Speculation: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion (Part III)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
anyone who wasnt realistically expecting to miss the playoffs is kidding themselves, cause if you are telling me you expected that. Than that also means that you figured that our Goalie Tandem last year wasnt lucky and was going to repeat that this year.

[mod]

Also we started 4 new players this year, 3 being rookies. [mod]

So it was an off year, if people dont see the upside in how much improvement there was on almost all the youth of our team. Blake and Schief taking it to another Level. [mod] I for one have NEVER been more optimistic in the future of this team.

VERY EXCITING TIMES!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO JETS GO

Last edited by a moderator:

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Pld if he falls which I think he will if not Nylander is a hell of consolation prize. We are going to get a great prospect guys either way. The top 7 in this draft are absolutely stellar

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Pld if he falls which I think he will if not Nylander is a hell of consolation prize. We are going to get a great prospect guys either way. The top 7 in this draft are absolutely stellar

I like top 8 just fine, still can't figure out what serg will become, he may be big boom or bust, faller like provorov? I'm wondering if we ever fell to #9 who Chevy would take there as a riser or sort of off the board a bit so to speak, bean, jost come to mind.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Is it pretty much a consensus that most people on here wouldn't take Nylander at 6 or 7?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Mynhldraft, which goes by consensus from a bunch has us taking PLD and Girard :)

I would be giddy if these were our first two picks.

I'm still praying we take Chych, Joulevi, or Sergachev if we can't take Matthews, Laine, Pulju, or Dubois. Our chances are solid and if those 7 are off the board we still have Nylander and Tkachuk who look great too.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Until it's reality, winning a lottery or hoping for someone to fall into our laps is nothing but fairytales and fantasies.

When has someone not fallen in recent history though? Fowler, Forsberg, Connor, Hamiltom to an extent, etc. There are always fallers because of the risers and teams "reaching". We are actually in a good spot to have someone fall into our lap.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Still stinging from this idiotic win streak, but if it PLD, Juolevi or Serge that we get, it'll be ok. With Connor and Ehlers already here I see no reason to draft a winger like Nylander or Tkachuk. By most draft lists Sergachyev should be available and he had a great junior season. He can play both sides, he would be ideal.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Jacob Larsson - 19 points 30 games
Drafted 27

Gabriel Carlsson - 7 points 39 games
Drafted 29

Jacob Moverare - 21 points 41 games
Drafted ?

All played J20 in Sweden. All 6'2 to 6'4.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Exactly what I said. Anywhere in top 7 you are getting a great player and I will trust our FO to make the best selection as they have done so well. PLD, Nylander or even a Dman is going to be great going forward.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
When has someone not fallen in recent history though? Fowler, Forsberg, Connor, Hamiltom to an extent, etc. There are always fallers because of the risers and teams "reaching". We are actually in a good spot to have someone fall into our lap.

It's only good if the so called faller is someone you actually want. I refuse to stand by hoping for that. Until all is said and done I'll accept reality that the Jets get whoever is leftover.

I'm not enamoured with any of the top 3 defensemen so scoring whichever is leftover is no big consolation prize and while Nylander is good, he's not overly impressive either.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If we stay at 6, we'll get a very good player. Either PLD or Chyckrun, Imo.

At 7 or 8, the pickings will be less. Chevy and company may go a bit off the board. Would not surprise me.

I still think the Jets want size and skill at forward or D. I think they would be very happy with PLD or Chyckrun at 6. PLD would likely go back to Jr, but Chyckrun could stick.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
H-m. This 9 points in last 4 games is HUGE disappointment for me, If we're not in a PO picture since pretty much game 50, why can't we just take 4 points less to have waaay better odds to get top-3 pick? Just so we could draft what this franchise needs most - high end offensive player. Drafting 6-th or 7-th after really bad season feels like double fail to me

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
H-m. This 9 points in last 4 games is HUGE disappointment for me, If we're not in a PO picture since pretty much game 50, why can't we just take 4 points less to have waaay better odds to get top-3 pick? Just so we could draft what this franchise needs most - high end offensive player. Drafting 6-th or 7-th after really bad season feels like double fail to me

Well top 3 would have been nice but it's a good draft so it's not too big of a deal imo. Laine or Mathews would have been ideal, but odds of us getting there weren't very good anyways. Gonna be some great talent at 6-7

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.

Pretty bitter pill to swallow right now. Really disappointing to find this all out today. I stopped watching any sports channels and reading anything regarding hockey when they left for the California trip. Didn't want the frustration of scoreboard/standings watching.

I'm fully expecting their pick to be 7th or even 8th.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Take those 9 points away and we had the same number of points as Toronto.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Our high end offensive prospect coming is Kyle Connor, imo. Either next year or the year after.

The Jets need a high end LH d prospect or a big, physical and skilled forward (preferably a C). I'm hopeful we get that at 6 or higher. If we pick 8 or 9, there should still be a LH d available, but perhaps not the one we really covet.

Wonder how aggressive Chevy is at the draft?

janneydraketkachuk

Jun 17, 2014

Jacob Larsson - 19 points 30 games
Drafted 27

Gabriel Carlsson - 7 points 39 games
Drafted 29

Jacob Moverare - 21 points 41 games
Drafted ?

All played J20 in Sweden. All 6'2 to 6'4.

Moverare born August 31 1998. That's gotta make him one of the youngest guys in the draft.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Their first.

Depends on results from how they do in the playoffs. Looking for a first or second round defeat to improve that pick. Sorry Laddy.

If Chicago were to lose in the first or second round then where does their pick fall? I am guessing pending who ever else loses the lowest they could finish would be 18th if all four division champs lose in the first two rounds too? Most likely one or two division champs would make it to the final four so its probably around 20th or 21st. I love Ladd but would prefer Chicago gets upset by St Louis finally. :naughty:

Honestly though I don't think the Blues have enough because their season has been largely driven by their goalies having career years. Allan has a .9.20 save % and Elliott has a .930 save % :amazed: So they have a team .925 save % :help:

Now as long as that holds up in the playoffs then they should be tough to beat but who here feels comfortable with the Blues goalies in the post season?

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
If Chicago were to lose in the first or second round then were does their pick fall? I am guessing pending who ever else loses the lowest they could finish would be 18 if all four division champs lose in the first two rounds. Most likely one or two division champs would make it to the final four so its probably around 20th or 21st. I love Ladd but would prefer Chicago gets upset by St Louis finally. :naughty:

Honestly though I don't think the Blues have enough because their season has been largely driven by their goalies having career years. Allan has a .9.20 save % and Elliott has a .930 save % :amazed:

So they have a team .925 save % :help:

Now as long as that holds up in the playoffs then they should be tough to beat but who here feels comfortable with the Blues goalies in the post season?

If Chicago loses in one of first 2 rounds, all 4 division winners lose in first 2 rounds, plus STL and Pit both lose in first 2 rounds, Chicago's pick would be 20th. That's best case scenario. Worst case if they lose in first two rounds is 24th. Because at least two of Pit, STL and the 4 division winners will lose in first two rounds to push them down from 26 to 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad