2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
So you want the FO to give up what little assets we have for the sake of what exactly???
wtf is a package of Vilardi, Amadio, Clague soing to gets us??? oh course, this is after you take into consideration that you just dealt away years of cost control and much needed organizational depth...

In the past I would engage in a similar type of behavior on a post like this,but I've reformed and just pass on this.Please if you want to have a discussion or debate,please stop the world is over post and let's have a civil conversation on this subject.

This scenario has been debated to death on what the Kings could deal in assets to fix the roster on this board on it seems a everyday occurrence.Kings need a top 4 defensemen very badly or need to simply trade away the core and get the rebuild started cause the current roster isn't going to win a cup with the aging of the core and lack of good defensemen depth.

Doughty wants to be on a competitive team and needs to be locked up this summer with a year left on his contract after this season.Carter,Gabs,Brown,Kopitar aren't young chickens.

Kings have Pearson a first,Mersch,Ladue and Brodzinski etc to get a potential young defensemen or wait til the season is over,and trade or sign one a top 4 defensemen if need be.

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Zatkoff to CBJ for future considerations.

Wat

Goodbye...again, Jeff.

Looking forward to the video tribute when you come back to town with the BJs.

jordi-molla-o.gif

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I see Vilardi and Clague as the future. Top prospects that should be on the organizational no trade list unless a long term hole gets plugged by a trade. Amadio is rapidly getting close to being added to that list for me.

We need youth, cost control, and the skill/energy that they bring. Also helps that bringing them up and giving our young guys a legit chance to crack the lineup will help with college free agents. College UFAs want that chance. Iafallo was a steal that I don't think happens under DL.

College UFAs will help restore our farm system faster.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I am very glad to see that the only mention of the kings in the worst future outlook thread was made by a kings fan.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
In the past I would engage in a similar type of behavior on a post like this,but I've reformed and just pass on this.Please if you want to have a discussion or debate,please stop the world is over post and let's have a civil conversation on this subject.

This scenario has been debated to death on what the Kings could deal in assets to fix the roster on this board on it seems a everyday occurrence.Kings need a top 4 defensemen very badly or need to simply trade away the core and get the rebuild started cause the current roster isn't going to win a cup with the aging of the core and lack of good defensemen depth.

Doughty wants to be on a competitive team and needs to be locked up this summer with a year left on his contract after this season.Carter,Gabs,Brown,Kopitar aren't young chickens.

Kings have Pearson a first,Mersch,Ladue and Brodzinski etc to get a potential young defensemen or wait til the season is over,and trade or sign one a top 4 defensemen if need be.

Either you have trouble with comprehension or you just simply refuse to acknowledge an accurate counter point??BTW,who the hell said the world is over?? don't generalize people D28

Lets try this then, This Kings team as is, is extremely streaky and lacks a top 4 Dman, a top 6 forwards(until JC returns) and is on pace to once again miss the POs unless things change.. This season the team will play on as is.

This team no matter what any of us thinks is very likely to experience a major makeover but that won't take place until the offseason. Our biggest trade piece is Doughty and he isn't going anywhere unless he personally states that to Blake and Co. and also think of the public fiasco it would create and the trickle down effect it would possibly have on attendance. Guys like Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Gaborik, Quick are considered poison pill contracts that wouldn't return the needed assets require for a quick rebuild at this stage of their careers and those teams that could afford them are bottom feeders that are building through the draft and don't have a need to take own substantial salaries unless assets are attached and we're back to square one..

For better or for worse the future core of our Kings will include Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, and Carter. This is why i keep harping on the fact that teams value Dmen, especially top 4 guys on cheap contracts and would pay dearly for them... You want to rebuild on the fly them your movable assets are Muzzin, Martinez, Fantenberg, Maybe Gaborik, maybe Brown...
Muzzin could net you a top prospect and a 1st easily
Martinez could either a top prospect or a 1st
at best we could for a Muzzin+Gaborik for Phaneuf+Chabot(both these guys more than make up for Muzz) type trade, Martinez for a 1st and we'd have $6+ million to add depth on top of likely adding Amadio and Vilardi to the roster that already has good young guys in Toffoli, Pearson, Kempe, Iafallo....

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I see Vilardi and Clague as the future. Top prospects that should be on the organizational no trade list unless a long term hole gets plugged by a trade. Amadio is rapidly getting close to being added to that list for me.

We need youth, cost control, and the skill/energy that they bring. Also helps that bringing them up and giving our young guys a legit chance to crack the lineup will help with college free agents. College UFAs want that chance. Iafallo was a steal that I don't think happens under DL.

I don't see Clague being a world-beater at the next level. If he can become Torey Krug, though, I'm happy.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I don't see Clague being a world-beater at the next level. If he can become Torey Krug, though, I'm happy.

I haven't seen him play and I can't evalute prospects with any accuracy. But Corey Pronman does have Clague at #46 out of all NHL prospects so admittedly I'm basing my desire to keep him off of that.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Either you have trouble with comprehension or you just simply refuse to acknowledge an accurate counter point??BTW,who the hell said the world is over?? don't generalize people D28

Lets try this then, This Kings team as is, is extremely streaky and lacks a top 4 Dman, a top 6 forwards(until JC returns) and is on pace to once again miss the POs unless things change.. This season the team will play on as is.

This team no matter what any of us thinks is very likely to experience a major makeover but that won't take place until the offseason. Our biggest trade piece is Doughty and he isn't going anywhere unless he personally states that to Blake and Co. and also think of the public fiasco it would create and the trickle down effect it would possibly have on attendance. Guys like Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Gaborik, Quick are considered poison pill contracts that wouldn't return the needed assets require for a quick rebuild at this stage of their careers and those teams that could afford them are bottom feeders that are building through the draft and don't have a need to take own substantial salaries unless assets are attached and we're back to square one..

For better or for worse the future core of our Kings will include Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, and Carter. This is why i keep harping on the fact that teams value Dmen, especially top 4 guys on cheap contracts and would pay dearly for them... You want to rebuild on the fly them your movable assets are Muzzin, Martinez, Fantenberg, Maybe Gaborik, maybe Brown...
Muzzin could net you a top prospect and a 1st easily
Martinez could either a top prospect or a 1st
at best we could for a Muzzin+Gaborik for Phaneuf+Chabot(both these guys more than make up for Muzz) type trade, Martinez for a 1st and we'd have $6+ million to add depth on top of likely adding Amadio and Vilardi to the roster that already has good young guys in Toffoli, Pearson, Kempe, Iafallo....

Well will have to just disagree.The Kings have enough assets to get a top 4 defensemen either he be a veteran or up and coming during this season.Phaneuf isn't worth a pick on.Bad contract and old.Martinez will not get you a first either.Giving up Muzzin is just counter productive in depth.Cap is going up next season and Kings still have room now to pick someone up as well and Pearsons a pick and prospect maybe the main pieces going out to get a up and coming defensemen or veteran.Thank you for your more civil post.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I agree wholeheartedly. Alternatively, the Kings can disband the team, apply for expansion and take the 7th best player off every roster in the NHL. That seems to be working.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I keep seeing people wanting to trade Muzzin and Amart for picks and wingers. Who replaces them? This team would have the worst defense in franchise history. There is nothing solid on the pipe. Clague is likely a season or two away. Chabot is a pipe dream. LA is gonna live and die with this core. Next year will be more of the same. Maybe Vilardi cracks the line up and has an impact but that is far from a guarantee. Honestly, if they miss the playoffs, a chance at Dahlin wouldn’t be the worst thing ever.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Note to Blake,the big club needs trade help not doing ahl players favors.Starting to believe Blake is to scared to make a real hockey trade to improve the big club.
Jeff Zatkoff has zero trade value. This type of trade is what good organizations do for their players. Cammalleri was another example. Lombardi made several trades like this to give a guy another chance. Much ado about nothing.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
So you want the FO to give up what little assets we have for the sake of what exactly???
wtf is a package of Vilardi, Amadio, Clague soing to gets us??? oh course, this is after you take into consideration that you just dealt away years of cost control and much needed organizational depth...
You might want to decrease your daily dose of Red Bull...

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Okay, which one of you is Greg Wyshynski?

I read that article too. What was the deal with his "questionable penalties" comment. All 3 were legit calls. I noticed he didn't mention the Kings didn't get another call after the 3rd pp even though the Rags were guilty of something every other shift.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Bobby Ryan(3.7m) and Dion Phaneuf(3.5m) both at 50% retention... for fairly cheap, do you do it? Ryan has 4 years remaining and Phaneuf 3...pretty sketchy but a change of scenery for Ryan and playing with his buds could reignite him...Ottawa fans say Phaneuf still pretty solid as well.

Ryan-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Gaborik/Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Amadio-Shore-Mitchell
Clifford

Muzzin-Doughty
Phaneuf-Martinez
Forbort-Folin
Gravel

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That’s still a combined $7.2M in cap being added to two players whose best years are behind them. Not sure I’d want to carry that burden to go along with the other long term contracts...

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Pass on Phaneuf, he's just too slow.

Ryan is a mess and he's always dinged up. His hands are made of glass.

As Ziggy mentioned above, we need less long term contracts especially with guys who's best years are now in the rear view mirror.

We need more youth, speed and solid hockey IQ on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad