Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I see. I agree if Dermott can switch to RD having a top four of Rielly, Barrie, Muzzin and Dermott is very good. Then next year have Sandin and Liljegren come up, looking pretty good on the back end for a while.

I'd just call it a top 5 and throw Ceci in there too.

In terms of quality, we have the best defense we've ever had in the modern era IMO. In terms of fit, I'm not entirely sure yet. Ceci and Dermott are going to need to adapt to large defensive roles because Rielly should be given as many offensive opportunities as possible, and Barrie is not going to be able to handle defensive high end defensive responsibilities.

I also Harpur can be that super physical presence on the back end for us, and chew up a lot of PK minutes.

Reactions: Saint Blue

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I'm really intrigued by maxim Zhukov.

Still only 19, 2017 4th round pick by Vegas. Russian goalies generally take longer to develop. Great pick up by the marlies.

He has regressed year by year, but he'll probably just be the Growler's backup. Bouthillier can now go back to Saint John and be their starter if they open up an OA spot for him.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
He has regressed year by year, but he'll probably just be the Growler's backup. Bouthillier can now go back to Saint John and be their starter if they open up an OA spot for him.
Saint Johns should be a lot better, they were crazy young last year. I think they only had 3 OA's and 3 19 years olds. Almost all their players are back and some high picks coming in.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Saint Johns should be a lot better, they were crazy young last year. I think they only had 3 OA's and 3 19 years olds. Almost all their players are back and some high picks coming in.

They still don't have too many good older players. They'll make the playoffs next year, but they aren't going to get super far.

Especially since Bouthillier is not a very good goalie. It showed in the prospects game, and I think getting Zhukov was also a little bit of writing on the wall too.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
They still don't have too many good older players. They'll make the playoffs next year, but they aren't going to get super far.

Especially since Bouthillier is not a very good goalie. It showed in the prospects game, and I think getting Zhukov was also a little bit of writing on the wall too.
It's a do or die year for him. Has to have a huge OA year to even be considered for a spot in the organization. No chance of an ELC regardless.

I agree though he's not very good and he has never really impressed in any leafs sanctioned event.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Those who watch Marlies religiously, is Marchment ready for the big time?
It's close but I would say there are currently better options.

He missed quite a bit of time with injury last year as well. I don't think he would look out of place but some more seasoning wouldn't hurt.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Those who watch Marlies religiously, is Marchment ready for the big time?

No, and likely never will. He doesn't possess the skill to be an offensive guy, and doesn't have the defense to stick as a 4th liner.

Reactions: GermanLeaf

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Its cool to see that we managed to keep most of the top forward talent on the Growlers around.

Ferguson, Pooley, O'Brien, Power, Bradley re-upped for another year on AHL deals

Elynuik and Moore going into the 2nd year of a 2-year deal.

Still waiting to hear about Estephan and Plouffe, but so far only Kestner and Piccinich have gone elsewhere.

Reactions: Magic Man

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Its cool to see that we managed to keep most of the top forward talent on the Growlers around.

Ferguson, Pooley, O'Brien, Power, Bradley re-upped for another year on AHL deals

Elynuik and Moore going into the 2nd year of a 2-year deal.

Still waiting to hear about Estephan and Plouffe, but so far only Kestner and Piccinich have gone elsewhere.
I am hoping Estephan signs. That guy can score and I think he like Elynuik can win jobs with the Marlies this year.

Reactions: Boutette

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Archibald is roughly a Greening replacement. I'd wait to see if Estephan produces on the Marlies before giving him an ELC. But absolutely he's one player to watch because he's still fairly young with the potential for growth. Matt Bradley is in the same category. Rubins has less sexy stats but he might be another one to watch as Keefe used him quite a bit at the end of the Marlies' regular season.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Not a bad guy for a 4th line. Adds some physicality to the lineup which is nice. He was someone who could have been in line for an SPC but this is probably a better deal for him.

Marlies still need to add a center though IMO. Not sure they can have two of Aaron Luchuk, Colt Conrad, Riley Woods or Growlers occupying their bottom 6 center job. I'd be fine with Aaron Luchuk possibly playing in a top 9 role with a couple of good wingers, but I'd want to sign a strong vet center (either on an AHL deal or NHL deal) to replace Greening and potentially be able to step up in the lineup.

Kind of like what Jooris was supposed to be, but obviously better. Perhaps a full-time center version of Adam Cracknell, like Wade Megan.

Agostino-Shore-Bracco
Marchment-Brooks-Timashov
Engvall-Luchuk/Megan-Korshkov
Ferguson-Luchuk/Megan-Archibald
Clune

+ Brazeau, Woods, M. Bradley, O'Brien, Power, Conrad, T. Bradley and Pooley for the Growlers/competition.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Agostino-Shore-Bracco
Marchment-Brooks-Timashov
Engvall-Luchuk/Megan-Korshkov
Ferguson-Luchuk/Megan-Archibald
Clune

+ Brazeau, Woods, M. Bradley, O'Brien, Power, Conrad, T. Bradley and Pooley for the Growlers/competition.

giphy.gif

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

What? Darren Archibald plays LW but he's mostly played RW for the past few years. I guess you can put him over to the LW instead of Ferguson but Brazeau is going to have to win his spot... It's not going to be given to him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Marlies still need to add a center though IMO. .

Unfortunately the guys that I wanted them to add, all have been signed already. Peter Holland is off to the KHL, Carter Verhaeghe signed with Tampa (for AHL likely), and Sam Carrick with Ducks. All would have been good depth/AHL guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad