2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I look at teams in eras now. Gretzky era/craptastic Ferraro era/Palffy era/Cup era.

We are now in post-cup, aging core era with a retool on the horizon.

They could still make a run but there is nothing in the cupboard to move to bring in help. Need to keep their first overall. Still have franchise center, dman, goalie. Two of which will make 20 million between them for 8 more years.

Need another top three pick likely and to bring in a decent dman in free agency. Gabby needs to retire. Vilardi needs to payoff big which is a ton of pressure.

If you trade Muzzin and Amart who steps in?

Or you blow it up by trading the big three and usher in a new era.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
To fire Blake after signing Cammy, Folin and Kuemper would be a very bad look for the Kings. Talk about not giving the guy a chance to show what he's made of. The team stinks right now but at least it's intriguing to see what direction Blake and Co. will go from here.

Blake is part of Lombardi's staff and was second incharge.Makes perfect sense to fire Blake if this team fails to make the playoffs.He kept Stevens and Futa and pretty much the entire Lombardi team in the organization.Its Blakes choice to keep the players on the team and his choice on the FA.Not impressed with Blakes decision to keep Stevens and his FA signings as a whole.Its as if he is scared to make a hockey trade.

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
To fire Blake after signing Cammy, Folin and Kuemper would be a very bad look for the Kings. Talk about not giving the guy a chance to show what he's made of. The team stinks right now but at least it's intriguing to see what direction Blake and Co. will go from here.
The Folin and Kuemper signings are both very good ones as well.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
LA should target Hjallmarson & JVR

I'd pass on JVR. He runs too hot and cold. Has been average at best this year with the Leafs. Apparently he is looking for mucho dinero this offseason with significant term.

Haven't seen much of the Yotes this year and NH so I can't really comment on his play.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
What do the Kings have to offer which other teams can't top?
The answer is who is willing to get into a bidding war or willing to give up for the player in question.Pretty much every trade made there's another team that could've topped the deal if they wanted to, either by picks or players.One team may not think the offer agreed upon is worth upping.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
No point in trading roster players unless the Kings are trending into top five pick territory at the deadline. The Kings are not there yet.

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i wouldn't pass up on JVR and yes he's hot and cold

but passing up on JVR is like you saying im fine with Iafallo Pearson Andreoff Clifford as our LWs

that's on YOU, not me

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Look at buffalo,they kept all the picks as well, still not a contender.Gotta trade picks and youth to build a contender as Lombardi did for the two cup wins.After that Lombardi got too carried away.

The problem there is they didn’t keep their picks and young talent. Their past GM made deals including trading young players , hell he even was dumb enough to deal a 1st for an unproven goalie. They tried to make the team good in short period not by building with youth and draft. Trading your draft pick just guarantees Your heading to rebuild before you have to. I wish we had the Ducks GM he never traded his 1st and his top end prospects and their roster is always good.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
The Mayor was saying that Pearson is LAs main trade piece. Move him out four a legit top for and bump Gabby back into top six.

Not sure if Amadio & LaDue would be a decent package to give up unless you think they won’t turn into key pieces.They may be LAs only other offerings.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
i guess you're right... we will never ever trade again, damn you made me open my eyes!
Hey, if you are willing to give up the Kings 1st round pick, I am sure Blake can make a deal which will mean absolutely nothing to the team's success over the long haul. Most likely it won't mean anything to the Kings success over the short term as well.

The Kings don't have the prospects to add in a deal. Do you think there is serious interest in players like Amadio or LaDue? LaDue is 25 years old. He isn't exactly what other teams are looking for in a deal.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The Mayor was saying that Pearson is LAs main trade piece. Move him out four a legit top four and bump Gabby back into top six.

Not sure if Amadio & LaDue would be a decent package to give up unless you think they won’t turn into key pieces.They may be LAs only other offerings.
Mayor was using a hypothetical trade using Pearson for Simmons and trying to sell the idea it would be a good trade,it's clearly not a good trade.Bernstein is another one who is a joke calling himself a insider agreeing.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Hey, if you are willing to give up the Kings 1st round pick, I am sure Blake can make a deal which will mean absolutely nothing to the team's success over the long haul. Most likely it won't mean anything to the Kings success over the short term as well.

The Kings don't have the prospects to add in a deal. Do you think there is serious interest in players like Amadio or LaDue? LaDue is 25 years old. He isn't exactly what other teams are looking for in a deal.
To be fair,it was reported Rangers were looking at Ladue and Brodzinski last season.Amadio has been on fire since he was last sent down and recently brought back up.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings have a shortage of quality LWs. Then again, they have a shortage of quality wingers...

The reality is, there is barely anything of value to give up in order to acquire a locked up player in his prime.

They shouldn’t nor do I think they will entertain the thought of moving Vilardi, Clague, or any early draft picks, especially when it’s more likely for them to be a lottery team rather than a playoff team.

I don’t know how attractive of an asset Amadio is or how good he will be. He seems to score at will in the AHL, but hasn’t really shown much at this level. He’s still young though, but I think most organizations already have an Amadio type prospect in the minors. The same applies to Brodzinski. He’s barely noticeable in the NHL.

Reactions: Vino and KINGS17

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Kings have a shortage of quality LWs. Then again, they have a shortage of quality wingers...

The reality is, there is barely anything of value to give up in order to acquire a locked up player in his prime.

They shouldn’t nor do I think they will entertain the thought of moving Vilardi, Clague, or any early draft picks, especially when it’s more likely for them to be a lottery team rather than a playoff team.

I don’t know how attractive of an asset Amadio is or how good he will be. He seems to score at will in the AHL, but hasn’t really shown much at this level. He’s still young though, but I think most organizations already have an Amadio type prospect in the minors. The same applies to Brodzinski. He’s barely noticeable in the NHL.

I get what you mean but let's also remember that Brodzinski and Amadio haven't played with good players so I think they haven't gotten the proper chance to burst out of the shell.

Regardless, Kings needs to look for a good two way defenseman

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I get what you mean but let's also remember that Brodzinski and Amadio haven't played with good players so I think they haven't gotten the proper chance to burst out of the shell.

Regardless, Kings needs to look for a good two way defenseman

Oh I agree, I feel like they haven’t shown much nor really gotten that much of a chance given their low minutes.

The Kings could use a bit of everything now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
To be fair,it was reported Rangers were looking at Ladue and Brodzinski last season.Amadio has been on fire since he was last sent down and recently brought back up.
To be fair, what have those two done this season to garner any team's interest?

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

LaDue has shown growth in the AHL, Amadio's been fire. Brodzinski less so for sure.

Amadio is a prospect who has put up massive points in junior while having a defensive rep and no team around him and has shown steady growth. He's 21 years old.

Paul LaDue is an RHD on the cusp.

No need to downplay two of our better prospects. They may not be centerpieces for a big name, but they are certainly moveable assets with value, like Zykov +2nd, McKeown, etc.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Amadio has pretty much grown into a legitimate prospect who has 2C upside but can probably step in right now as a 3C and give you average to slightly above average production..
LaDue on the other hand, is an intriguing Dman who isn't going to get a legit chance on a team fighting for their playoff lives. Although, I assume he does hold more value to teams than you seem to give him, Think a better overall Colin Miller..

You usually have intriguing opinions and assessments but you're pretty off base in your evaluation of both Amadio and Ladue.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Amadio has pretty much grown into a legitimate prospect who has 2C upside but can probably step in right now as a 3C and give you average to slightly above average production..
LaDue on the other hand, is an intriguing Dman who isn't going to get a legit chance on a team fighting for their playoff lives. Although, I assume he does hold more value to teams than you seem to give him, Think a better overall Colin Miller..

You usually have intriguing opinions and assessments but you're pretty off base in your evaluation of both Amadio and Ladue.

I am trying to point out every team chasing a cup has assets similar to, or better than Amadio and LaDue to offer in a deal. LaDue is 25 years old. If he is such a great prospect, he would already be taking a regular shift in the NHL. Just for some perspective Muzzin is 28 years old and became a regular in the Kings lineup in the 2012-13 season, Martinez is 30 years old and became a regular in the Kings lineup in the 2010-11 season.

I hope Amadio makes it to the NHL next season with the Kings, but I don't think anyone has him pegged as a 2C on a championship caliber team.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Mayor was using a hypothetical trade using Pearson for Simmons and trying to sell the idea it would be a good trade,it's clearly not a good trade.Bernstein is another one who is a joke calling himself a insider agreeing.

Yeah, which was stupid. I also took it as Pearson being a piece to get a top 4 dman with term.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I am trying to point out every team chasing a cup has assets similar to, or better than Amadio and LaDue to offer in a deal. LaDue is 25 years old. If he is such a great prospect, he would already be taking a regular shift in the NHL. Just for some perspective Muzzin is 28 years old and became a regular in the Kings lineup in the 2012-13 season, Martinez is 30 years old and became a regular in the Kings lineup in the 2010-11 season.

I hope Amadio makes it to the NHL next season with the Kings, but I don't think anyone has him pegged as a 2C on a championship caliber team.
On a Championship caliber team, Amadio would be your Stoll before the concussions aka before the trade.. I agree with you about our Dmen prospects in general. Other than Clague, I don’t see a young impact caliber prospect in the system... Agree or not with this assessment, but IMHO moving Muzzin and Martinez for a Chabot, Liljegren, Honka and others would be a nice return/addition to the Kings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad