2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kane 5.25 million just this year

That's a lot of money coming in with the Kings having 6 mil in space.Buffalo would've to eat a lot of those contracts to make it work and it would probably cost right off the bat our 2018 first, Mersch and Clague.Anyone want to try to take a guess at it,I could be way off or close.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
The likelihood of Kane being a rental makes me not want to do it. Plus, there's the concern over off ice stuff.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That's a lot of money coming in with the Kings having 6 mil in space.Buffalo would've to eat a lot of those contracts to make it work and it would probably cost right off the bat our 2018 first, Mersch and Clague.Anyone want to try to take a guess at it,I could be way off or close.
I could see the 1st Mersch ok fine but no to Clague I can't see us giving him up to much on the top end We will need him to step in to help make drews next contract cheaper.

Reactions: deaderhead28

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The likelihood of Kane being a rental makes me not want to do it. Plus, there's the concern over off ice stuff.
Kane would've to agree to sign a extension I would think and with the support group the Kings organization has and the culture the locker has I think Kane would be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kane would've to agree to sign a extension. I would think and with the support group the Kings organization has and the culture the locker has I think Kane would be fine.

It is a rare occurrence to have an impending UFA be dealt to a new team and see him sign an extension with his new club, before he appears in a game with them.

I remember the Kings trying this with Theo Fleury back in 1999. Rumor is the Kings and Flames had agreed on the names that would be included in the trade, but the trade was dependent on Fleury signing an extension with the Kings. That didn't end up happening, and Fleury was dealt to Colorado, then signed with the Rangers that off-season.

Fleury Trade Has Colorado Looking Good
pixel.gif

The Kings had talked with Calgary General Manager Al Coates about the All-Star winger since August, and as late as three weeks ago, there was an offer for Fleury that was either Yanic Perreault and Pavel Rosa, or two prospects, depending on whom you ask.

Neither Coates nor King General Manager Dave Taylor were telling.

Oh, and Fleury had to sign a four-year, $25-million contract with the Kings.

He wouldn't, preferring to stay in Calgary until he can become a free agent July 1. He has 30 goals and 39 assists and was plus-18 for the Flames, for whom he is the all-time points leader.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
lol i was checking out eklunds site he has us 70% on Zach Bogosian Anyone care to try and figure out what it would cost?

Other than him being a RHD, doesn't seem to make much sense. A $5m cap hit for 2 more years? Teams don't seem to normally retain beyond the current season. Toronto is retaining on Kessel for multiple years, but it's only $1.2m out of $8. That would be about $750 retained on Bogosian? If I'm doing the math right. That would be far too low. I imagine it would have to be much closer to 50%, which would drive up the cost to get him.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
On that Road to the Winter Classic show, Kane mentioned how he lives the most boring life. To the rink and then home. Maybe he's finally matured. Or maybe it's just a show until he gets a new contract. But yeah, unless he signs an extension, I'll pass. He's definitely a game changer and a really good player but it's the classic risk vs reward situation. Imagine him on Carter's left with Toffoli. All 3 of them could score 30 goals when healthy.

Last edited:

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
My trade deadline target for this season would be RHD Justin Faulk of Carolina. Decent cap hit for 2 more seasons at 4.8 mil.

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Faulk
Martinez-MacDermid/Folin/Fantenberg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My trade deadline target for this season would be RHD Justin Faulk of Carolina. Decent cap hit for 2 more seasons at 4.8 mil.

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Faulk

They already took McKeown and Zykov from us for a handful of games from Sekera - they basically owe us!

Reactions: KingTrouty

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Faulk
Would you be willing to part with Vilardi? Because that is exactly who they will ask for. Plus a high pick. Justin Faulk is, most years, a #1 defenseman on many teams. You won’t get him for cheap.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Would you be willing to part with Vilardi? Because that is exactly who they will ask for. Plus a high pick. Justin Faulk is, most years, a #1 defenseman on many teams. You won’t get him for cheap.

No but I'd do Clague + Shore + 2019 1st + Clifford (cap reasons) for Faulk

Muzzin--Doughty
Martinez--Faulk
Forbort--Folin

But next year....

Gaborik--Kopitar--Brown
Pearson--Carter--Toffoli
Kempe--Vilardi--Brodzinski
Iafallo--Amaido--Lewis

Muzzin--Doughty
Martinez--Faulk
Forbort--LaDue

Quick
Campbell

OMG!! ;)

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I would consider that, but seeing how Carolina is in a playoff spot they probably aren't looking for futures unless it's something fantastic.
You have to ask yourself why a young team right in the middle of the playoff race would trade their co-captain/#1 defenseman for a prospect, a pick and some spare parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki