2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Interesting. Dubois is a big, rangy centre. That's within earshot of where the Jets will probably pick, depending on how the lottery goes.

Watched some highlights - not overly impressive in terms of skating, etc, but does seem to have good vision and a knack for going to the net. Also seems relatively strong on his skates, and not unwilling to muck it up along the boards. Would like to find some full games, but haven't had luck doing so.

Dhors

Oct 23, 2015
Halifax
I agree that I would rather PLD over Tkachuk. And I would take Chychrun over him too. But I think I would take him over Nylander, Juolevi, Sergachev, McLeod, etc. Certainly wouldn't be disappointed adding him to the prospect pool. I think he has all the right tools to become a consistently effective top six winger. I'm not fully convinced he can become an elite player though like I think PLD may have the chance to become (and perhaps a lesser chance Nylander could too) though. Can't wait until draft day! :popcorn:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
http://www.tsn.ca/video/tradecentre-button-s-mock-draft~818345

Button's mock draft really pumping Dubois says he may end up with the Finns tier.

1 Mathews
2 Laine
3 Puljujarvi
4 Tkachuk
5 Dubois
6 Nylander
7 Juoelevi
8 Chychrun
9 McLeod
10 Gauthier
11 Keller
12 Bean
13 Sergachev
14 Jost

I don't like it because he has the Jets trafting Tkachuk. He's probably going to be a great complimentary player, but he's not who I have in my sights for this draft. If we can't get 1st overall, I want either of the two Finns, Dubois, or Juolevi.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I like Tkachuk's style of play, he's got a nose for the net and has some great hands. Imagine a line of Tkachuk - Scheifele - Wheeler? That would be fun to watch. He's got some knocks on skating but Scheifele did too when he was young, now he's more than capable of keeping up with our faster guys.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I like Tkachuk's style of play, he's got a nose for the net and has some great hands. Imagine a line of Tkachuk - Scheifele - Wheeler? That would be fun to watch. He's got some knocks on skating but Scheifele did too when he was young, now he's more than capable of keeping up with our faster guys.

He's a Ladd type, hard to say if he ever becomes as good as Ladd but those kinds of guys are hit and miss.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

He's not the guy I want but if we end up with him we could do allot worse. He is a really talented kid it's just there are other options I want ahead of him.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
He just scares my with the amount of secondary assists and who he plays with.. I know it's kinda silly but if it was me I almost think I'd rather pick 6-7 than 4-5 just to let the players I'm not as sure about get picked by someone else. :P

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I am less and less excited for this draft.

Granted... the Jets will be drafting high, but am not enamored with anyone ouside of the top 3.

Please win the lottery.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd be ecstatic to draft Laine, Chychrun or PLD. Matthews would be an incredible win of course, but he's destined for Edmonton. It would take some time for me to get excited about any other prospect, given the step backwards the team took this year to get them.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
CcXKREIUUAAcTD5.jpg

People may remember this old list from That's Offsides old work showing Nik Ehlers.
It is missing last years draft data though.

Tkachuk I think is inflated with A2 and linemates, but man does this make me think PLD may be underrated even here.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Any of you draft mavens got Minnesota high-schooler Riley Tufte on your radar? Seems like a prototypical Jets pick. Big, skilled, committed to US College next year. Could be a possibility for our Chicago pick, maybe even our second rounder if he lasts that long.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
What's the story with McLeod? He seems to show up near bottom of most top-10 lists but don't see much mention of him.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
CcXKREIUUAAcTD5.jpg

People may remember this old list from That's Offsides old work showing Nik Ehlers.
It is missing last years draft data though.

Tkachuk I think is inflated with A2 and linemates, but man does this make me think PLD may be underrated even here.
I'm all aboard the PDL train. I have far more interest in him than the wingers that would be taken in nearby spots - assuming he has a real shot at playing center.

After the big three, I like PDL, Sergachev, Tkachuk, Juoelevi & Chychrun to varying degrees. The D men are all interesting - upside is big, but they make me nervous.

Last edited:

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Again, in this year's draft the only one really worth considering is Auston Matthews. If Matthews was not on the list this draft would be comparable to the 1999 draft.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Any of you draft mavens got Minnesota high-schooler Riley Tufte on your radar? Seems like a prototypical Jets pick. Big, skilled, committed to US College next year. Could be a possibility for our Chicago pick, maybe even our second rounder if he lasts that long.
He goes middle first.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Again, in this year's draft the only one really worth considering is Auston Matthews. If Matthews was not on the list this draft would be comparable to the 1999 draft.

Patrik Laine has 17 points on his 18 games this year. 9 of them goals. The guy's a 17 year old rookie in top mens pro league. For the whole season he's just 1 goal away from the 4th spot on the entire league with 14 games missed and "slow" early season (he's a rookie, after all). I'd say that's pretty, well considerable. :)

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Patrik Laine has 17 points on his 18 games this year. 9 of them goals. The guy's a 17 year old rookie in top mens pro league. For the whole season he's just 1 goal away from the 4th spot on the entire league with 14 games missed and "slow" early season (he's a rookie, after all). I'd say that's pretty, well considerable. :)
And while we're at it. The next Finn on the draft list has 14 (6+8) points on his 17 games this year. So, looks like he's closing on the considerability also :laugh: (although he's not rookie anymore as he played on the same league already last year, while 16 y/o).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I strongly disagree both Fins are dynamic talents. I am craving a #1 Centre from a needs perspective but wingers are still very important especially if they are dynamic game breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad