2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My kid went with BF and said she's second row behind net and says the pace is off the charts - texted Bergeron is calm as always and Marchand is on rocket fuel.

She hates hates Crosby but I sense it may be softening. Crosby no big timing and really good with Marchand. They seem pretty tight.

I hope Claude is paying attention to the style

Not sure I`ll ever be a Crosby guy but having been the restaurant that entertained he and the Cup this summer and being told by his agent and Cup handlers that he demanded an unscheduled visit to the Vet hospital knowing it would uproot their timetable, then coming into the place I manage to ensure he had time to spend with his closest friends from Junior and his old coach and his wife before heading to a larger gathering so he could spend quiet time with them so they could sit with the Cup and Conn Smythe impressed me.

Then on the way out the door, 2 patrons saw the cup and Crosby stopped, talked more than a few minutes with both of the guys and was more than patient and gracious with his time.

He and Mackinnon came in often over the summer after work outs, weren`t looking to be noticed, just sat at the bar, hats on and heads down.

Don`t get me wrong, still want Backes to steamroll him but....:laugh:

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
Not sure I`ll ever be a Crosby guy but having been the restaurant that entertained he and the Cup this summer and being told by his agent and Cup handlers that he demanded an unscheduled visit to the Vet hospital knowing it would uproot their timetable, then coming into the place I manage to ensure he had time to spend with his closest friends from Junior and his old coach and his wife before heading to a larger gathering so he could spend quiet time with them so they could sit with the Cup and Conn Smythe impressed me.

Then on the way out the door, 2 patrons saw the cup and Crosby stopped, talked more than a few minutes with both of the guys and was more than patient and gracious with his time.

He and Mackinnon came in often over the summer after work outs, weren`t looking to be noticed, just sat at the bar, hats on and heads down.

Not surprised, good Maritime kid.

Thanks for the story, as much as i dislike the franchise, i would have be extremely disappointed if Crosby was anything other than a nice guy.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Nice to hear,Superstar PIA on the ice and decent human being off the ice,perfect.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Let's hope that weasel Crosby isn't putting a bug into Marchand's ear about signing in Pitt as a UFA. He did once convince Iginal to burn the Bruins

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Henrik Sedin just robs Malkin of the puck and feeds Daniel who snipes the crossbar. Pretty good sequences from both teams recently. Markström looking good, just like in his half of the first Finland game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Needless to say, I'd love for the Bruins to be able to have Hampus Lindholm as a healthy scratch/7th D. :laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not surprised, good Maritime kid.

Thanks for the story, as much as i dislike the franchise, i would have be extremely disappointed if Crosby was anything other than a nice guy.

He's a whiner but when you hear stories about him and how he treats people he seems to be Conn Smyth there.

Bergeron factor - if 37 thinks that highly of him that's probably a good indicator

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Unnecessarily dramatic. Typical Russia

12 years since Sweden last beat Russia in a senior tournament (WC, World Cup, Olympics)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
bruinaura

Unnecessarily dramatic. Typical Russia

12 years since Sweden last beat Russia in a senior tournament (WC, World Cup, Olympics)

Yeah, not a fan of Russia. My least favorite team in any international tournament.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Needless to say, I'd love for the Bruins to be able to have Hampus Lindholm as a healthy scratch/7th D. :laugh:

Goes to show how good a guy like Matthias Ekhlom is when a pseudo-No.1 D (depending on who you ask) is sitting out in place of him.

You never hear much if anything about Ekholm as he gets lost in the shuffle in Nashville to flashier players on D, but he's a very good D-man.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Goes to show how good a guy like Matthias Ekhlom is when a pseudo-No.1 D (depending on who you ask) is sitting out in place of him.

You never hear much if anything about Ekholm as he gets lost in the shuffle in Nashville to flashier players on D, but he's a very good D-man.

True. It also has a lot to do with Ekholm having done his due by playing in several World Championships and even European Hockey Tours, whilst Lindholm hasn't played a (semi-)competitive international game other than juniors (and is 4 years younger).

Leaving Lindholm (initially) and Klingberg, and - to a lesser extent - Brodin off the team is certainly nowhere near what the previous coach Mårts did in Sochi where he (iirc) didn't even invite Hedman and Strålman (in addition to Enström turning them down possibly because of a perceived slight somewhere along the way) in favour of Henrik Tallinder, Jonathan Ericsson, et. al.

Now if only Sweden could produce a few more top notch forwards and a future elite goalie to go with this ridiculous D. :laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Was Hamilton scratched? I haven't seen him out there

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Weekes is so superior to Barry Melrose

Melrose asked during an exhibition game if Blake Wheeler played for the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad