Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Seems like a hell of a lot of effort to get a 3rd pairing defenseman lol.

Once it's possible that every prospect on a team's list has 1st line/1st pairing potential, you'll have a point. Otherwise, most prospects/young players are a lot of time and effort even including the ones with high end skills.

Reactions: Matthews34

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Probably just future Growlers, but might as well give them Marlies exposure. Bouthillier is not going to get much, if any, playing time in Newfoundland so maybe the Marlies will give him a game... Especially since Woll is not playing.

Basso was in Leafs prospect camp like ages ago.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Once it's possible that every prospect on a team's list has 1st line/1st pairing potential, you'll have a point. Otherwise, most prospects/young players are a lot of time and effort even including the ones with high end skills.

You so sassy.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Brown led the NCAA Div 1 in goals for 2017/18. A buddy of mine is his dad's best friend. Great character kid. Pulling for him. He's got size and a nose for the net. Late bloomer, was a tiny kid who grew late.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I could take some of this advice myself as well: the impulse to snuff out someone else's enthusiasm or optimism is darkness.

Nah just was stating before, it is a hell of a long time to invest for minimal payoff, although you could just as easily say you gotta dress guys for the AHL team anyway so hopefully he gets there. I don't think Rasanen did himself any favors this year going to the KHL and hardly playing.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Nah just was stating before, it is a hell of a long time to invest for minimal payoff, although you could just as easily say you gotta dress guys for the AHL team anyway so hopefully he gets there. I don't think Rasanen did himself any favors this year going to the KHL and hardly playing.

If it was meant to be just that then don't end the post with a mocking "lol".

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Anyone who watches Bracco knows how good he is. Saying he’s a “bit of a wreck defensively” is just complete hogwash. Is it a strong suit? No. But Bracco and the development staff have put in work. I do not blame Bracco for Keefe putting his best offensive player in the offensive zone as much as possible.

As for Liljegren, the biggest thing he’s guilty of is not producing as much as some would like. However his play off the puck, and with it, especially in the defensive zone, has become so good. He’ll probably be the best zone exit d-man the Leafs have when he comes up.

People thought Liljegren as this one dimensional, offensive d-man when his game was much more diverse. I’m very happy with all the little parts of the game developing, and him playing a top role against the top competition. The production will come naturally.

I'd sell high on Bracco tbh

Reactions: MyBudJT

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
There may be an even higher "sell high" on Bracco next season after some games with big boys. He's going to put up some points.

Fair enough. I don't think he's going to be a top 6 player consistently.

Middle six, sure but he'll be a 30-40 point guy, not a 50+ one.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Your still on the 'fringe prospect" train.

No, but his defensive game isn't great which under the current coach doesn't make him an option.

If they deal Kapanen this summer, then I'd keep him but he's at best the 4th best RW on this team next year where Babcock won't play him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There also may not be a higher sell high...

yeah, even though bracco is already better than I ever hoped, I still think that due to the one-dimensional nature of his game he may be the perfect sell-high guy.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think with Wheeler, you can ignore about 90% of what he says. The only time he is actually worth listening to is when it's not opinion based and he's just speaking facts.

With Bracco though the way I see it is he's going to be similar to guys like Marner, Kane, Laine (obviously lite) where it doesn't take a large amount of chances to score large amounts of points. He has never seemed to have the ability to "drive" chances, but scoring points comes naturally to him because he's great at getting the puck in places where it's almost impossible not to score. I could see him in the NHL next season, but I doubt he's going to be very effective playing beside a guy like Goat, and there isn't a spot open beside Tavares, Matthews, or Kadri unless Kapanen moves to the left, or is moved.

Anyone who watches Bracco knows how good he is. Saying he’s a “bit of a wreck defensively” is just complete hogwash. Is it a strong suit? No. But Bracco and the development staff have put in work. I do not blame Bracco for Keefe putting his best offensive player in the offensive zone as much as possible.

As for Liljegren, the biggest thing he’s guilty of is not producing as much as some would like. However his play off the puck, and with it, especially in the defensive zone, has become so good. He’ll probably be the best zone exit d-man the Leafs have when he comes up.

People thought Liljegren as this one dimensional, offensive d-man when his game was much more diverse. I’m very happy with all the little parts of the game developing, and him playing a top role against the top competition. The production will come naturally.
I agree with you guys. Wheeler is not worth listening too, and when it comes to prospects, we should probably ignore him.
Jeffler again nowhere near perfect either. He has some good analysis but as he showed with the Bracco comment, he can be pretty silly too. Bracco is not "bit of a wreck defensively, and doesn't have work ethic issues either. It's honestly a narrative that will stick around him, even when he improves on those 2 aspects. It's the same thing with the "Nylander is lazy" stuff.

Reactions: Morgs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No, but his defensive game isn't great which under the current coach doesn't make him an option.

If they deal Kapanen this summer, then I'd keep him but he's at best the 4th best RW on this team next year where Babcock won't play him.
The coach should be fired then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad