2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Ah screw it. I did it already, although I'm not certain if primary points means I should change the age adjustment. Era and league adjustments should be accurate.

I'll have to think about this.

Top 10 F in adjusted primary points per game:

Pierre-Luc Dubois 1.25, 6'3
Alex DeBrincat 1.14, 5'7
Vitalii Abramov 1.08, 5'9
Adam Mascherin 1.01, 5'9
Matthew Tkachuk 0.96, 6'1
Julien Gauthier 0.95, 6'4
Alexander Nylander 0.91, 6'0
Pascal Laberge 0.86, 6'1
Matthew Phillips 0.84, 5'6
Noah Gregor 0.83, 6'0

Top 10 D-men in adjusted primary points per game:

Jake Bean 0.66, 6'1
Mikhail Sergachev 0.56, 6'3
David Quenneville 0.53, 5'8
Samuel Girard 0.53, 5'9
Cam Dineen 0.53, 5'11
Frederic Allard 0.50, 6'1
Olli Juolevi 0.44, 6'2
Jakob Chychrun 0.44 6'2
Luke Green 0.43, 6'1
Pascal Corbeil 0.37, 5'8

I bet Bean's numbers regressed by sh% places him around .4ish.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Jake Bean 0.66, 6'1
Mikhail Sergachev 0.56, 6'3
David Quenneville 0.53, 5'8
Samuel Girard 0.53, 5'9
Cam Dineen 0.53, 5'11
Frederic Allard 0.50, 6'1
Olli Juolevi 0.44, 6'2
Jakob Chychrun 0.44 6'2
Luke Green 0.43, 6'1
Pascal Corbeil 0.37, 5'8

I think with the combination of size, skating ability, shot, vision, physicality and defensive play this kid is looking really good.
I think he is a perfect fit for the Jets.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Probably the best defensive scorer of the draft (when you regress Bean's goals).
6'3
Physical
Defensive

What more could you ask for.

He looks to be the complete package and getting underrated a little. Hopefully the Jets have him pretty high.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'll do whatever suggesting I can, but I have about as much pull as this board does haha. :laugh:

Strangely that makes me feel optimistic about it. There have been a number of decisions made lately that reflect the majority consensus of HFJets. Sometimes I swear Chevy reads this board. But then Stu... but then other stuff.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Interesting to note for Sergachev that if you take away his first month of September (new league, new team adjusting, 6 pts in 14 games for that month) And look at his points from October onward he has 39 pts in 43 games. That's pretty dang good offense for a guy that is supposed to also play a strong defensive game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He looks to be the complete package and getting underrated a little. Hopefully the Jets have him pretty high.

Well you have been calling it for a while. Your last list had him sitting in 6th overall do you still value in order 3 through 6 (see below). I am starting to think PLD is 4th on my list now and Serg might be my top ranked D man? It's getting close my views of him are still too limited but what I have seen I like all elements of his game and his scoring is a bit more dynamic (transferable IMO).

Chychrun
PLD
Sergachev

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets have quietly accumulated the equivalent of 10-11 first round picks over six drafts...

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Well you have been calling it for a while. Your last list had him sitting in 6th overall do you still value in order 3 through 6 (see below). I am starting to think PLD is 4th on my list now and Serg might be my top ranked D man? It's getting close my views of him are still too limited but what I have seen I like all elements of his game and his scoring is a bit more dynamic (transferable IMO).

Chychrun
PLD
Sergachev

Yeah that is about what my list looks like...

Matthews, Laine, Pulju, Chych, PLD, Serge

Chych still has all the tools to me to be a franchise defencemen but just doesn't seem to be having a great season. Serge may end up being the "safer" pick for a defencemen in this draft. With Chych you're looking at more risk/reward.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Button calling PLD could be in the same tier as the finns this draft and definitely in with Tkachuk and Nylander tier at least.

Media catching up to HFBoards thought process. ;)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Button calling PLD could be in the same tier as the finns this draft and definitely in with Tkachuk and Nylander tier at least.

Media catching up to HFBoards thought process. ;)

It usually takes awhile. They have to read through it all :nod:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Tkachuk is a late birthday on a stacked team although I am still pretty impressed. However, I am starting to warm up to the idea of Pierre-Luc Dubois as that sneaky "oh shucks we missed the lottery picks" but TNSE'd our way into a that missing Big #1 franchise Centre though.......am I wrong?

The Trouba-Ehlers-Connor value bump on steroids.

His numbers are staggering but I would choose Dubois if they were both available when we pick. My fear is TNSE seem to love their sons of NHL'ers.

Either way they both look "sure fire" but I would like the big Centre with the sky high ceiling.

This is exactly where I am at as well PS in regards to PLD and the 4th spot. Also not against Chych if the org is high on him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

After Julovei was getting all the love around the World Juniors, I posted about Serg after reading from people who watch the OHL, and how he is in the same category. Depending on where we are drafting from, he sounds like a really nice fit.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
After Julovei was getting all the love around the World Juniors, I posted about Serg after reading from people who watch the OHL, and how he is in the same category. Depending on where we are drafting from, he sounds like a really nice fit.

I've had Serg above Juolevi for awhile. Juolevi did impress in the WJC but after watching a few London games he looks different there. Wonder if it has anything to do with coaching.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets have quietly accumulated the equivalent of 10-11 first round picks over six drafts...

To be fair we did have to trade away Kane and Bogo to get Roslovic Armia and Lemieux. And trade Ladd for Dano and a 1st.

As far as ranking guys for what we need

Matthews
Dubois
Laine
Pulijarvi
Sergachyev/Chychrun
Tkachuk

If we pick any later than this that sucks

Last edited:

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Bean is shooting a hair over 12% in 36 games that counted shots this year.. I'll maybe see later if I can get it for last season as well.

I still like him as an option late in the first though :P

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Bean is shooting a hair over 12% in 36 games that counted shots this year.. I'll maybe see later if I can get it for last season as well.

I still like him as an option late in the first though :P

He'd have to be shooting over 3 shots per game AND have a sh% of 12% to have his goals per game...

And 3 sh/gp is rare for d-men in the CHL, especially 17yo.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
He'd have to be shooting over 3 shots per game AND have a sh% of 12% to have his goals per game...

And 3 sh/gp is rare for d-men in the CHL, especially 17yo.

I have 106 shots for him in those games.. There's a 10 shot game in there too which provides a pretty significant bump.

(I double checked that one on the site cause I kinda didn't trust my scraper :P)

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Probably the best defensive scorer of the draft (when you regress Bean's goals).
6'3
Physical
Defensive

What more could you ask for.

You could ask for him being from the flat farms in Saskatchewan instead of mother Russia. :sarcasm: Many will write him off for being Russian

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You could ask for him being from the flat farms in Saskatchewan instead of mother Russia. :sarcasm: Many will write him off for being Russian

Apparently he began learning English at the beginning of the season and from I hear has been volunteering to do interviews to make his English better. A number of scouts said he has a very strong desire to play in the NHL. I think he'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad