbreaking, but he sounded like a coach the way he broke down the details of their decision to go to UMASS.

You can tell that's where Makar gets a lot of his intangibles from. Comes across like a coach's son. Always focused on details and improving, to go along with a brutally honest self analysis. Different player obviously, but Forsberg was very similar.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We got the best case scenario here folks: Makar won't ask to burn a year of his ELC because he'll be too busy playing at the Frozen Four.

Frozen Four championship game is April 13th and the NHL playoffs start on the 10th so he could still debut in the playoffs, even though it's probably unlikely.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Bold prediction time: We are witnessing the birth of the Avs' first perennial Norris candidate and future captain

b3eb5653bfc7bb0b4b111da0871e4346.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cale Morris or Jake Kielly? I've seen Kielly mentioned as one of the top NCAA FAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad