2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Not shocked. Rask just isn't that good anymore. Could be a case of getting fat after getting paid, he just hasn't looked the same since 2014.

I don't think he's not good anymore, I think he is the wrong goalie to put behind an atrocious defense.

He has the talent, he just doesn't have the mental fortitude. I think when his D collapses, he just gives up. He's not the kind of goalie who can bail his team out 60 games a year. He can do it for stretches of time (he's the only reason we almost made the playoffs two years ago) but not for a full season.

I have no doubt had he been traded to the Sharks he would have been in Vezina contention and had a fantastic playoffs.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Tuukka Rask in unusual position at World Cup of Hockey

WASHINGTON — Tuukka Rask felt good. In his first World Cup of Hockey exhibition appearance against Sweden last Saturday, Rask saw the puck well and moved confidently in his crease.

Results are results, however, and the bottom line was not good for Rask: five goals allowed on 28 shots in Finland’s 6-3 loss to Sweden, which included an empty-netter. Never mind that two of the first three goals flicked off the stick of ex-teammate Loui Eriksson from point-blank range on the power play (including one two-man advantage). Or that the third, a Patric Hornqvist fling from the corner, glanced off Finnish defenseman Sami Vatanen and skittered past Rask.

In international tournaments, coaches require hot goalies. So in Tuesday’s exhibition finale, Team Finland coach Lauri Marjamaki gave Rask a seat on the bench against Team USA in favor of Pekka Rinne (13 saves on 15 shots in the Finns’ 3-2 overtime win over the Swedes on Thursday). The US won, 3-2.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-cup-hockey/Y7JUdlDBaqFNx74F7LEyaM/story.html

Pretty sure Rinne faced 25 shots, not 15. To be fair to Rask, Team Sweden played much better in that game, and Rinne allowed a pretty cheap goal iirc. Rinne's performance against USA will probably keep Rask from starting unless Rinne fails spectacularly in the first couple of games, though. I'm fine with that. Even if Khudobin is a more dependable backup than Gustavsson or Svedberg, Rask should be playing plenty of games.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tuukka Rask in unusual position at World Cup of Hockey

WASHINGTON — Tuukka Rask felt good. In his first World Cup of Hockey exhibition appearance against Sweden last Saturday, Rask saw the puck well and moved confidently in his crease.

Results are results, however, and the bottom line was not good for Rask: five goals allowed on 28 shots in Finland’s 6-3 loss to Sweden, which included an empty-netter. Never mind that two of the first three goals flicked off the stick of ex-teammate Loui Eriksson from point-blank range on the power play (including one two-man advantage). Or that the third, a Patric Hornqvist fling from the corner, glanced off Finnish defenseman Sami Vatanen and skittered past Rask.

In international tournaments, coaches require hot goalies. So in Tuesday’s exhibition finale, Team Finland coach Lauri Marjamaki gave Rask a seat on the bench against Team USA in favor of Pekka Rinne (13 saves on 15 shots in the Finns’ 3-2 overtime win over the Swedes on Thursday). The US won, 3-2.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-cup-hockey/Y7JUdlDBaqFNx74F7LEyaM/story.html

I think Rask should play but for some reason Marjamaki loves Rinnes game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Swedish Aftonbladet had an article (indirectly) about Chara today. Apparently Loui Eriksson sneaked into Team Europe's practice to say hi to him, and noted that he's not looking forward to facing his big body tonight. Then they linked in comments from Mats Zuccarello saying one of the best things with playing for Team Europe is not having to face Chara. Yeah, I guess that's something, at least. :laugh:
Would like to see that team get a win when the real games start, seriously.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Great deflection by Draisaitl on Chara's wrister from near the bench!

Chara with an awful giveaway that almost ends up a goal. Eriksson has had three good chances already.

Last edited:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Allot of exaggeration about chara's speed. He looks about the same to me.

I don't think the issue is his speed, he just isn't the big mean guy that made him so effective. He doesn't need to be fast because he can cover half the ice standing still. The issue is that he isn't taking people into corners right now, and that is what made players think twice about attacking him head on.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
bruinaura

I could watch that Bergeron goal all night. He made a great pass off the boards to Crosby, had his stick down on the ice for the return pass, then that shot. :amazed: i think that is one of the best goals I've seen him score.

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That Canadian line is insane. They're dominating every single shift. Like crazy dominating.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Malkin + Letang for Marchand + Bergeron

yep, that's what I was thinking. (strangely a bit of add from Pitts) - and honestly, as a hockey fan - I would. we deserve to see those three play together - just to put the teams away and watch what hockey should be.
or any six or seven players, prospects or picks (Pitts chooses) from the Bruins side - maybe?

In a best on best in the world tournament... those three together are men against boys. They could've had five goals that first period. Babcock moved everyone around but sat Sid the second game - knowing that that's your first line.

Strange to think that Bergeron is the second best Canadian forward around nowadays. And Marchand accentuates those two so much.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Marchy getting a little pp time with Canada.

I'm actually a little shocked the praise he's getting from the announcers during the second period especially

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Marchy getting a little pp time with Canada.

I'm actually a little shocked the praise he's getting from the announcers during the second period especially

I lurked the Habs thread, and one poster said he'd give an arm to have Marchand and Tavares on their team. Someone responded "I haven't watched the third, but what has JT done to warrant this?" or something like that. Feels dirty, man! :laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Seidenberg looks like the 2011 guy early on. Give him a PTO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Broadcasters have long dreamed of putting virtual ads on the boards. Looks like they have finally figured it out.

CslX7V0W8AAytNc.jpg:large

CslX7V5WEAA9uhN.jpg:large

Ads in the arena will now be worth far less.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I want to root for the U.S., since I'm American and all, but they make it hard when they play like this. Plus, I don't really like many of the players on the team.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He does looks pretty good... If he has a great tournament someone will give him a PTO.

Logical teams are all watching him like a hawk and if he plays like this he should be offered a contract by someone.

Chara looking like Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad