Speculation: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion (Part III)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Matthews
Pulj
Laine
Juolevi
Keller
Tkachuk
Chych
PLD
Sergachev

With a guaranteed top 9 pick, Jets should be getting one of these guys, so I'm good. After the combine will have a much better idea who I'll want most for the Jets first 3 picks. Two favs right now are Pulj and Cam Dineen. We'll see if that changes. :)

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
Seems like a solid top-15, but probably not an option where the Jets will likely draft (#6-8).

I wonder if the offensive side of his game developed he could eventually develop into a Kesler type of player. My understanding is that his main attributes are his great skating and solid two way game. Not suggesting the Jets should consider taking him but there is the potential that he could develop into the kind of player that teams really covet.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if the offensive side of his game developed he could eventually develop into a Kesler type of player. My understanding is that his main attributes are his great skating and solid two way game. Not suggesting the Jets should consider taking him but there is the potential that he could develop into the kind of player that teams really covet.

Kesler seems like a good comparison for him. I just think top-8 might be a bit too high for him, but the draft seems pretty fluid from #4-9 this year.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
Kesler seems like a good comparison for him. I just think top-8 might be a bit too high for him, but the draft seems pretty fluid from #4-9 this year.

I agree with you. I think if we some how ended up picking 9th he might be a player to consider. Definitely up to 8 there are certainly options that I prefer over Mcleod. I am just not sure what I would do if Nylander was the player available at that draft position. That is clearly a very low probability event so I am not particularly concerned about having that situation arise.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Or you thinking Mark Scheif type?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I believe he's on the Canada U18 roster

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
With the Bruins out of the playoffs there's a chance (very small) Sweeney could pick ahead of us again

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
We seem to have so much Forward prospect depth that it's actually fun trying to slot them all in. We have depth there in case of injury. Maybe a drop is a blessing in disguise as maybe best player available will be dman. I'd love chych and would not be upset with juolevi or serg. Guess Chevy needs to decide if pld or nylander are better than chych, still have some good options at 6-7!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The Chicago pick is currently 24th. Could fall anywhere between 20-30 though. But just for effect here are the players from Button's list with our pre playoff pre lottery slots.

6. Alexander Nylander RW
24. Mitchell Mattson C
36. Markus Neimelainen D

If we get jumped by one team he has Juolevi at 7

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
There's NO WAY that PLD falls to the Jets and it's truly unfortunate that a meaningless win streak will prevent the opportunity at a great centre prospect like him and before anyone mentions Connor, I'll say that was a unique situation and a similar scenario will not repeat itself.

Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves into trying to find a silver lining in this dark cloud cast on the franchise.

Winning one of the lotteries is a fairytale fantasy. Things like that don't happen to Jets fans.

Watch as the Oilers draft Chychrun and he turns out to be a true stud #1.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It's possible that PLD falls to the Jets.
It's possible that teams make "interesting" decisions in the draft again this year - it's happened many times before.
It's also possible that the Jets win the lottery - that's why we have odds for it.

I'm going to wait until the lottery and draft to see how it unfolds before being overly disappointed that the team I follow decided to do their job and win games. As I've stated before, the players aren't going to tank, and Chevy pretty much did as much as he could to torpedo their ability to win. They resisted. C'est la vie. Why should I feel bad about this? :huh:

Someone ALWAYS falls though.

Yep.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Odds are just numbers to help you feel good about long shot chances.

Until it's reality, winning a lottery or hoping for someone to fall into our laps is nothing but fairytales and fantasies.

I expect PLD to be the third forward drafted.

Kinda funny with all the scrutinizing of Tkachuk in the past several weeks and now the Jets would be extremely lucky to get the chance to draft him. Not counting on them getting a better player at this point.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Odds are just numbers to help you feel good about long shot chances.

Until it's reality, winning a lottery or hoping for someone to fall into our laps is nothing but fairytales and fantasies.

Yes, they certainly are. Looking forward to seeing how the lottery ticket turns out on that fateful day! :nod:

Last edited:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
The Chicago pick is currently 24th. Could fall anywhere between 20-30 though. But just for effect here are the players from Button's list with our pre playoff pre lottery slots.

6. Alexander Nylander RW
24. Mitchell Mattson C
36. Markus Neimelainen D

If we get jumped by one team he has Juolevi at 7

McKenzie's list would be Nylander too. And Dillon Dube at 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad