Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Marlies might be smaller than the Leafs and they stick up for each other more in this game then the Leafs have all season.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Chris Mueller with the hat-trick in Marlies 3-0 win. Bracco/Brooks with 2 assists. Timashov and Lily picked up an assist also. Bracco up to 55 assists now, 75 points.

Timashov has 48 points in 67 games. He had 34 in 67 last year.

Kaskisuo with the shut out.

Rasanen finished with 3 shots.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
I thought Rasanen looked solid, he has a bomb of a shot and appears to be responsible defensively. Macgregor looked great to be honest, he was involved in some high danger chances and didnt look out of place at all. I can see him passing Brooks on the center depth chart pretty quickly. Oleksy is a bum now, I have no idea what happened to that guy.

Reactions: kerk

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Having watched Joshua, his best chance is as a winger anyways not a center. I think he'll struggle with the speed of the pro game. He definitely could play a physical game, he's a huge body and not shy about contact.

The only game I watched of Joshua recently is the Denver game, and he did not look like someone who would earn an ELC. He was on the PP, but was practically useless. He used his body well, but it was not like he was a physical force or anything. And he kind of just floated around most of the time. He never really got up to full speed at any point.

It's just one game, but I would not be rushing to give him an ELC if that is representative of his body of work. If he is a strong two-way physical guy, then he's worth an ELC, even if he ends up on the wing in the end. Regardless of his position, he'd end up on that 4th line pretty quickly if that were true.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If you swapped Engvall and Brooks in today's game, that could very well be the top 6 for the Marlies next year.

However there is a good chance Bracco could be on the Leafs, and Marchment would also be in the mix to play with Brooks again. However, if Bracco makes it, you could easily just put Timashov on the RW and have Marchment play with Brooks and Carcone/Timashov on the 2nd line.

Conrad and McGregor are making cases to be the 3C and 4C's for next year. Joshua and Elynuik are also options. Especially since Joshua and Elynuik could also fill in on a 4th line LW spot as well, you could just keep all 4 and rotate them in various spots in the bottom 6.

Reactions: kerk

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Saturday March 30th

Games today

Game 5: Lulea wins 4-1
Lulea wins series 4-1
Game 5: Oshawa wins 4-2
Oshawa wins series 4-1
Game 5: Calgary wins 6-5
Calgary leads series 3-2
Stotts 1 assist

Game 5: Spokane wins 4-1
Spokane wins series 4-1

SHL
2nd round: Lulea(2) vs Vaxjo(7)
Lulea wins series 4-1
Pontus Holmberg
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points:
Playoffs:
GP 7 Goals Assists Points:
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 3 Assists: 7 Points: 10

Liiga

2nd round: TPS(4) vs HPK(5)
HPK wins series 4-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

1st round: Sault Ste. Marie(3) vs Owen Sound Attack(6)
Sault Ste. Marie wins series 4-1
Mac Hollowell
Series:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 64 Goals: 24 Assists: 53 Points: 77

1st round: Guelph(4) vs Kitchener(5)
Guelph wins series 4-0
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists Points:
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists Points:
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

1st round: Oshawa(3) vs Peterborough(6)
Oshawa wins series 4-1
SDA
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists 3 Points 3
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals Assists 3 Points 3
Regular season:
GP: 62 Goals: 6 Assists: 40 Points: 46

WHL
1st round: Prince Albert(1) vs Red Deer(WC2)
Prince Albert wins series 4-0
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 4 SV% .915 GAA 1.75 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 4 SV% .915 GAA 1.75 SO 1
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

1st round: Spokane(2) vs Portland(3)
Spokane wins series 4-1
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals Assists Points
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36

1st round: Lethbridge(2) vs Calgary(3)
Calgary leads series 3-2
Riley Stotts
Series:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 4 Points 5
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 4 Points 5
Regular season:
GP: 62 Goals: 19 Assists: 38 Points: 57

Notes: Holmberg's and SDA's teams are eliminated. SDA might join the Marlies. I don't think Holmberg will.

Reactions: FreeBird

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I wonder if the Marlies have a shot at the Calder Cup again? Assuming the Leafs go out in the first round, you have Rosen, Marincin and maybe Moore rejoining them.

horner

May 22, 2007
Raatanen
Looked very solid today for his first AHL game.
Hopefully he will start to use his big body to add a physical element to his game
His shots seem to find the net.

Considering some of the reports from some people which were very negative.
I was very surprised to see how he played.

Reactions: teddygmr

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I wonder if the Marlies have a shot at the Calder Cup again? Assuming the Leafs go out in the first round, you have Rosen, Marincin and maybe Moore rejoining them.
Really Marincin should be sent down if Rosen comes up. There's no point in the Leafs carrying 10 D-men heading into the playoffs.

If Gardiner is ready have Rosen and Marincin both with the Marlies at the start of the playoffs.

But yes if they finally get healthy I think they have a shot. The top 2 in their division are tough but we really haven't had a full lineup all year.

Hutch has to stay healthy with no safety net if he gets injured.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Rosen should be back with the Marlies before the AHL playoffs, no? Assuming Gardiner returns for the Leafs before the start of round 1.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
just watched yesterday’s game to see how mcgregor and rasanen played. both looked like they’ve been playing with the team all year (don’t know if this says something about them or the system but i’m giving them credit here) and did not look out of place at all. most importantly, i think they both definitely have room to grow.

as has been mentioned, mcgregor was involved in a few good scoring chances. a couple in front of the net where the puck bounced off his stick and one where he opened up for a pass, walked in and rang it off the bar (pretty sure this highlight is in the marlies game in 6 on the youtube channel). most impressive part for mcgregor was how he played in the defensive zone though. was breaking up plays in front of the net, and then turning back up ice as a break out option for the d. really excited for him moving forward and i think he’s gonna be a sneaky guy moving up the depth chart over the next year or two.

rasanen moves really well for a big guy. i think another year or two working on his skating and he has the potential to be a great skater. has the stride just need to build the strength. moved the puck well, wasn’t afraid to join the rush and was often calling for the puck at the point. definitely not afraid to shoot. biggest thing for him i think is getting more engaged in front of the net. i found him often just standing in front of the goalie not sure which man to take so he didn’t take anyone- but again, that should come. it’s only his first game here.

all in all, i think every marlie looked good in yesterday’s game, but thought for their first games, these two were something to get excited about. hopefully they both play full time for the marlies next season.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Seems like McGregor and Rasanen would be nice challenges for the development team. Potential big payoffs.
Same with Joshua, by the sounds.
A big C/LW is never bad to have. Sounds like a bit more skating, a bit more intensity and urgency, and he’s a nice piece.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
just watched yesterday’s game to see how mcgregor and rasanen played. both looked like they’ve been playing with the team all year (don’t know if this says something about them or the system but i’m giving them credit here) and did not look out of place at all. most importantly, i think they both definitely have room to grow.

as has been mentioned, mcgregor was involved in a few good scoring chances. a couple in front of the net where the puck bounced off his stick and one where he opened up for a pass, walked in and rang it off the bar (pretty sure this highlight is in the marlies game in 6 on the youtube channel). most impressive part for mcgregor was how he played in the defensive zone though. was breaking up plays in front of the net, and then turning back up ice as a break out option for the d. really excited for him moving forward and i think he’s gonna be a sneaky guy moving up the depth chart over the next year or two.

rasanen moves really well for a big guy. i think another year or two working on his skating and he has the potential to be a great skater. has the stride just need to build the strength. moved the puck well, wasn’t afraid to join the rush and was often calling for the puck at the point. definitely not afraid to shoot. biggest thing for him i think is getting more engaged in front of the net. i found him often just standing in front of the goalie not sure which man to take so he didn’t take anyone- but again, that should come. it’s only his first game here.

all in all, i think every marlie looked good in yesterday’s game, but thought for their first games, these two were something to get excited about. hopefully they both play full time for the marlies next season.
This fits the post game comments by Keefe.
"I thought he did really well. He skated well when he had the puck. He made some plays. Ripped one off the crossbar, had some scoring chances, so as far as debuts go, that was a pretty good one especially when you consider he hasn't had a practice or anything, we just put him right in today, so was happy to see that. He brought a lot to our lineup.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ryan McGregor could be Jay Beagle for us.

Anyone see the game a lot? Super curious about McGregor and Rasanen.

RE: Dakota Joshua, his point totals are deceiving - I think he went pointless the first 6 games and then had a stretch of 16 pts in 16gp at one point.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Really glad to hear McGregor did well in his debut. I think he has 3C written all over him, just needs to add weight/strength to add to his speed/hustle/IQ.

Got written off because of a complete lack of PP time during an otherwise strong U19 season

Reactions: Duke16

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Based on this, Sandin and Rasanen were sheltered, Lilly got the 2nd toughest minutes, while Oleksy and Borgman were the matchup guys.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I'm sure they won't move players around that would open them up to being taking in the expention draft of they figure into their long term plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad