GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
They should get their first real test on Thursday night. We beat Jersey and Philly's extras, but I'm willing to bet the Leafs will be playing a fairly complete roster Thursday night at home.

Reactions: Wats

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I can accept that, but I think they just have very different future ahead of them.

Reinbacher can play with a Hutson or a Matheson. Mailloux will need a Guhle.

Reinbacher is probably the perfect D to play with a guy like Matheson. He can be first on the puck & can make his own outlets. He would take a lot of defensive pressure off Matheson as a lot of our D throw the puck away trying to get it to him so he can outlet.

Reinbacher is really smooth.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Good guy Allen
He really is. Went from being a good 1b/backup to being the starter on one of the worst teams in the league for several years. That's gotta be tough on a veteran goalie like him, especially with the 3 goalie rotation last year. But he kept his chin up, played the role of the vet to a T, and is now still being very gracious about it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Man the PP still stinks. I know it's preseason but PP1 was largely intact and should have feasted on the baby Devils. I do think Hutson will take Matheson's spot by end of November. The PP is just too predictable and Hutson is the kind of guy who can change that. Matheson would do just fine on PP2 with Dach and Laine.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Man the PP still stinks. I know it's preseason but PP1 was largely intact and should have feasted on the baby Devils. I do think Hutson will take Matheson's spot by end of November. The PP is just too predictable and Hutson is the kind of guy who can change that. Matheson would do just fine on PP2 with Dach and Laine.
End of November? More like the end of the second game of the season. And I think Laine will be on PP1.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
With Matheson on the PP we need to expect him to miss easy passes coming to him at the blue line, fumbling the puck and making turnovers at the blue line, wasting time and killing momentum. It comes with the package. It will happen regularly and all season. Does his excellent shot and scoring instinct compensate to justify him as #1 D over Hutson?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Pre-Season William Jennings Trophy Winners and Pezz will get the Pre-Season Rocket!!

Sloppier today and sorry I'll never get Armia on the PP even if it's Pre-Season

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
End of November? More like the end of the second game of the season. And I think Laine will be on PP1.

With Matheson on the PP we need to expect him to miss easy passes coming to him at the blue line, fumbling the puck and making turnovers at the blue line, wasting time and killing momentum. It comes with the package. It will happen regularly and all season. Does his excellent shot and scoring instinct compensate to justify him as #1 D over Hutson?

Matheson is a good player. I don't blame the PP all on him. The PP is just very static. Nobody moves unless they have the puck, at which point everyone else stops moving. That's not Matheson's fault. But I do think Hutson brings a different dynamic to the PP that will force people to move around more.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Again these game are pretty meaningless because there aren’t NHL caliber team and the NHLer aren’t going all out… But it good that there isn’t too much negativity.

Mailloux, Reinbacher showed some good stuff but they can go dominate in the AHL.
Mesar and Farrell did better than I expected we should have a young team in Laval.

Way too many Penalties… I think in preseason the should give the option to either take a penalty shot or take the PP…

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Tough to get a good look at anybody...just too many penalties. No rhythm to this meaningless game whatsoever. Anyways still liked Reinbacher, kid just needs reps and a year in Laval will be great. Love love Beck, does so many little things well. If it wasn't for all the bad contract we have he'd be starting the season with the big club. No harm playing in the ahl for him too, he'll just hone his skills even more and be that much better when he gets called up.

Reactions: Miller Time

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
We pulled off these two first preseason games in impressive fashion, not in the highlight reel sense but just seemed in control like something we're supposedly not. I won't put too much stock in it because of the rosters but you can literally smell the confidence in the air. We're in for an interesting season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad