2016 NHL Draft: Russian Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Ron Hextall has selected 5 Russians so far in his drafts and therefore he is now tied with Yzerman on that. I remember medias were heavily exploiting the story how Yzerman is not afraid of drafting Russian players because of his experience with the Russian Five, I wander what will be the story with Hextall. And yes, Flyers got a 36-th pick and Abramov could be somewhere there, so it might be that the fun isn't over yet. Also liked that Hextall immediately stated that there is no pressure on Rubtsov to get out of his KHL contract, that's sounds like a healthy approach to me.

Sergachyov to Montreal sounds like a good fit and not because of the Malakhov comparison - Sergachyov is quite comfortable playing on both sides and is expected to contribute quite soon, which is important since there are quite a lot of trade rumours surrounding Montreal Ds.

The story is that Hextall will never forget being swept by the Russian Five in 1997 lol

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Ow age your thoughts on Goly?

I just didn't thought that there could be an actual interest in a 5'8" triple overager with a 3 year KHL contract, but it's pretty clearly now that I was wrong. And that's very good, as it might be a sign that times are changing in that sense. :)

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Bobylyov at 122 to Toronto.

thoughts on maltsev?

Actually I have shared most of my thoughts in OP and those haven't changed much aside, maybe, for a possible Brylin comparison that is a bit going in my head now after NJD have picked him. :)

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Bobylyov at 122 to Toronto.

Actually I have shared most of my thoughts in OP and those haven't changed much aside, maybe, for a possible Brylin comparison that is a bit going in my head now after NJD have picked him. :)

Didnt see the OP, till now. Thanks!

Excited about him and Rykov

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
I will break the rules stated in my OP: no Sokolov and Kuznetsov in the first 5 rounds so far and Abramov fallen to the 3-rd... when is this year's CHL import draft again? :sarcasm:

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Jesus kuz and sokolov are gonno go undrafted at this rate. Massive fall for sokov for a guy that was suppose to be a top15 pick

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Can you elaborate on "impressive"...as I don't know any of the 3 Russians they drafted. Looks like even you were surprised at where Korshkov went.

Surprisingly still no Kuznetsov drafted...

I see all of those 3 kids as very physically gifted and pretty close to being ready for the pro hockey in that sense. Korshkov's skillset is pretty much clear and, while I didn't expect him that high, I certainly like him very much. Chebykin and Bobylyov had a breakout year and if that breakout trend continues, there could be something really interesting next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad