2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Went to the 2 games on Saturday, it was a blast. Hockey Heaven. There must be 100 different Canada Jerseys. Standing at the corner of Front & York Streets going to the afternoon game, there was a Flyers Jersey, 2 Rangers, 2 Islanders, a Leafs and 2 USA Jerseys. Like Hockey Halloween.

USA was very disappointing. Europe's short/misdirect passing game killed them. Not enough pressure from US. They allowed Team Europe to fully exploit their superior puck skills.

The Big Man's demise has been greatly exaggerated. He did not play on the power play, though. Ditto Seids.

Canada was overpowering. Bergeron & Marchand were excellent, but Crosby put on a clinic.

Got to shake hands with Phil Esposito. Firm hand shake, but no Gordie Howe. Then again, Espo didn't elbow me.

Biggest surprise to me so far is the under 24 team. Never thought they could play that well defensively, especially the forwards. Matthews looks to have a great 2 way game and he hasn't played an NHL game yet. McDavid and MacKinnon and Eichel could all be super stars for years.
That's fantastic. How did Chara look?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I'm going to make an honest effort to make it through one of these games.
I feel guilty for not watching much other than bits here and there.

Sounds weird hearing the old ESPN NHL theme.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Good to hear the line with Marshy and Bergy is the best of the tournament. (in the TV guys opinion of course)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Byfuglien's physicality sure helped there

And wtf, lol. Two lucky bounces and Canada leads

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The question is, does Quick give a **** about this tournament?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Buff is so versatile.

ah ****

Good job leaving the zone, buff

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
This is much less of an adjustment to somewhat cheer for Price than the Olympics in mid-season. I'll go back to the hate right after. :laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I honestly don't give two *****. I am just rooting for Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad