2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Looks like they allowed Price to bring his extra wide goalposts from Montreal.:laugh:

But seriously, you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good, and Price is a very good goalie (maybe the best in the world).

I'd be very happy to have him between the pipes in a Bruins uniform, although we know that will never happen.

Agreed,Only Hab I can muster some semblance of respect for.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I dig Price and also Weber.

I know some feel Weber's best days are behind him, but I think we are going to really hate having this guy in the division.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
How the powers that be even handed the reigns to Torts in the first place is the question that really needs to be answered

I was literally coming here just to throw some daggers at Torts. How did this guy get selected to lead this team? I cant stand him. What has he done recently to merit this? I honestly would have been fine with Sullivan coaching the team. I realize this can be seen as "in-hindsight" but I felt this way right when I found out who was selected for the coaching staff and opted to stay quiet about it haha.

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Wow, Phil the Thrill made a funny, still a lazy, undedicated POS in my humble opinion, but I haven't liked him from the day the Bruins drafted him and in the intervening time he has done nothing to change my opinion.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Desperately need goals.

Real glad Phil Kessel isn't on the team.

At the highest levels USA Hockey is now run by morons.

Kessel aside, I was pretty impressed with Tyler Johnson, Kyle Okposo, Justin Faulk, Cam Fowler and Kevin Shattenkirk this tourney... OH wait! :laugh:

How come everyone in the hockey world know Erik and Jack Johnson aren't that good except for the bosses of Team USA?

Also, I loved the 90's style grinder lineup vs the best players in the world. Worked like a charm.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Wow, Phil the Thrill made a funny, still a lazy, undedicated POS in my humble opinion, but I haven't liked him from the day the Bruins drafted him and in the intervening time he has done nothing to change my opinion.

Meh the Kessel hate is ridiculous IMO. While here he was a hero with the cancer thing and a warrior playing through a torn labrum and still netting 36 goals.

he is also one of the bigger money players in the league in the play-offs. Also has 7 more play-off goals in 20 less play-off games than our very own #63, and as many as #37 in 49 less play-off games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was literally coming here just to throw some daggers at Torts. How did this guy get selected to lead this team? I cant stand him. What has he done recently to merit this? I honestly would have been fine with Sullivan coaching the team. I realize this can be seen as "in-hindsight" but I felt this way right when I found out who was selected for the coaching staff and opted to stay quiet about it haha.

even crazier, in past "fire Julien" threads, his name was thrown out there by more fans as a replacement, his fiery attitude and ability to get players going were mentioned....he`s a fraud, a sideshow and the guy has no business behind the bench of any pro team IMO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
even crazier, in past "fire Julien" threads, his name was thrown out there by more fans as a replacement, his fiery attitude and ability to get players going were mentioned....he`s a fraud, a sideshow and the guy has no business behind the bench of any pro team IMO

His treatment of Dubinsky is particularly peculiar. Torts was terrible to he, Hagelin, Zuccarello, Miller, Krieder in NY....they hated him. Now, he is the coach of Columbus and scratches Team USA member Dubinsky vs Canada. He's a tool and his short shelf life is not worth it.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
You can thank the NHL for screwing up the chance to promote USA Hockey by putting actual talent like Matthews or Eichel on a fraud of a team while guys like Abdelkader and Backes get to sabotage the real team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You can thank the NHL for screwing up the chance to promote USA Hockey by putting actual talent like Matthews or Eichel on a fraud of a team while guys like Abdelkader and Backes get to sabotage the real team.

Yes, because it was the fault of 4th liners like Abdelkader and Backes that USA's top forwards (Kane, Pavelski, Wheeler, Parise) put up a grand total of 2 combined assists in those two games. :shakehead

People who think adding a rookie Matthews or a 2nd-year Eichel would of changed the end result are kidding themselves.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

If we were on the Newlywed Game we are winning. I can guess your post before I see it.:naughty:

as for Backes, he played very well for his limited time and roll. Of course if his roll was to score 3 goals then no, but if it was to take the body, play hard on the wall, go to the front he was good.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
His treatment of Dubinsky is particularly peculiar. Torts was terrible to he, Hagelin, Zuccarello, Miller, Krieder in NY....they hated him. Now, he is the coach of Columbus and scratches Team USA member Dubinsky vs Canada. He's a tool and his short shelf life is not worth it.

Totally agree. He's like Mike Keenan, except without the coaching talent.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Dean Lombardi.....thank you for your service.

Now please don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Last edited:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
As someone who always questioned Phil's work ethic, I still don't understand how he wasn't a top 5 pick for this team. I mean I get that they wanted to win with "grit" against Canada, but did they really not think about the talent level and speed they'd see? They never considered they might get behind in a game against Canada and need a gamebreaker, and that having Kane as the only one might be a problem?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
If we were on the Newlywed Game we are winning. I can guess your post before I see it.:naughty:

as for Backes, he played very well for his limited time and roll. Of course if his roll was to score 3 goals then no, but if it was to take the body, play hard on the wall, go to the front he was good.

That's good for a 3rd/4th line in a NHL game, but not in an international tournament.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As someone who always questioned Phil's work ethic, I still don't understand how he wasn't a top 5 pick for this team. I mean I get that they wanted to win with "grit" against Canada, but did they really not think about the talent level and speed they'd see? They never considered they might get behind in a game against Canada and need a gamebreaker, and that having Kane as the only one might be a problem?

Because he underwent hand surgery and is still questionable for what his limits are for Pens training camp.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...l-undergoes-hand-surgery/stories/201607090130

He was trolling.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Minus being the best player during a Cup run this year (he should have won the Conn Smythe).

Also, calling someone uneducated without any basis for saying so is nuts to me, but whatever. You do you my man.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Minus being the best player during a Cup run this year (he should have won the Conn Smythe).

Also, calling someone uneducated without any basis for saying so is nuts to me, but whatever. You do you my man.

I'm sure Phil is smart and hopefully has invested well, it's his dedication I question:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad