2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Just place a d-man permanently on your own blue line, Sweden. Geez :sarcasm:
Like facing the Habs or Leafs

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah. No use getting offended. But it's very odd if he was/is injured, and wouldn't help his chances in the future much.

I like Backes but jeezus Kessel was funny and right on.

He plays best when it matters

I was secretary ecstatic he did so well and won a Cup

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Or better yet maybe Backes can have ONE season of pro hockey where his team doesn't choke/underperform in the playoffs? Phil has a Cup while Backes has choked every year.

I don't mind it though it shows that Backes will be a great fit in terms of 'culture' around here.:laugh: (I really don't mind the fact that my favorite team is a polar opposite of the Edmonton Oilers so long as Krejci and Bergeron are the top centers and I love Backes if hes not in one of those roles and can be 3C or play wing.)

Elite gamebreaking talent was only responsible for 1 of our 16 playoff wins in 2011.

Beautiful :laugh: All Backes needed was two of the best players in the world on his teams.

This year is going to be a blast on these boards :handclap:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
That period was fun.

16-16 shots on goal, so Sweden clearly owned the period after the first couple of minutes, outside of two breakaways. But you don't want to trade chances with these kids, even if you trade 3 grade A chances for 1 McDavid/Gaudreau breakaway.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Exactly. Backes sounds like a baby, but he's a Bruin - so it's ok.

Thornton corrctly answered a question he was asked, and he's a loser, overrated, hasn't won anything...just like Backes.

As I said earlier, I don't care much for the back and forth in the media from any player, regardless of the team. There is a difference between Thornton commenting on someone else's team, and Backes commenting on a guy that he played with on Team USA in a couple of Olympics. I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over either's comments. Phil was pissed he got left off the team (justifiably), and Backes is miffed because Phil commented publicly. Who knows, Backes may have even felt Thrill should have been on the roster, he's just not going to come out and say it.

Personally, I feel like the results speak for themselves. I wish Phil had taken the high road, and just not said a word. Before the tournament people were already questioning the personnel decisions of Team USA and the games just further solidified those notions.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Yeti tries to reach the crease with his stick, his right arm nudges against Gaudreau, and all his 80 pounds go flying. Cross-checking. :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
WTF OEL? :laugh:
Refs have called really minor ****, you think they'll let that go?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Beautiful :laugh: All Backes needed was two of the best players in the world on his teams.

This year is going to be a blast on these boards :handclap:

Backes was on the team with arguably the best defense corps in the league over the last 5 years. I'd take that over 2 stars.

What happened when we played the Pens in the playoffs again:sarcasm:.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
North America needs to fire up the jets again. They sat on the lead and allowed the Swedes to tie it up.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
North America needs to fire up the jets again. They sat on the lead and allowed the Swedes to tie it up.

They looked better in the second period. Difference is they weren't allowed as many breakaways, which was just about all they had in the first.

Think it's more that Sweden woke up. NAT isn't exactly flawless in their own end, which Russia proved.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Hope NA win OT. They deserve it. Would help them loads since it forces Russia to beat Finland in regulation or overtime to pass them. Actually no, I think head-to-head would decide it. So any win for Russia would do in that scenario. But still obviously better since Russia would have to win.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Say what you want about 3 on 3 in such an important game, but that was awesome. Now to hope for NAT - Canada semi. :laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
MAN HOCKEY CAN BE FUN WHEN ITS NOT 5-5 ON A TINY UNDERSIZED PIECE OF CRAP NHL SHEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break the friggen union next lockout Jeremy so we acan go to 4 on 4. I''ll take 2-3 years off to get it done.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That was fantastic. Twenty five years from now watching this game it will probably have a combined 10-15 HOF or more

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
MAN HOCKEY CAN BE FUN WHEN ITS NOT 5-5 ON A TINY UNDERSIZED PIECE OF CRAP NHL SHEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break the friggen union next lockout Jeremy so we acan go to 4 on 4. I''ll take 2-3 years off to get it done.

Great blowout, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad