Speculation: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I really doubt that 26 and 35 would get you 9 or 10, despite the value chart. This year it might be even more difficult to move up if there is a drop-off after the top 15 or 20 as some analysts seem to think.

You never know.

From what I've read (who knows if true) sounds like there isn't much of a difference between 10 and 40, and there's a big drop off after that. So perhaps a team like the Devils who need more quantity of prospects would take the bait.

It's all just fun speculation, that's all.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
If we slip to 8-9 wonder if jets have eye on McLeod? Not much talk about him.

Unless we end up higher than 7th, I think at this point we're looking at whoever our scouts like best of Nylander, Juolevi, or Sergachev. If one of those guys goes higher, I could see Tkachuk slipping there as well, but I doubt that PLD or Chychrun drop that far.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If we slip to 8-9 wonder if jets have eye on McLeod? Not much talk about him.

9 would be very unlikely. The Jets would be more than 4 times as likely to get Matthews, and more than 13 times as likely to get a top-3 pick.

If they do slide down to #8 (still unlikely), I'd hope they would look at a player like Sergachyev, Keller, or maybe Jost in that range. Also, there's a good chance that Nylander would slide down to #8, and I'd like him a lot better than McLeod.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Whets the best and worst we can finish in the lotto?

We could win the LOTTO and pick 1st.

or 3 teams behind us could win picks 1 2 and 3 and we'd pick 9th at the worst right now. 9th is the lowest we can pick. 1st is the highest and 9th seems unlikely since it would mean that 3 teams behind us in the standings would have won picks 1 2 and 3.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
We could win the LOTTO and pick 1st.

or 3 teams behind us could win picks 1 2 and 3 and we'd pick 9th at the worst right now. 9th is the lowest we can pick. 1st is the highest and 9th seems unlikely since it would mean that 3 teams behind us in the standings would have won picks 1 2 and 3.
Thanks!

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I just had a look at the rankings and I see 9 players I'd be interested in so as long as we're top 8 or 9 I'm good!!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
At this point if we are outside the top 6 take one of the 3 LHDs or Jost. Kid is a bit of a gamble but he's pretty damn good. Watch him light it up at UND next year.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I just had a look at the rankings and I see 9 players I'd be interested in so as long as we're top 8 or 9 I'm good!!

Ya...really makes no difference to me either. Personally Im not even sold on the Finns so Im thinking its Matthews and then the next 8. This is where I hope our scouts have been working overtime, cuz it sure looks like a tight group to me.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Ya...really makes no difference to me either. Personally Im not even sold on the Finns so Im thinking its Matthews and then the next 8. This is where I hope our scouts have been working overtime, cuz it sure looks like a tight group to me.

I'm sold on Laine, but not Puljujarvi (i think I have PLD ahead at this point)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Just regarding this last page of comments, appreciate the opinions on McCleod, it's one guy Ive seen nothing of and wonder where his game is at. As for PLD, I really think people are ranking higher than he will go. Dont get me wrong, huge fan of his, but I think top 5 will end up being Matthews, Laine, Pulju, Chyc, Tkachuk, I really think PLD will be there at 6 or even 7, Juolevi could go ahead of him as well as could Nylander. This kid could darn well fall in our lap folks.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Just regarding this last page of comments, appreciate the opinions on McCleod, it's one guy Ive seen nothing of and wonder where his game is at. As for PLD, I really think people are ranking higher than he will go. Dont get me wrong, huge fan of his, but I think top 5 will end up being Matthews, Laine, Pulju, Chyc, Tkachuk, I really think PLD will be there at 6 or even 7, Juolevi could go ahead of him as well as could Nylander. This kid could darn well fall in our lap folks.
I could see this too.

It only takes one team though - so anything can happen.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I really have this feeling that if we pick early 20s with our CHI pick that Fabbro may fall to us as well. I think there are so many risk reward players that a guy like that could fall to us there.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

So funny you are saying this because I have been thinking he may slide a bit too. The one thing stopping the slide is that he is safe looking...he has the size, skill, and he is a Centre. But I really do think this draft could have a different order than we all think after Matthews. I can see the exact scenario you are mentioning where those 5 guys could all go before PLD.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So funny you are saying this because I have been thinking he may slide a bit too. The one thing stopping the slide is that he is safe looking...he has the size, skill, and he is a Centre. But I really do think this draft could have a different order than we all think after Matthews. I can see the exact scenario you are mentioning where those 5 guys could all go before PLD.

Tkachuk is having a dominating playoff; 17 points in 6 games, I think. I would not be at all surprised if he's the 4th forward drafted. If a team takes Chychrun top 5, then PLD slides down to 6th or lower. If a team likes Juolevi at 4 or 5, things get very interesting.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm sold on Laine, but not Puljujarvi (i think I have PLD ahead at this point)

Was reading comments about Puljujarvi, were saying he did not have much of a wrist shot like Laine does, with the play offs that Tkachuck is having he may move up to 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine