Who is the best Russian prospect of all time

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Who is the best Russian prospect of all time?
I’ve seen the stuff on how matvei michkov is the best Russian prospect since ovi and Malkin so I just wanted to see who yhall think is the best of all time?

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Ovechkin, clearly
I like to think that, I am a big Ovi fan but matvei michkov does hold the record for highest ppg in the khl be a draft eligible player which was 0.67 if u include his 3 games where he had almost no ice time ( 20 points 30 games) and I think 0.72 if u don’t (20 pouts 27 games). While ovi had a 0.45 (24 points 53 games). But I do know that michkov did it in the khl and ovi did it in the RSL. I don’t if there is a difference between the two leagues. Also the khl came from the RSL. let me know what you think.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Here are some of the best Russian prospects strictly in their draft season.

2020-Now: Matvei Michkov: insane production everywhere he has been. Just a sensational talent with a ton of hype surrounding him.

2015-2019: Andrei Svechnikov: The hype surrounding Andrei was immense. He came into the USHL was amazing for a rookie and then went on to get 40 goals in 44 games with the Barrie Colts.

2010-2014: Vladimir Tarasenko: The Russian factor made Tarasenko fall to 16. Truly, a top 5 talent in the draft and had the production to back it up.

2005-2009: Nikita Filatov: A dynamic offensive player that could’ve had an amazing NHL career. He had a tom of hype, but was ultimately not able to produce at the NHL level.

2000-2004: Alex Ovechkin: What an incredible 4 year span for Russian prospects. Clearly, the Russian factor was not a factor because Ilya Kovalchuk (Who’s hype rivaled Ovie’s), Alex Semin, Nikolai Zherdev, Evgeni Malkin, and several other Russian were taken very high in the draft. But, none of them compare to Ovie in terms of hype.

Reactions: Rennlist

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Here are some of the best Russian prospects strictly in their draft season.

2020-Now: Matvei Michkov: insane production everywhere he has been. Just a sensational talent with a ton of hype surrounding him.

2015-2019: Andrei Svechnikov: The hype surrounding Andrei was immense. He came into the USHL was amazing for a rookie and then went on to get 40 goals in 44 games with the Barrie Colts.

2010-2014: Vladimir Tarasenko: The Russian factor made Tarasenko fall to 16. Truly, a top 5 talent in the draft and had the production to back it up.

2005-2009: Nikita Filatov: A dynamic offensive player that could’ve had an amazing NHL career. He had a tom of hype, but was ultimately not able to produce at the NHL level.

2000-2004: Alex Ovechkin: What an incredible 4 year span for Russian prospects. Clearly, the Russian factor was not a factor because Ilya Kovalchuk (Who’s hype rivaled Ovie’s), Alex Semin, Nikolai Zherdev, Evgeni Malkin, and several other Russian were taken very high in the draft. But, none of them compare to Ovie in terms of hype.
I think Cherepanov was a bigger prospect that Filatov

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Cherepanov was a bigger prospect that Filatov
Yeah, I know he’s not the best ever. It’s probably Ovechkin and Malkin and maybe Michkov, but Cherepanov is a player that gets forgotten about because he sadly died before he ever played a game in the NHL. He was on pace to have a great career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad