Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I hope when all is said and done this all does not stain how Luc is seen. He was my favorite King for soo long.
Ehh. He was mine as well. But this whole thing has really made me seperate Luc the player from Luc the person.

Even with Blake, I was never really angry over his demanding a trade as a player. It is what it is. Even when he took over, I was tried to be as impartial as I could despite not being a fan of a first time GM learning on the job.

But these past say 3-4 years have been a disaster. Both need to go before anything can start to change for this franchise and I'll be glad to hopefully never see them as a part of the Kings organization ever again.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
Talbot, Englund, Rittich, Copley, Burroughs, Kuemper, that mustached fighter fellow whose names escapes me...

That's just in the last two seasons. Shop and save!
its me i am the mustached fighter fellow .. haha

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I hope when all is said and done this all does not stain how Luc is seen. He was my favorite King for soo long.
Mine too. I had his poster on my wall… hard to get in the UK!

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Blake said it’s on the org for PLD not being a fit. Folks, he’s taken accountability and it’s time to move on. Everyone should feel relief that we no longer need to discuss PLD. The mistake was removed, so it’s time to turn the page. At the end of the day no one is at fault for the failed experiment.

As the temperature rises, nothing quenches a thirst better than purple koolaid.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Blake said it’s on the org for PLD not being a fit. Folks, he’s taken accountability and it’s time to move on. Everyone should feel relief that we no longer need to discuss PLD. The mistake was removed, so it’s time to turn the page. At the end of the day no one is at fault for the failed experiment.

Wait in your first sentence you said the org takes blame for PLD failing then a couple sentences later you said no one is at fault?
Blake/Luc/Brisson and PLD are at fault you dont need a pow pow all is well speech about it. No one here is even really talking about it anymore just glad hes gone.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Wait in your first sentence you said the org takes blame for PLD failing then a couple sentences later you said no one is at fault?
Blake/Luc/Brisson and PLD are at fault you dont need a pow pow all is well speech about it. No one here is even really talking about it anymore just glad hes gone.
When a mistake is made by someone making more than $250k a year, accountability implies that at least one person is getting fired. Happened a couple months ago with Todd. But even there, if Columbus hires him, the org gets to skip out on any consequences for poor decisions.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
When a mistake is made by someone making more than $250k a year, accountability implies that at least one person is getting fired. Happened a couple months ago with Todd. But even there, if Columbus hires him, the org gets to skip out on any consequences for poor decisions.
I agree

Reactions: DoktorJeep

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Pld was a cerebral slow east west guy. We need fast and athletic North south guys that are skilled and can make plays off the rush. Plds style didn't fit this team. He was done with la.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Pld was a cerebral slow east west guy.
Yea he was a slow east west guy.
He slowly drove in traffic to the east side to get to the arena for games and then drove back to the west side after.
He was very cerebral also thinking the whole time about how hip his ride was and whats the best restaurant and club to hang at for the night.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

Does it have a crap load of Vodka in it?

funky

Mar 9, 2002
I actually liked Blake’s moves until the Edmundson signing. Burroughs is a perfect #6/7. Plays both sides, fights, hits, cheap.

Jeannot is a face puncher with some hockey skills. If for playing this many kids, we need enforcer.

PLD trade freed up years of committed high salary. Kuemper isn’t a stellar return but fills a need.

Rittich cheap re-sign

Not a Copley fan but he shouldn’t take time away from Portillo. Getting older and coming off a major injury.

Love the Foegele signing. Skilled utility knife that can skate, hit and pot the odd goal. Has size and a very energetic way of playing. Total opposite of PLD floating around.

Lewis. - I can get on board if he is a plug and play 13th forward. Knows the system, still okay defensively and in great shap. Limit games and minutes. If he is a regular player I am against it or our kids suck.

Now pull a rabbit out of your hat and land Necas as I will consider it a successful off season.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Blake: "we need to get uncomfortable".

Then he proceeds to re-sign a 37 year old for sentimentality reasons.
Blake also got uncomfortable these last two off seasons. I am pretty sure no lube was used when his fellow GM’s and a few agents bent him over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad