Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Tbh, we must add one simply to get into playoffs. Not getting into playoffs would be enormous disaster for us considering the trajectory we are supposed to be on.

This is a good point. This year has been a low point for fan support. Thank Alfie we have a decent team to ice. Without it, the talk would be Biden-esque

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Brennan being Brennan

listened to it wrong it wasn't brennan who asked the question. At the same time its no disrespect to macarthur for the fans and media to know what kind of moves the team can make now in terms of helping out the team.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
I am pretty sure a mediocre depth defenceman who is an impending FA, isn't worth a 1st round pick.

Heck if that's the case, a gritty leader like Boro could probably get us a top 10 pick.

??????

Michael Stone is a 26 year old top 4 RHD, probably an ok #3 and really good #4.

He is easily going to get a 1st rounder and prospect at the TDL as a rental, and he's one of the top UFA d-men this offseason up there with Shattenkirk.

Just because he plays in Arizona and you've never heard of him doesn't mean he sucks.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2145117

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
listened to it wrong it wasn't brennan who asked the question. At the same time its no disrespect to macarthur for the fans and media to know what kind of moves the team can make now in terms of helping out the team.

****...i guess I should apologize to brennan

but I disagree, we're not talking world politics here, people should show some respect with respect to asking the question.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
2nd rounder in 2018 for Stone

Prospect for Chimera

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Chimera-Kelly-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Stone-Wideman

Anderson
Condon

I unno bout you guys but that's a lineup that can cause serious damage and even win a couple rounds. If Brassard and Anderson play MVP like, we could give any team in the East a run for their money.

Re-sign Chimera next year for bottom 6 for cheap and Michael Stone doesn't hurt us because we can promise to sign him after expansion draft. We also are in much better standing to trade someone like Ceci for offensive help before expansion draft should we decide to (assuming Stone will sign with us).

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Prospect for Chimera

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Chimera-Kelly-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Stone-Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Re-sign Chimera next year for bottom 6 for cheap and Michael Stone doesn't hurt us because we can promise to sign him after expansion draft. We also are in much better standing to trade someone like Ceci for offensive help before expansion draft should we decide to.

Chimera is signed for next year, and we don't have our 2nd until 2019.

Here's something I posted on the main board:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2178637

To NYI:
F Curtis Lazar/Nick Paul/Francis Perron
D Mark Borowiecki/Freddy Claesson/Ben Harpur
F Gabriel Gagne
3rd 2017
3rd 2019
F Clarke MacArthur

To Ottawa:
F Josh Bailey
F Nikolai Kulemin
D Dennis Seidenberg

MacArthur and Kulemin are included as a type of mini Clarkson for Horton trade. Isles clear 5.25mil in salary and approx. 4.2 in cap space.

The Isles get 2 players who will likely be bottom of the lineup players rather soon (with Lazar, Borowiecki Claesson already there, and Harpur and Perron a few years away). They also get early 2nd rounder Gabriel Gagne, 2 mid-round picks, and clear close to 10mil in cap space. Lazar could surprise with them, and Gagne is a project who could emerge as a top 6er. No amazing returns, but they clear things up nicely for a rebuild.

The Sens get 3 players who can contribute right now, and, in the case of Kulemin and Bailey, next year as well.

Bailey - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Kulemin
Dzingel - Kelly - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Seidenberg - Wideman

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't see the Sens making a block buster deal or acquiring a defenceman at the deadline this yr because I think they are quite happy with the defence they have & I assume they will wait to see what happens with the expansion draft first. I also think they will wait for Chabot to arrive & improve their defence too. I think they love the fact that Boro has lead the NHL in hits this yr & they love his toughness, work ethic & leadership, I don't see him being replaced anytime soon. If LV picks Methot they have a replacement in Englund, if LV picks Wideman they have a replacement in Chabot & they have a very good 7th D in Claesson. I think they have a defence they like & will look to improve at forward, if anywhere but not much more than that.

At forward I think they will likely add a cheap UFA at the deadline that is underwhelming but hopefully will add some offence to their lineup which seems to be what is missing at times. I also think they will wait until after the expansion draft before making any further addition of players who would otherwise have to be protected. In the off season, I would like to see them add a good young forward through trade but like on defence they may just wait for White to make it onto the roster. I also hope they are in the market for an undrafted NCAA player, they are usually in pursuit of at least one or two each yr to add to their depth & there could be a couple of decent ones available this yr.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Of course asking prices are goofy right now. At present, there's really only two teams (Arizona and Colorado) who have no playoff aspirations. Every other team either thinks that they are in it, or need to convince their fans that they are in it for a few more weeks.

I'm still keen on Jagr as a rental. He won't cost much in terms of assets and fills a need on the right wing, sending Pyatt to the fourth line and Neil to the press box where both will be a better fit. I also think that Jagr coming into the dressing room of a team on the rise will give us some added mojo.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I am not feeling confident about Dorion finding us a replacement for MacArthur seeing as he seemingly had no real backup plan should he not be able to play this season, and we already have a lack of depth at forward. I get the feeling he'll snag some scrub player past his prime with a recognizable name just to patch the hole up.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa

Prospect for Chimera

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Chimera-Kelly-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Stone-Wideman

Anderson
Condon

I unno bout you guys but that's a lineup that can cause serious damage and even win a couple rounds. If Brassard and Anderson play MVP like, we could give any team in the East a run for their money.

Re-sign Chimera next year for bottom 6 for cheap and Michael Stone doesn't hurt us because we can promise to sign him after expansion draft. We also are in much better standing to trade someone like Ceci for offensive help before expansion draft should we decide to (assuming Stone will sign with us).

Fantastic idea to get stone. Id give up more than a second rounder for him! However this can only be done if: a the sens can agree to a verbal contract with him and b) they cAn keep the real dollars down. Make this move and ceci can be setup to be traded during the summer for an impact forward.

Getting stone will really shhore up the sens now and in the future.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
This way we don't lose Ceci or Methot in the expansion draft because we don't have protect Micheal Stone because he's a Free Agent, just make a side deal with his agent to sign him in the summer when the expansion draft is over. Only roster player you give up is Ceci and you improve your D big time with stone and your top 6 solidifies with Landeskog. All within cap reason with Mac out now.

OTT: Micheal Stone
Ari: OTT 1st round pick

OTT: Landeskog, 2nd round pick
Col: Ceci, White

Landeskog - Brass - Stone
Hoffman - Tursi - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Pyatt - Lazar - Neil

Methot - EK
Pheanuef - Stone
Boro - Wideman

AWESOME exactly what I was thinking!!

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
Who would you guys be less sad to trade away at this point...Logan Brown or Colin White?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's actually sad how we have no expendable assets

No 2nds in 2017 and 2018
Average/mediocre prospect pool
No one we can trade off the roster without needing to replace them immediately

I don't see any way we can replace a guy like MacArthur without trading the likes of Chlapik, Englund, Perron etc... and we need all the youth we can get.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

No 2nds in 2017 and 2018

I don't see any way we can replace a guy like MacArthur without trading the likes of Chlapik, Englund, Perron etc... and we need all the youth we can get.

Add to that that we have probably the perfect example of a median core thats not getting any better... hard to get excited about this team. We're banking on futures that won't be impact players until our current core is in its last few years and will have no goalie.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

No 2nds in 2017 and 2018

just shows how much more stupid that off season trade was besides just downgrading our centre we threw away a pick

now if we trade a 1st away without getting another pick back we will have only 1 pick in the top 60 over the coarse of two drafts.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Prospect for Chimera

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Chimera-Kelly-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Stone-Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Could be wrong but I think TML have our 2017 2nd and NYR have our 2018 2nd

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd honestly not pick anyone up at this point. We aren't a contender, but I think we make the playoffs regardless. Getting a 2nd line winger won't make much difference.

I know it won't happen, but I'd honestly ship out our role guys who could get some picks who clearly have no future with the team moving forward if they want success.. Neil to a team looking for a vet 4th liner for a 2nd-3rd. He has value to teams making a push.

Boro for a team looking for depth/toughness for whatever they could get.

I don't think they are a worse team making these trades, though they do lose a lot of toughness for sure.

Pyatt for anything.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I like Landeskog a lot but if Sakic's asking price is anywhere near that of HF Avs I'm not interested. I'd much rather pay more for a real elite forward like Tavares.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'd honestly not pick anyone up at this point. We aren't a contender, but I think we make the playoffs regardless. Getting a 2nd line winger won't make much difference.

I unno man, that's exactly the same type of thinking that ****ed us over last year with Cowen and Wier.

Also, we are literally one injury away in our top 4 or top 6 from things going downhill.

Do people not recall what happened when Smith went down for 3-4 games. Lines were completely disjointed. We have no depth and we can't afford to lose anyone in our top 9 or top 4.

That's kinda why we must make a trade to strengthen our top 9, not as much for a playoff run but to ensure playoff guarantee.

Also, we really cant afford to trade Pyatt at all. He's been spectacular for us in his role and production as a bottom 6er. Also big reason for our PK improvement.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

I know it won't happen, but I'd honestly ship out our role guys who could get some picks who clearly have no future with the team moving forward if they want success.. Neil to a team looking for a vet 4th liner for a 2nd-3rd. He has value to teams making a push.

Boro for a team looking for depth/toughness for whatever they could get.

I don't think they are a worse team making these trades, though they do lose a lot of toughness for sure.

Pyatt for anything.

Why would we trade Pyatt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad