2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
"The great unknown"[/QUOTE]

this year has been good in at least one regard for me we have the team fighting for a playoff spot and now we have some prospects to follow in juniors and the college level again , went a long time without checking in on the few we had from 12 to this year because of trades but now with the last draft and signings we have people to follow again , heres hoping Blake doesn't trade the first away for nash or some other doneish vet and sticks to hockey trades this year , like a zuccarello (sp)

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Good one.
... or ...
"The great unknown"
11765694_1300x1733.jpg

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
"The great unknown"

this year has been good in at least one regard for me we have the team fighting for a playoff spot and now we have some prospects to follow in juniors and the college level again , went a long time without checking in on the few we had from 12 to this year because of trades but now with the last draft and signings we have people to follow again , heres hoping Blake doesn't trade the first away for nash or some other doneish vet and sticks to hockey trades this year , like a zuccarello (sp)[/QUOTE]

It can't not be a good thing for the players to be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Especially the young guys of course.

I hope we keep our draft picks too, get the pipeline flowing again, get the most out of the players we already have.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I apologize if this has been discussed, but over on the Sens board we were discussing the idea of a Gaborik for Phaneuf swap. Is that something Kings fans would want to do? I’m guessing Gaborik is a guy you’d like to get rid of due to his contract, and Ottawa feels the same about Phaneuf. They both have three more years after this season, and you guys would be adding a player who makes more than Gaborik, I guess about 2 million more or so.

I’m under the impression you guys are looking for a top 4 defenceman? Maybe Phaneuf can help you more than Gaborik.

Thoughts?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I apologize if this has been discussed, but over on the Sens board we were discussing the idea of a Gaborik for Phaneuf swap. Is that something Kings fans would want to do? I’m guessing Gaborik is a guy you’d like to get rid of due to his contract, and Ottawa feels the same about Phaneuf. They both have three more years after this season, and you guys would be adding a player who makes more than Gaborik, I guess about 2 million more or so.

I’m under the impression you guys are looking for a top 4 defenceman? Maybe Phaneuf can help you more than Gaborik.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't want Phaneuf at that cap hit, to be honest, although a top 4 defenseman is exactly what the Kings need.

Reactions: go4hockey

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Phaneuf would solve some problems, and potentially create others.

Personally, if we’re talking about bad contracts, I’d sooner have the 2nd pairing dman than the streaky winger.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA

Thoughts?

I’d be all for a Gaborik for Phaneuf swap, but would it be possible for Ottawa to retain maybe 2 mil of Phaneufs cap hit? Kings could add a pick or prospect.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I’d be all for a Gaborik for Phaneuf swap, but would it be possible for Ottawa to retain maybe 2 mil of Phaneufs cap hit? Kings could add a pick or prospect.
Yep sign me up for the same deal. Gaborik and Mersch for Phaneuf and 2 million retained?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Thoughts?
Sounds pretty good to me. Phaneuf still has a good heavy game, even though he's in his 30s. $2.125 million additional cap hit will be tough to swallow, but it probably won't prevent signing Doughty. The defense would look a lot better.

member 88115

Thoughts?
Only if you guys retain enough to match Gaboriks’ contract. Can’t take on more money with Doughty, Toffoli, Pearson and others getting a raise soon

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Only if you guys retain enough to match Gaboriks’ contract. Can’t take on more money with Doughty, Toffoli, Pearson and others getting a raise soon
Of the 3 listed Doughty is the only one close. He can sign after July 1st. Pearson and tofolli have 4 and 3 years left on their contracts.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Of the 3 listed Doughty is the only one close. He can't sign after July 1st. Pearson and tofolli have 4 and 3 years left on their contracts.
Really believe Pearson isn't in the long term future on the Kings.Most lucky he is part of a trade package for roster help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad