2017 Draft discussion- Sabres pick 8th. Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I've always liked him for some reason, seems like a good hockey guy who kinda got kicked to the side when Murray came in. And Crisp has been a key part of Anaheims staff for like 14 years which have done a very good job drafting.

Time will tell... but it seems our drafts improved after we moved him out of scouting prospects after the 2014 draft...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The expansion stuff has overwhelmed conversation so much that I can't believe the draft is 4 days away

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Someone go get Makar drunk and making bad decisions lol

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
D only? We need goalie pickups for sure. And also some forward prospects. We can't just go and get 4D with the first 4 picks IMO.

What I'd like to see draft day:
Trade up or down and get D
2nds - D+G
3rd - F
4rd - BPA
6th - BPA
7th - BPA

If we pick up extra 2nd or 3rd via trade down - use it on F in 2nd/3rd round.
In a trade down likely the early 2nd is gone - I still use the late second on G. If we are to believe Bobby Mac's scout consensus rankings all of Oettinger, DiPietro, Luukkonen and Petrruzelli are gone by pick 54 but if we are lucky 1 of them slips and is available for pickup.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
D only? We need goalie pickups for sure. And also some forward prospects. We can't just go and get 4D with the first 4 picks IMO.

What I'd like to see draft day:
Trade up or down and get D
2nds - D+G
3rd - F
4rd - BPA
6th - BPA
7th - BPA

If we pick up extra 2nd or 3rd via trade down - use it on F in 2nd/3rd round.
In a trade down likely the early 2nd is gone - I still use the late second on G. If we are to believe Bobby Mac's scout consensus rankings all of Oettinger, DiPietro, Luukkonen and Petrruzelli are gone by pick 54.

If you meant the mod mock draft, Norris is a high-energy forward in the mold of Compher who can plug in at a variety of positions and situations. The goalies I wanted all went before I was comfortable taking them.

Makar / Norris ... please don't get my hopes up Chain

Yeah, me too. I hope it could turn out like that, but I have my doubts, especially after Norris crushed some of the testing at the Combine.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
If you meant the mod mock draft, Norris is a high-energy forward in the mold of Compher who can plug in at a variety of positions and situations. The goalies I wanted all went before I was comfortable taking them.

Yeah, me too. I hope it could turn out like that, but I have my doubts, especially after Norris crushed some of the testing at the Combine.

Sorry - missed Norris. Fair enough.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Dater thinks Avalanche are all over Makar at 4. I think that's a terrible spot for him to end up in terms of development. Colorado is a terrible organization. I think Makar but I don't see him being as superior as others around here. I'd personally rather get Heiskanen if we had the chance.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Dater thinks Avalanche are all over Makar at 4. I think that's a terrible spot for him to end up in terms of development. Colorado is a terrible organization.

I don't think he'll even be there at 4

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dater thinks Avalanche are all over Makar at 4. I think that's a terrible spot for him to end up in terms of development. Colorado is a terrible organization. I think Makar but I don't see him being as superior as others around here. I'd personally rather get Heiskanen if we had the chance.

Well if Heiskanen gets past Colorado he could drop to Buffalo.

Vancouver goes for playmaking C then, Vegas won't start their journey with a Finnish D-man, they'll take a more exciting C and maybe target Liljegren/Valimaki with their other 1st, Arizona goes for Liljegren/C, they have Oel+ Chychun already.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Dream is to move up to get Makar because he's not falling in our lap but 99% likely we stay at 8th - my dilemma is choosing between Liljegren, Mittelstadt and Glass if one those forwards drop to 8th. I do think the same thing happened to Liljegren as happened to Chychrun. I still think he could be the best dman of this draft 5 years from now. We have the right coach for him, let's hope Housley is here for a long time because that will mean he's been pretty successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad