2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
As much as I want to be interested in this, I just can't get into international play.

I actually root for the Czech as much as US. Most of the Europe guys will live here after they retire and I think 33 & 44 kids were all born here.

If this was Olympics yah but this is an NHL tournament- I taped it and just caught up. Entertaining as heck love the look on Torts face.

TheBigZ

Dec 18, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.hfboards.com
This game is on Torts for scratching Palmieri and Buff after they both solidified there spots during the pre tournament. Team doesn't look the same without them pestering and buffs physical play and offensive play.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Kind of sad that ESPN feels the need to list the hockey credentials of Chelios and Hull while they're talking. Unless you're very new to hockey, people know full well who they are. And I don't think with this coverage they're drawing in many brand new fans.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I am just happy to see something resembling hockey, I don't care who it is. Chara isn't looking as bad as I expected based on the articles. The articles billed him as much worse, still not looking like 2011 chara, but not could be worse...

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I am just happy to see something resembling hockey, I don't care who it is. Chara isn't looking as bad as I expected based on the articles. The articles billed him as much worse, still not looking like 2011 chara, but not could be worse...

I am expecting Chara to regress this season, it is logical. However, why would anyone take anything away from a guy playing an exhibition game for a team he has no real connection with?

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Well i'm going to call this one a win. Neither Bruins got injured, and it kinda looked like hockey. If the Bruins can escape unscathed this might help them get the kinks out early.....one can hope right?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
An embarrassment

14317317_10209692057590921_8677934967604640046_n.jpg

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Team USA's construction reminds me of the Bruins infatuation with grit over skill.

Players like Abdelkader, Dubinsky, Callahan, Backes, Jack Johnson playing

While players like Tyler Johnson, Kessel, Faulk, Okposo, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Ryan, etc all not selected.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Can't really call it an embarrassment for team USA, the NHL designed the World Cup so that every team might have a chance to win. Team Europe has a chance to medal.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Team USA's construction reminds me of the Bruins infatuation with grit over skill.

Players like Abdelkader, Dubinsky, Callahan, Backes, Jack Johnson playing

While players like Tyler Johnson, Kessel, Faulk, Okposo, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Ryan, etc all not selected.

Obviously Kessel's hurt anyway, but his omission really blows my mind. Outside of Kane, he's probably USA's best forward. It's just inexcusable.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Seriously, I would think the omissions from this game and tournament in general could beat Torts band of boobs.

Kessel, Big Buff, Tyler Johnson, Kyle Okposo, Shattenkirk, Fowler etc.

I guess it is easy to 2nd guess but really... why are some - if not all of the above playing ahead of some of these guys?

Buff and Kessel are just stupid omissions as far as I'm concerned.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Seidenberg was skating well I wonder if Claude's system that puts more emphasizes positioning and holding ground puts more pressure on knees ankles. I wonder if a more convenientional sysyem that has more skating and closing gaps would be less strenuous on the knees.

Maybe today was fluke

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Obviously Kessel's hurt anyway, but his omission really blows my mind. Outside of Kane, he's probably USA's best forward. It's just inexcusable.

Yes but doesn't Kessel shrink on the biggest moments :sarcasm:

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Well that was pretty embarrassing. I didn't even think the Team Europe players cared about this tournament...or maybe they still don't and Team USA cares even less.

Why was Buff scratched?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Well that was pretty embarrassing. I didn't even think the Team Europe players cared about this tournament...or maybe they still don't and Team USA cares even less.

Why was Buff scratched?

Maybe Tortarella thought he might not stand for anthem :sarcasm:

Dumb move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad