2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
i think he offers some chemistry with mitchell, jokinen's smarts balance mitchell's effort pretty nicely imo

plus it gets andreoff out of the lineup..

I hate to say it, but Andreoff’s usefulness is basically a warm practice body. He does not contribute positively to the on-ice product.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
if/when Clifford is hurt Andy becomes the tough guy forward Weather we as fans value this it really doesn't matter because Stevens / Blake like his play Sorry to break it to everyone but Andreoff is going to be here a while because of his physical play

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
if/when Clifford is hurt Andy becomes the tough guy forward Weather we as fans value this it really doesn't matter because Stevens / Blake like his play Sorry to break it to everyone but Andreoff is going to be here a while because of his physical play

Very well aware of that and very well aware that I'm going to vocally dislike it :P

Andreoff is the worst Kings skater since John Zeiler.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
nah i wouldnt go back that far coughKingcough lol ok maybe not but harrold and westgarth could be sooner then zeiler Sad we have so many to pick from thou

Every one of those players had a specific purpose and at least a run as a half-decent NHLer. Hate him all you want, King was uber-valuable from 2012-2014 and arguably a bit beyond. Harrold was a serviceable NHL D and played elsewhere but here as well. Westgarth was at least a true heavy who can and would fight. Andreoff 'provides toughness' but outside of a lucky punch on boll he can't get anyone to take him seriously AND he's a worthless hockey player. I stand by my statement.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

I don’t think that’s a problem. I don’t mind Andy when Clifford’s out (although I think there are better options than Andreoff), but having both in the lineup is a bad idea. I think we’re slowly seeing even the Cliffords and the Andreoffs phased out of the league, for better or worse. Hell, this is the most productive fourth line we’ve had in years with Mitchell and Jokinen. Good veteran pickups despite what some on here think.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Not sure if anyone posted this, but Rosen had an interesting quote about Vilardi today:

January 1 notes: Toffoli's 200-foot game, Vilardi trade official; USA rosters - LA Kings Insider

This quote from Spitfires GM Warren Rychel, captured by Parker, may catch your attention.

“I’m 99 per cent sure he’s an NHL player next year,” Rychel said. “That’s what made this deal possible.
“Obviously, if he’s back next year, we never move him. There are no guarantees in life, but we’ve got some pretty good friends in L.A. and, with his development, I think he’ll be an NHLer next year.”​

TL;DR: The Windsor Spitfires traded Vilardi to the Kingston Frontenacs (Vilardi’s home town) for a boat load of picks. They did this because they feel with 99% certainty that Vilardi will play in the NHL next season.

Will Vilardi jump in and center the third line next year?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Not sure if anyone posted this, but Rosen had an interesting quote about Vilardi today:

January 1 notes: Toffoli's 200-foot game, Vilardi trade official; USA rosters - LA Kings Insider

TL;DR: The Windsor Spitfires traded Vilardi to the Kingston Frontenacs (Vilardi’s home town) for a boat load of picks. They did this because they feel with 99% certainty that Vilardi will play in the NHL next season.

Will Vilardi jump in and center the third line next year?

Seems like a stretch. I mean, has he even played a single game yet this season?

EDIT: To answer my own question, no he hasn't.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
What do their contacts look like?Years left and cap hit?Instresting players if the staff and trainers can fix Bogosian."IF" this were to happen and Kings can fix Bogo I think this could be the patching of the roster they could roll with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki