Player Discussion Kevin Bahl is Very Tahl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.webp

Surprise us, Kevin! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Boomstick

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
He's already a borderline 2nd pair guy based off his usage last year.

I think he'd actually compliment Andersson quite well at five on five, much more so than a guy like Kylington.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't have super high hopes he'll get markedly better than what he already is but there's nothing wrong with that. Considering how horrible our 3rd pairing was for most of last season I'll gladly take a big stable presence back there. Like the way he protects the net front, keep those big ugly forwards out of Wolf's face.

Reactions: Boomstick

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
If he's basically Gudbranson lite with still some upside, I think it's not unreasonable that a higher ATOI on the 3rd pairing with occasional 2nd pairing deployment is the path forward.

I'm not sure about pairing him with Andersson though if we aren't rolling 3 high ATOI pairings like Sutter did.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
If he's basically Gudbranson lite with still some upside, I think it's not unreasonable that a higher ATOI on the 3rd pairing with occasional 2nd pairing deployment is the path forward.

I'm not sure about pairing him with Andersson though if we aren't rolling 3 high ATOI pairings like Sutter did.
I've seen Gudbranson a few times but I really disagree.

Gudbranson was never smooth with his skating. More lumbering and unagile.

I like Conroys comparison of Zadorov. Could be a Carson Soucy type.

While there won't be almost any offense, I do think he can skate well enough and make enough of an outlet pass to be a defensive #4.

Perhaps he could complement Hunter Brzustewicz down the road a nice Lefty/Righty

Reactions: Figgy44

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

I suspect we may not have a traditional 3 pairings.

Based on the assumption that we spend 84% of our time at ES and 8% on each the PP and PK (they were 83.81% ES, 8.28% PP, 7.91% PK last season).

I think Ras, Weegar, and Kylington will each see 20-22 minutes at ES. With Ras and Weegs each seeing another 4-5 minutes on special teams. I suspect Bahl with get 15-17 minutes as ES and 2-3 on the PK. Solovyov and Miromanov will get 10-12 minutes at ES, with Solo getting PK2 time and Miro getting PP1 time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Figgy44

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The last time we got a big idiot who skates well, but is prone to some bone headed mistakes, we turned it into a really solid borderline 3/4/5 kind of guy we shipped off to Vancouver.

If we could get that out of Bahl, while also holding onto his rights and having him play for us for the next 5-6 years, that's a big win.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Was never fully whelmed with this guy in NJ, but he's also only 23. He has room to grow his game and I think shut-down second pairing guy could be in the cards.

For now I view him more like a 5-6, with some intriguing tools.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Was never fully whelmed with this guy in NJ, but he's also only 23. He has room to grow his game and I think shut-down second pairing guy could be in the cards.

For now I view him more like a 5-6, with some intriguing tools.
He's a poor man's Chris Tanev at 23. I'm absolutely thrilled with that. Once he accepts his role and grows into it, he'll be quite valued around here.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad