2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not only is the US team horribly constructed and plain old bad, but the players are so ****ing unlikeable. A ton of **** faces on that team.

Too many guys with questionable fortitude/guts/intangibles....

Pacioretty
McDonough
Stepan
Palmieri
van Riemsdyk
Niskanen

Not one player above would I ever want to rely on if things weren't going great for my team.

Even Kesler does nothing for me, despite his reputation.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
bruinaura

Pacioretty
McDonough
Stepan
Palmieri
van Riemsdyk
Niskanen

Not one player above would I ever want to rely on if things weren't going great for my team.

Add Abdelkader to that list for me. Can't stand that guy.

I don't like that i don't like most of the American team, but it's hard to think of it as a patriotic tournament.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Add Abdelkader to that list for me. Can't stand that guy.

I don't like that i don't like most of the American team, but it's hard to think of it as a patriotic tournament.

I'm just happy to watch decent hocket again.

Definitely don't like a good 40% of this USA team and have no respect for about 25% of them.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville

Pacioretty
McDonough
Stepan
Palmieri
van Riemsdyk
Niskanen

The Americans on TNA are impressive, though. Bright future. I always thought Gaudreau was Canadian with that French name! :laugh:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Pacioretty
McDonough
Stepan
Palmieri
van Riemsdyk
Niskanen

Even without questioning their guts Abdelkader, Kane, Kesler, Oshie, Pacioretty, JvR, Buff, McDonagh, Niskanen, Bishop are all a bunch of *****. I don't want to root for those guys, ugh.

Especially Pacioretty. He's been awful this whole tournament and I love every second of it. Guy is the most useless 39 goal scorer I've ever seen.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Love seeing the US get ousted in this fashion. I just can't bring myself to root for a gutless trust fund snot like Pacioretty. Hell, I find half of the US team unlikable. US hockey needs a culture change and it starts with keeping cowards like Pacioretty off the team.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If Bergeron wasn't playing with Crosby, I'd love to see him and Tavares together. Wonder if we could pry him and Boychuk out of New York. ;)

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

Pacioretty
McDonough
Stepan
Palmieri
van Riemsdyk
Niskanen

Could add Blake Wheeler to that list as well.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
My theory: The person making the labels to mail out the invites for Team USA got Kessel and Kesler mixed up.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Looks like they allowed Price to bring his extra wide goalposts from Montreal.:laugh:

But seriously, you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good, and Price is a very good goalie (maybe the best in the world).

I'd be very happy to have him between the pipes in a Bruins uniform, although we know that will never happen.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Pacioretty
McDonough
Stepan
Palmieri
van Riemsdyk
Niskanen

I thought Niskanen was their best player against Team Europe.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Don't really get the outrage though the Europe game was bad. Game 1 was must win they weren't going to beat Canada in Canada when it wasn't an exhibition game. USA have good NHL players but they weren't super talented to out talent anyone at this tourney and win an 'all star' game and none of these guys play together regularly not the type of team to grind out a win vs better talent.

Worst possible choice for head coach as well Torterella is essentially a fossil in terms of being able to adapt to the current game when preaching shot blocking is clearly not going to work you could have hired someeone who last coached in the 80s to do a better job.

Also there being a 'North American' team is a big time disadvantage to the USA but is insignificant to Canada. Canada didn't need those kids due to being so stacked and possibly benefited by going older without them but the USA did. The USA could have been the exciting wildcard team of the tournament giving everyone its first look at Matthews with him skating next to vets and then Eichel on a line with vets.

There should be a Canada A and Canada B but that isn't very good for marketing what if each play each other?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Looked like a guy with 3 more years left. But he won't be playing with these guys in a couple of weeks.

No PP time and playing with Sekera he looked quite reliable.

Of course the Bruins won't put this guy in a position to succeed late in his career.

Its one of the things you can rely on like us keeping washed up vets who have suffered debilitating injuries late in their career around for 'leadership' or whatever.

Jeremy Jacobs could have sold a lot of hot dogs in April/May the last 2 years if we limited Z but the coach won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad