2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Czechs have had almost nothing (except the near-goal Seids cleared), but tie it off Voracek snipe.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Michal Jordan with the unforced delay of game, puck out penalty. Wow...

And what a stupid ****ing penalty by Vanek to allow Czechs to tie it. Jesus...

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
how has Pasta looked?

Not really his type of game. Czechs have had very little going for them, even with quite a few PP's. So far not very visible either offensively or defensively, for better or for worse.

Watch him decide it in OT. Nope, Draisaitl from Zuccarello. Well deserved for Team Europe.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Czechs need for USA to beat Canada, Team Europe to beat Canada, and also need to beat USA themselves to advance. All in regulation. Hence, pretty much eliminated.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Czechs need for USA to beat Canada, Team Europe to beat Canada, and also need to beat USA themselves to advance. All in regulation. Hence, pretty much eliminated.

Right now it looks like Canada and Europe will advance. Wouldn't it be something if the 2 gimmick teams play in the final :popcorn:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Right now it looks like Canada and Europe will advance. Wouldn't it be something if the 2 gimmick teams play in the final :popcorn:

A Nucks fan in the Finland - NA GDT really overreacted to those teams. Yikes. I can get people not being interested in the games for various reasons, but holy moly!

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Austin Mathews is probably the most talented American player I have ever seen, I think he will be better than Jack Eichel.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it's crazy that a kid who grew up and learned how to play in Arizona is that good at hockey. People talk trash about Bettman's history of expansion into non-traditional markets but players like Matthews are proof that it is paying off on some level.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
it's crazy that a kid who grew up and learned how to play in Arizona is that good at hockey. People talk trash about Bettman's history of expansion into non-traditional markets but players like Matthews are proof that it is paying off on some level.

On his wikipedia it said he was more interested in watching the zamboni than the Yotes play when he was a kid :laugh:. I don't know what that says about the Yotes or the strange interests of children ;)

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
On his wikipedia it said he was more interested in watching the zamboni than the Yotes play when he was a kid :laugh:. I don't know what that says about the Yotes or the strange interests of children ;)

in that case watching the Leafs from the bench won't be very interesting either.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
SO did Jacobs blackout the WCOH so Bruins fans wouldn't see this type of hockey before the season starts?:sarcasm:

Bruins have looked well (outside of Pastrnak who looks lost or no clear direction) on their teams and the North America vs. Russia game was amazing to watch.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
SO did Jacobs blackout the WCOH so Bruins fans wouldn't see this type of hockey before the season starts?:sarcasm:

Bruins have looked well (outside of Pastrnak who looks lost or no clear direction) on their teams and the North America vs. Russia game was amazing to watch.

All I know is Jacobs turned down an opportunity to host an exhibition game last week.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

I wouldn't blame him too much, playing very limited minutes (no PP) on a not so great team. All the great Finnish talents have been similarly flustered, and with similar trust from their coach.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

Brian Ferlin - from north Florida (I believe the Jacksonville area); Kevan Miller - LA; NJ prospect Blake Coleman (former USHL Player of the Year) is from the Dallas area ... the Sun Belt expansion *has* significantly grown the game in a lot of nontraditional markets & areas, especially at the youth level.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Brian Ferlin - from north Florida (I believe the Jacksonville area); Kevan Miller - LA; NJ prospect Blake Coleman (former USHL Player of the Year) is from the Dallas area ... the Sun Belt expansion *has* significantly grown the game in a lot of nontraditional markets & areas, especially at the youth level.

Jakob Chychrun, drafted 16th overall last year after some hype of being drafted in the top 3, is from Boca Raton, FL.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
My takeaway from this tournament is that Marchand and Bergeron are as good as any players on the planet.

I don't think they get enough credit for that. Maybe Bergeron does, but certainly not Marchand.

I know people look at the gawdy stats other guys put up and say we don't have talent like that but.. I think ice time, power play time and usage (dZone starts, matchups against top lines) maybe deflate their numbers some.

Watching this tournament I have a hard time saying anyone short of maybe McDavid has looked better.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
My takeaway from this tournament is that Marchand and Bergeron are as good as any players on the planet.

I don't think they get enough credit for that. Maybe Bergeron does, but certainly not Marchand.

I know people look at the gawdy stats other guys put up and say we don't have talent like that but.. I think ice time, power play time and usage (dZone starts, matchups against top lines) maybe deflate their numbers some.

Watching this tournament I have a hard time saying anyone short of maybe McDavid has looked better.

Not only that; but I also credit them making Crosby look better as well.

If we've learned anything previously over the years is that Crosby usually struggles on the big stage....but this year, he's looked great playing with both our guys in 2 games (1pre-season 1 regular)

Bergie/Marchand just make things look easy and keep it simple.

I hope we get Marchand signed quickly.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That I agree with, however did they even have the ability to select guys like Johnny Hockey or Eichel?

No.

I'm not sure if it was posted here or not, but Duchene actually came out and said he was unhappy about the whole 23 and under team NA restrictions because if they had done that a few years ago, he would have been unable to tryout for Team Canada.

I will see if I can find the story.

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Bergy's been getting credit lately as one of the league's best. Seems like the 2014 Olympics made some people notice.

As for Marchand, yes he does not get nearly enough credit. 37 goals last year in 77 games playing 18:36 per game with unfavorable zone starts (52.6% D Zone) and almost no PP time. Ovechkin led the league with 50 goals in 79 games playing 20:19 per game with almost reverse zone starts (52.1% O Zone) and obviously loads of PP time.

Is Marchand as good as Ovechkin? No. But he's among the league's best goal scorers and deserves to be recognized as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad