Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

what's really crazy about this is that Sandin hasn't even been given the same opportunity as those other guys - those guys were all their team's #1 offensive option, and got all the PP time.

Rosen is that guy for the marlies this year, not sandin- sandin's been doing this mostly with secondary offensive opportunity, and hasn't even been getting consistent PP time until recently.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Maybe I'm over-analyzing things, but the Leafs have already handed out a few "future" ELC's where players finish this year on an ATO and are signed for next year. That did not happen here.
Lindgren did sign an ATO, and then signed an ELC in the summer. McGregor might still get one.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Friday March 29th

Games today

Game 5: HPK wins 3-2 in OT
HPK wins 4-1
Game 5: Sault Ste. Marie wins 7-4
Sault Ste. Marie wins series 4-1
Hollowell 1 assist

SHL

2nd round: Lulea(2) vs Vaxjo(7)
Lulea leads 3-1
Pontus Holmberg
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists Points:
Playoffs:
GP 6 Goals Assists Points:
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 3 Assists: 7 Points: 10

Liiga

2nd round: TPS(4) vs HPK(5)
HPK wins series 4-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

1st round: Sault Ste. Marie(3) vs Owen Sound Attack(6)
Sault Ste. Marie wins series 4-1
Mac Hollowell
Series:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Playoffs:
GP 5 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 64 Goals: 24 Assists: 53 Points: 77

1st round: Guelph(4) vs Kitchener(5)
Guelph wins series 4-0
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists Points:
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists Points:
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

1st round: Oshawa(3) vs Peterborough(6)
Oshawa leads 3-1
SDA
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists 3 Points 3
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals Assists 3 Points 3
Regular season:
GP: 62 Goals: 6 Assists: 40 Points: 46

WHL
1st round: Prince Albert(1) vs Red Deer(WC2)
Prince Albert wins series 4-0
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 4 SV% .915 GAA 1.75 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 4 SV% .915 GAA 1.75 SO 1
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

1st round: Spokane(2) vs Portland(3)
Spokane leads 3-1
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals Assists Points
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36

1st round: Lethbridge(2) vs Calgary(3)
Series tied 2-2
Riley Stotts
Series:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Playoffs:
GP 4 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 62 Goals: 19 Assists: 38 Points: 57

Reactions: FreeBird

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
This in all likelihood means that he is not signing an ELC. Was great this year, but probably doesn't have much upside at the end of the day. I could see this turning into a one-or two-year AHL contract if he doesn't get better opportunities elsewhere.

Lots of possibilities here:

-He's getting an ELC, but for whatever reason not yet.
-This is an ATO in it's purest sense, whether or not he gets an ELC will depend on his performance on the Marlies in the next few weeks
-This is the first step in Dubas baseball style development plan, and we're going to offer him an AHL attractive enough to keep him in the org without an ELC
-We're not interested but tossing the kid a bone in a couple of weeks per diem and a chance to show his stuff to the pro hockey world

Reactions: Duke16

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think Bracco starts the year on the 3rd line next year. Hopefully he cements his position as the AHL scoring leader and has a productive playoff. Past Petan and Moore on the Leafs, I'd say he is the most likely forward from the Marlies roster to see playoff ice for the Leafs. If the Leafs go anywhere, they may have to dip that deep at some point in the playoffs. I'm glad we have that option on forward.

Also, in regards to McGregor. Eemeli Rasanen was signed to a PTO, with no promise of an ELC. He's a near shoe in for an ELC. Lindgren and Engvall did the same last year and both got ELC's later on. I think he's still being considered strongly for an ELC.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I dont see it that way. If the Leafs don't offer An ELC, won't he be eligible for this year's draft?

The fact that there is an ATO shows we are interested.

It's a true tryout. He'll get an opportunity to show that he's worth an ELC (or not). He also gets to display his wares to the scouts for other organizations if the Leafs choose to pass on signing him. The Leafs' prospect forward base is missing forwards of his ilk (defensively involved "true" center types). Whether he's considered good enough to be that prospect will be found out.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Jeremy Bracco at eliteprospects.com
Has anyone noticed the hardware this kid has?
He is a winner.
This.

All this kid has done is win at every level he's played at and win tournaments. He might not be the top player on any of those teams but contributions from guys like him matters when it comes to depth scoring. Mitch Marner, Andreas Johnson and GOAT are the same. These guys have won before and know what it takes.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I can almost guarantee Joshua will not get an ELC.

AHL deal, sure, but not an ELC

I'd like him to get an AHL deal. Our centre depth is bad and I think he might be the type of guy that does better with increased physicality.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Brooks Mueller Bracco
Timashov Engvall Carcone
MacMaster Conrad Baptiste
Molino McGregor Jooris

Sandin Liljegren
Borgman Oleksy
Rubins Rasanen

Kaskisuo

Rasanen makes his debut. McGregor also playing his 1st game quickly. I think thats a good sign for him.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I definitely jumped the gun on my assumptions of McGregor earlier.

He is most definitely trying out for an ELC for him to get into the lineup this quick. A comparable situation to Engvall and Lindgren, but different than what they have done so far this year with "future ELC's"

Just thinking back to last year, neither Middleton or Mattinen even got an ATO.

Reactions: MyBudJT

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Brooks Mueller Bracco
Timashov Engvall Carcone
MacMaster Conrad Baptiste
Molino McGregor Jooris

Sandin Liljegren
Borgman Oleksy
Rubins Rasanen

Kaskisuo

Rasanen makes his debut. McGregor also playing his 1st game quickly. I think thats a good sign for him.
Will be nice to get a look at McGregor and Rasanen. Rasanen could be huge for this organization if he can develop properly from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad