Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Can you imagine? Makar to MacKinnon, button hook then pass to Makar who's breaking into the zone. Makar button hooks, opening up room to Girard who spins and spins into open space. Girard passes to Rantanen, who for no reason at all sticks out his caboose to knock someone over. Rants to MacK, button hook to Makar, button hook to Girard, spin to Rants (thicc). Rants gets it a changing EJ who immediately lobs it into a shin pad, breakaway against, goal.

Post of the year.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
The way I see it its exactly the other way around. The Avs have no leverage to be making such demands, they are not going to treat their best prospect since MacKinnon like Bowers. Makar is arguably the best drafted prospect in the world and is going to be a solid NHLer straight away. You don't bury someone like that in the AHL just because of an expansion draft.
Technically they have almost all the leverage.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want to say, **** you St. Cloud for ****ing up my bracket (back to back upsets as #1). Losing to American International College? Their first ever trip to the NCAA national championship and they upset the 1st seed. I don't even know where the **** AIC is located....

The shots were 13 to 33 for St. Cloud, wtf?
Cam Morrison! We’ll see UMass tomorrow. May they, & the hockey gods have mercy on us. Lol

Morrison has a habit of scoring big goals it would seem.
Looking more likely to be the case that he has limitations in skill, but holy **** he's clutch AF.

Another GWG and postseason point, he might go down in Notre Dame's history as their best playoff player ever...

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Looking more likely to be the case that he has limitations in skill.

2xbjsq.jpg

:sarcasm:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So this is the summer for us to sign Morrison I'm assuming. Going back for his senior year probably isn't a great sign?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Makar vs Cam Morrison, winner moves on, loser gets Avs contract? Stakes are high! ;)
Sakic watching Cal Morris very closely as well.

And let's not forget Clurman. He will return to ND for sure. I only saw the first two periods of that game yeaterday but I thought Clurman had a solid game until that point. Not sure how he did in the third and the OT but Clarkson didn't score again so it couldn't be that bad lol. He seems like a very steady defensive dman for them.

Too bad I won't be able to see that game today. There is a lot to watch in that game between Makar, Morrison, Clurman and Morris. I'm really hoping for a UMass win to reduce the chance of Makar being signed this year.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
We need a Sakic sighting. I wonder if he's watching in person or sicking with the Avs during their playoff hunt. I know he was at the Pepsi Center for the Vegas game, someone on instagram posted a pic with him that night.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We need a Sakic sighting. I wonder if he's watching in person or sicking with the Avs during their playoff hunt. I know he was at the Pepsi Center for the Vegas game, someone on instagram posted a pic with him that night.
I would be very surprised if he is not at that game today considering three of our prospects are playing. Then there is also Morris which I think would be a perfect fit with the Avs.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I would be very surprised if he is not at that game today considering three of our prospects are playing. Then there is also Morris which I think would be a perfect fit with the Avs.

How else are you going get an ELC in Makar's hands within 5 minutes just in case they actually lose :naughty:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And let's not forget Clurman. He will return to ND for sure. I only saw the first two periods of that game yeaterday but I thought Clurman had a solid game until that point.
Clurman isn't a player you can statwhack and think he's doing poorly. He's gotten better every game and looked much more comfortable as the season went along. In the playoffs, he looked really good at the limited minutes he was given. Next year, hopefully some Notre Dame players depart and he's given for responsibility along with Lievermann.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Clurman isn't a player you can statwhack and think he's doing poorly. He's gotten better every game and looked much more comfortable as the season went along. In the playoffs, he looked really good at the limited minutes he was given. Next year, hopefully some Notre Dame players depart and he's given for responsibility along with Lievermann.
Yes hopefully next year he gets more responsibilities and increase his production a bit because unfortunately for him even the shutdown dmen need to produce a bit in today's NHL. He seems to move the puck fairly well though and he skates pretty well too for his size so you never know. He will most likely top out as a very good shutdown AHL dman.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Looks like they could make up a decent 3rd pairing for ND next year.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Should be plenty of opportunity for defensive minutes for those 2 with ND next year, as I’m pretty sure Nardella is a senior, while I expect Peeke to forgo his final season & sign w/ C’bust this offseason.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Man I hope we finally have some prospects in the pipeline who could become a good 3rd line one day

Morrison -Bowers - Kaut

Three bigger guys, all defensively sound with some offense to their game.

Its been a minute since we were able to draft and develop 3rd and 4th line players. Off the dome I can only think of Mcleod, Yip, Galiardi and David Jones and that was about 10 yrs ago.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure how to feel about this UMass game. A part of me wants to see Makar go far and in the long run that'll probably be better for the Avs. Another part wants them to lose and for Makar to be in the lineup on Monday.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Not sure how to feel about this UMass game. A part of me wants to see Makar go far and in the long run that'll probably be better for the Avs. Another part wants them to lose and for Makar to be in the lineup on Monday.

I rather he continue playing meaningful playoff games. The kid is young and needs as many opportunities as possible.

Makar - UMass wins tonight, he'll be done until next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad